West Ham Utd 1 Manchester City 0 (15/04/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

West Ham Utd 1 Manchester City 0 (15/04/06)

Post by Rocketron »

I can't see one on the 2 front pages, so here goes.
3-1 to the Irons (Zamora2, Harewood,)
The team to start being the same as against Chelscum with ONE exception
Zamora to replace Ashton.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

i think 2-1 west ham! however keep ashton in, i felt he did well against chelsea, beat JT in the air all day long, it was just harewood was wasted on the ****ing right so no one was there to recieve ashtons flick ons.
Man citys form has been very bad lately so they will have to come at us, we will do them on the counter attack me thinks.
jamesclark
Location: I wish I had a bottle, right 'chere in my dirty face ...

Post by jamesclark »

2-nil, Yossi and Matty. Come on yewwwwwwww Irons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nickthehammer

Post by Nickthehammer »

Joey Barton's out. Bit of a bonus...
PaoloD
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by PaoloD »

I think 1-1 :oops:

Citeh's ***** run of five consecutive defeats HAS to end some time and we aren't playing well enough to extend it to six, I feel, at the moment.

If there is a winner it shoudl be us, we need the form for next week's semi....
Posh Iron

Post by Posh Iron »

I have a bad feeling about this one. I feel that everything is focussed on the cup now. We don't need the league placing to qualify for Europe if we win the Semi and our last two performances haven't been good. I hope I'm proved wrong 'cos I've got a ticket in the Rio lower, but I think it could be dull as dishwater, hopefully not as bad as Charlton though.
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

Walker
Scaloni Collins Gabbidon Clarke
Yossi Reo-Coker Mullins Etherington
Harewood Zamora

SUBS: Hislop Ward Fletcher Sheringham Ashton
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

A much needed win. 3-1 to the Hammers. It's all very well concentrating on the cup, but we need to play well in the league games to get the practice in for the cup games.

I reckon we will lose at boro, we rarely win up there, but conversely we have a good home record against teams like cithe.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

Any news on Anton for this one - let's just hope NRC and Ashton actually turn up this time - 2-2
Mystic Mart
SL

Post by SL »

I would also like to see Zamora given a start.
jay66uk

Post by jay66uk »

From the other side of the M25, the situation at City is pretty dire right now. Pearce has announced that he is going to be releasing a large number of players in the summer and the already low morale has hit the floor.

Vassell seems incapable of scoring without Andy, err, sorry, Andrew Cole alongside him. Samaras is inconsistent to say the least. Albert Riera can do some trick stuff on the edge of the box but too often gets clobbered or gets the ball in to no one willing to shoot. Best worker is our old mate Trevor Sinclair, but he has taken a lot of knocks this season and struggles come the secind half. Kiki Mussampa can be great, can be dire.

Sun Jihai is rubbish. Joey Barton is out. Sibierski is awful, in fact the whole rear third is pretty dire bar Richard Dunne who is superb at right back. James has looked good recently, but only because the defence have been leakier than a sieve. He still has all the problems he had with us, not least lack of communication and poor distribution.

A young lad called Willow something came on against Boro and looked pretty good - but he is very young and very slight.

If City score it will probably be from Sinclair breaking down the right and putting Samaras in. West Ham need to focus their efforts down the right as Dunne will probably stop Etherington down the left. Yossi putting Marlon in is my guess.

Oh, and City aren't great at defending set peices right now...
yabush

Post by yabush »

14/04/2006 14:51
Alan Pardew has named a 20-man squad for tomorrow's Premiership clash against Manchester City at Upton Park.

Anton Ferdinand misses out after failing to shake off a troublesome hip injury, but Nigel Reo-Coker and Matthew Etherington have recovered from slight knocks and are both included.

Also named in the squad is 18-year-old left winger Kyel Reid, who has impressed at reserve team level recently.

Squad to face Manchester City: Hislop, Walker, Bywater, Scaloni, Collins, Gabbidon, Ward, Konchesky, Newton, Benayoun, Mullins, Reo-Coker, Fletcher, Etherington, Sheringham, Ashton, Harewood, Zamora, Katan, Reid.
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

Heres hoping reid gets a run out. With ethers doubful time for some of the youngsters to step up and make a claim!!!
yabush

Post by yabush »

Romfordboy wrote:Heres hoping reid gets a run out. With ethers doubful time for some of the youngsters to step up and make a claim!!!
It's time to give the youngsters a run at the end of the season
The next one is probably Ephraim
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

Its the perfect time of year for these players, when the older players mentalilty is waning the youths can come up and give it there all.

I would be suprised if hogan and reid didnt get some minutes before the end of the season.

Also cohen being the surprise for next season, looking a right prospect.
yabush

Post by yabush »

Romfordboy wrote:Its the perfect time of year for these players, when the older players mentalilty is waning the youths can come up and give it there all.

I would be suprised if hogan and reid didnt get some minutes before the end of the season.

Also cohen being the surprise for next season, looking a right prospect.
I hope we can see more players from the academy play for us next season
This season is a bit disappointing as Anton is the only one who is from the academy and plays for us regularly.
Noble and Wardy played a few matches
and no one else
SL

Post by SL »

I really hope Reid makes the bench.

Even better would be for us to get into a position where we could bring him on without him having any pressure.

Good luck Kyel.
D&G

Post by D&G »

1-1 or 1-2 We wont win because we are just focused on that game next week.
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

You gotta love old pyscho!

:lol: :x :lol:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

yabush wrote: I hope we can see more players from the academy play for us next season
This season is a bit disappointing as Anton is the only one who is from the academy and plays for us regularly.
Noble and Wardy played a few matches
and no one else
have you read the olas notes, elliot ward looks proper pissed off! I mean hes really annoyed with pards by the looks of it, last issue of olas especially, he said something along the lines of "When i was at plymouth i felt wanted, then i came back here and was back to playing with the reserves."
My mate also mentined that next issue of olas he seems even more annoyed! :shock: