West Ham Utd 1 Manchester City 0 (15/04/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Dan M

well

Post by Dan M »

Rich WHUFC wrote:bet if it was Marlon or Deano you would have thought he was in line! but yeah who cares :)
Definately offside you have to be level not half a body past the defender
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

Lady luck was with us yesterday and I really hope she stays with us for a bit longer at least.
Chip Korea

Post by Chip Korea »

you're right... i've just checked... but i thought the rules got changed so that you have to be clearly offside to be offside... ie light between the players, if part of you is level, then you are onside... i was wrong, but where did i get that idea?
[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by [HH] »

Chip Korea wrote:you're right... i've just checked... but i thought the rules got changed so that you have to be clearly offside to be offside... ie light between the players, if part of you is level, then you are onside... i was wrong, but where did i get that idea?
That was my understanding of the rule too. Hopefully Gnome will drop in. He'll know. :D
hammerdan

Post by hammerdan »

Claretandblueyank wrote:Did not play well enough to win yesterday. Were very lucky.

City Fans were a bit quiet. Although had a good laugh in the pub beforehand singing about one of their supporter's tits. Quality.
I heared that riot police entered the boelyn after whu fans started singing "lets all go fcukin mental" with the usual flying beer....

Why the riot gear???

Its the usual in the boelyn!!
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

[HH] wrote: That was my understanding of the rule too. Hopefully Gnome will drop in. He'll know. :D
Seems to be an urban myth. Certainly the Refs assistants don't work to that rule.

What about the "active" bit? Surely Richards was active chasing he ball over the line even if he did not touch it? Most dynamic bit of inactivity I have ever seen if he was inactive. Similar issue with Cisse earlier in the Blackburn/Liverpool game. Stuck a leg out then thought better of it. Surely that is affecting play and what the defenders are watching. He is therefore active and offside.
Claretandblueyank
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Claretandblueyank »

hammerdan wrote: I heared that riot police entered the boelyn after whu fans started singing "lets all go fcukin mental" with the usual flying beer....

Why the riot gear???

Its the usual in the boelyn!!
Heard about that too, not sure what that was all about. I was down green street at the pub by the market...queen something isn't it. Did not think they let away support into that pub.