West Ham Utd 2 Portsmouth 4 (18/03/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Chaz13

Post by Chaz13 »

How did Jimmy do,doesnt look good on his cv though?
PaoloD
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by PaoloD »

Although the Dailly booers are c*nts, I agree with them that he is complete **** and needs flogging quick-time. Agee also that Scaloni was absolute ***** aswell- this was Pomey for ****'s sake. 4million my arse :evil:
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 247 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

clarke wrote: I agree with what Dodger said. We were simply second best, they wanted it more than us. It didnt make sense to rest both wide players, we had no outlet, but oh well
Spot on dodger

Sorry but we ****ed up. Play a strong XI for the first half and hope we can at least go in either 1 or 2 up, or at worse all square then make changes............don't play ***** for 45 mins and then bring on 'rested' players to chase the game.

The attitude from our players was contemptable aside from Dailly and Marlon and Yossi when they came on - sorry today was an embarrassment and come Monday our 'season' is competitively over!
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: s

Post by hornsey »

pdbis wrote: Still can't believe he has been signed for another season. :twisted:
were you there today?
IMO he was one of our most solid players.
clarke

Post by clarke »

I agree with the 'Sheringham is past it' jibe on Dodgers post.

Today, i dont think he covered more than 100 yards. Bobby was just left to do all the running. However, i'm trying to keep my moaning to a minimum
DavyGravy

Post by DavyGravy »

Chaz13 wrote:How did Jimmy do,doesnt look good on his cv though?
Was v.good I thought, made some great saves and goals weren't his fault.

Dailly as said before was very, very good today and put loads of effort in whereas Reo-Coker next to him was pretty dismal again.

Positives.....Benayoun looks to have found some form again and was immense in the 2nd half I thought along with Harewood.
hornsey

Post by hornsey »

Chaz13 wrote:How did Jimmy do,doesnt look good on his cv though?

for me
he didn't organize his back four enough.
that's someit you get from Carrol....he gets his defenders organised by screaming all the time...even though he's a dozy ****!

pulled off some fantastic saves,paticaurly first half where we could have been 5 down if it weren't for him.
flagg

Post by flagg »

just got back and have to agree Dailly hammers man of match and Sheringham looked his age today.
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

clarke wrote:I agree with the 'Sheringham is past it' jibe on Dodgers post.

Today, i dont think he covered more than 100 yards. Bobby was just left to do all the running. However, i'm trying to keep my moaning to a minimum
Completely agree. Sheringham is not a first team player anymore and certainly not a Premiership player. He didn't cover 100 yards because he couldn't be bothered, he just simply PHYSICALLY can't do it anymore. To me he smacks of someone who adores the game but is mentally unable to accept that Father Time is tapping on the watch. If I was Pardew, I really would have an honest and frank chat with Teddy and focus on maybe signing another striker. Harewood / Zamora / Ashton and another striker would be my preferred option next season.

I've nothing against Teddy and I don't think it's greed keeping him here, I just think he needs help in seeing what we are sadly seeing now.
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

Just got back.
Pardew has made a mistake today (after doing exactely the same thing at the Reebok)

We are now 10th, IF we go out on Monday. Our season is over.

Totally pissed off. Really feel for the punters that have shelved out for a family trip today, £100 odd for that *****.

Must admit though the way Pompey kept pileing forward after the first goal, typical Redknapp side :)
I hope he keeps them up.
lynothehammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by lynothehammer »

PaoloD wrote:Although the Dailly booers are c*nts, I agree with them that he is complete sh*t and needs flogging quick-time. Agee also that Scaloni was absolute ***** aswell- this was Pomey for ****'s sake. 4million my arse :evil:
Have you been at any of the games recently when he has played ?

Dailly was brilliant today, put the tackles in, won headers and all around had a good game. Yet people still feel the urge to c**t him off as soon as he misplaces a pass.

Why sell him ? I think he doe's a top job coming on as a sub with a 15-20 minutes to go.

As for todays result, personally I think Pards messed up again and I'm not exactly jumping for joy with the changes made today as there were far too many. Still we've lostit now, not a lot we can do.

The crowd were p**s poor today, it was like a morgue in there. I was sat in the Centinery Lower and fair play to the lads in the centre as they tried to get the songs going but no one seemed interested. Not one person was singing around me, anser me this ? why bother going if all your gonna do is boo and moan.

Don't get me wrong I was moaning but I was also trying to jeer and get ppl around me up and sining, no one seemed interested. I'd rather have 24,000 people there with the atmosphere we had on Wednesday than a full Upton Park like today. :(
The Delephant Man

Post by The Delephant Man »

Bloody horrible day.

I think somebody may have mentioned this already but I feel we should have played our strongest side, gone in a goal or 2 up and then made changes and rest players that needed resting. Not go 2 or 3 down and then bring on those rested players to try and chase the game.

For what its worth i thought Dailly was one of the better players today. Ok, he could have played the ball forward a bit more, but he did well IMO.

Didin't think Teddy offered anything today, but he scored so I suppose that will keep folk off his back.

There were a few arguments between supporters today in the Run about leaving early, surprised it didn't kick off to be honest. What are we like!! 1st season promoted, in the top half of the table and in the 1/4 finals of the cup and still arguing amongst ourselves. Some people are never satisfied!
lynothehammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by lynothehammer »

Unfortunately our success is going to tbe the problem now as expectations have again risen.. :(

I said at the start of the season, I'm going to enjoy every game this season aslong as I see Passion & Commitment, unfortunately I didn't see much of that today ! :(
clarke

Post by clarke »

Just reminded me, why did that bleach blonde haired bloke get arrested in the Rio Lower?
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

I really dont rate TEddy any more he must not start again there seems to be a trend going that when he plays from the start we dont
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

In my book Pardew ****ed up big time. The one p;ayer who really needed resting today was Reo Coker. He had a virile infection last week, wasn't fully fit against Bolton(but still put every ounce into his battered frame) and then his manager plays him again today.
The poor sod(Reo) will be shagged again on Monday. Pardews a b*llocks ( and before you start, I've had that opinion since he first came to us)
simon hammer
Has liked: 994 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

clarke wrote:Just reminded me, why did that bleach blonde haired bloke get arrested in the Rio Lower?
For having bleached blonde hair probably!
NE hammer

Post by NE hammer »

What's all this bollox about understrength, surely it was our strongest defence. fancy getting trounced by that load of sh@te, FFS even that useless tw@t todorov notched. seeing that saggy faced get beaming about it has put me in a foul mood.
PaoloD
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by PaoloD »

Yeah Lyon hammer I have, only missed Bolton away in the league in 2006 so Im not the part-time percy you were hoping I might be.

Granted, Dailly does do a good job when brought on for the fin al 15 minutes, he wins alot in the air. But like all footballers, he wants to play in the first team. Unfortunately when he does, he's shown not to be good enough for this level. It's got to the stage where hes probably to scared to express himself in fear of pissing it up and getting pillored. He now pokes the ball round looking for someone to give it so he's no longer in possession. he really is in a shell and as a consequence one of the most unambitious players Ive seen wear the shirt. As for a role as a sub protecting a leadim grateful but theres better players who could do it who Pards should consider singing in the summer. At Daillys age, he needs first team football and would have thought he'll find that in dvision one.
hornsey

Post by hornsey »

Marky wrote:I really dont rate TEddy any more he must not start again there seems to be a trend going that when he plays from the start we dont
FFS did he get any decent service?

answer= no.