FACSF: Middlesbrough 0 West Ham Utd 1 (23/04/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

sir willoughby

Post by sir willoughby »

OK, so we live in a small village just outside of Colchester and there's only a few of us who regularly travel down to the home matches but what support today! I've not felt so happy and proud for ages. Husbands, wives, girlfriends and claret and blue painted kids appeared from nowhere in the Br. Legion at 4.00pm to give fabulous support to our wonderful team, some I recognised and some I didn't but what the hell. ........ One Eastender who'd come up to visit relatives gave a noisy commentary throughout the game to howls of laughter and contiuous cheering. What an atmosphere and the beer was cheap. At the end of the game they were hugging each other as though nothing else mattered and all us silly old buggers of some 50 years of supporting the 'Irons' sat down on their bar stools and sighed "Another pint of IPA please, Garry"....................... There was only one Middlesborough supporter amongst us and only one Liverpool mate who wanted to buy my ticket for Wednesday, but both were happy at the outcome and reasonably sober. What a super afternoon and a superb team effort for Ron, John and AP.
Waynster
Location: New York City, NYC - Gabba Gabba where I want to be

Post by Waynster »

kenthammer wrote:Pards must brush up on his goal celebrations for the Final :lol:
Yeah he had better - still it was a wonderful memory that will stick with me forever

This according to the missus was "sexy" - guess what I will be doing later to win favour 8-)
Waynster

Post by Waynster »

sir willoughby wrote:OK, so we live in a small village just outside of Colchester and there's only a few of us who regularly travel down to the home matches but what support today! I've not felt so happy and proud for ages. Husbands, wives, girlfriends and claret and blue painted kids appeared from nowhere in the Br. Legion at 4.00pm to give fabulous support to our wonderful team, some I recognised and some I didn't but what the hell. ........ One Eastender who'd come up to visit relatives gave a noisy commentary throughout the game to howls of laughter and contiuous cheering. What an atmosphere and the beer was cheap. At the end of the game they were hugging each other as though nothing else mattered and all us silly old buggers of some 50 years of supporting the 'Irons' sat down on their bar stools and sighed "Another pint of IPA please, Garry"....................... There was only one Middlesborough supporter amongst us and only one Liverpool mate who wanted to buy my ticket for Wednesday, but both were happy at the outcome and reasonably sober. What a super afternoon and a superb team effort for Ron, John and AP.
Sir Willoughby, you just summed up the beauty of it all so wonderfully. Only wish I could have been there - my Mum lives in Colchester (as I did once) and drinking "Hertog Jan" as nice as it is would only be improved by a lovely pint of IPA. Sometimes I miss being back in the mother country.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Just booked some train tickets for Cardiff. Really starting to sink in now 8-)
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

kenthammer wrote:Pards must brush up on his goal celebrations for the Final :lol:
perhaps he should take dancing lessons from Anton - :lol: :lol: :lol:
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

Congrats to all you Hammers, what an acievement on your first season back in the Prem. Not only in the top half, in the FA Cup Final but also a guaranteed UEFA place also.

Hopefully we'll get there also.

Well done and enjoy the rest of your season.
sir willoughby

Post by sir willoughby »

Waynster, perhaps you'd better get your arse over here so that you can watch both Colchester Utd AND the mighty Hammers do their bit for the footballing world. Both teams train on IPA ....................... so I'm told.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 924 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Yesss!!! Watched the game with my two kids - we did the conga to the NRC song around the living room at the final whistle - and it looks like my 8 yr old son is being drawn into a life of pain as a hammer supporter!!
Wiltshire Ham err...
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Wiltshire Ham err... »

This was the day I started believing in Destiny.

:crest:
Waynster

Post by Waynster »

sir willoughby wrote:Waynster, perhaps you'd better get your arse over here so that you can watch both Colchester Utd AND the mighty Hammers do their bit for the footballing world. Both teams train on IPA ....................... so I'm told.
Tell you what - next I promise I come over to see the parents I'll give you a shout and lets have a beer - a pint of IPA with someone who like me loves this game for all the right reasons - those being West Ham United - first round on me!
Waynster

Post by Waynster »

Wiltshire Ham err... wrote:This was the day I started believing in Destiny.
:crest:
You and me both I hope - can this really be our year? Its one hell of a game againt Liverpool but why not ? That's the beauty of the FA Cup - as long as we put in the performance it can be ours!
paololeeds

Post by paololeeds »

All the good luck omens at my house in Leeds - the wife (closet Liverpool fan) wearing my home shirt, me wearing my away shirt, draped over the second sofa the Play off final flag I was waving at Cardiff (it'll be coming with me if I get a ticket!!)

Days like this are so rare - COME ON YOU IRONS!!!
Wiltshire Ham err...
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Wiltshire Ham err... »

paololeeds wrote:All the good luck omens at my house in Leeds - the wife (closet Liverpool fan) wearing my home shirt, me wearing my away shirt, draped over the second sofa the Play off final flag I was waving at Cardiff (it'll be coming with me if I get a ticket!!)

Here's hoping they get less rare so I have a chance of getting a fcukin ticket.
Waynster

Post by Waynster »

paololeeds wrote:
Lets hope this day is the start of that all changing. We deserve to be a bigger club - through hard work, the academy and everything - today, St Georges Day 2006 could be something fantastic in our history - I mean if we win the FA Cup (and it is a big if) suddenly come shopping time in close season players are going to change their minds about wanting to play for us - we could be on the brink of a huge resurgence.

Just my opinion...
lynothehammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by lynothehammer »

Just got home, I am absolutely wrecked but what a day. As good as Cardff last season ? not sure about that, but not too far off.

Well done to all the lads, and a massive hats off to the travelling army of West Ham fans, I can hardly speak now, we sung our hearts out. :D

All toghether now, We're all going on a European Tour !! ;)
mattandbenny

Post by mattandbenny »

Ratings time...

Hislop: 7 - Not loads to do to be honest, but he made some good saves. Kicking looked a bit suspect at times though.
Ferdinand: 7 - Didnt step a foot wrong, but would ahve liked him to go forward a bit more.
Collins: 8 - Fantastic as ever, won every header and some good clearences.
Gabbidon: 9 - Great performace. Always calm, made some great tackles. Another top performace.
Konchesky: 5 - Was awfull the first half, gave the ball away with every touch. Got into the game more the 2nd half though, and wasnt bad.
Benayoun: 9 - Worked his arse off, a cool character. Very quick feet and distributed the ball well.
ReoCoker: 8 - Some nice runs, good passing and a good game.
Mullins: 8 - Played an invaluable role i nthe middle, some great tackles and held the ball up well. A rock in the midfield.
Ashton: 8 - Great flick on to create the goal. Always looked a threat in the air, didnt look too confident on the ball though.
Harewood: 9 - Superb finish for the goal, showed great pace throughout the match, and some nice flick-ons.
resus

Post by resus »

Credit to Deano too. He worked his socks off, was god in the air, hit the post and gave that very important assist.
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

mattandbenny wrote:Ratings time...

Hislop: 7 - Not loads to do to be honest, but he made some good saves. Kicking looked a bit suspect at times though.
Ferdinand: 7 - Didnt step a foot wrong, but would ahve liked him to go forward a bit more.
Collins: 8 - Fantastic as ever, won every header and some good clearences.
Gabbidon: 9 - Great performace. Always calm, made some great tackles. Another top performace.
Konchesky: 5 - Was awfull the first half, gave the ball away with every touch. Got into the game more the 2nd half though, and wasnt bad.
Benayoun: 9 - Worked his arse off, a cool character. Very quick feet and distributed the ball well.
ReoCoker: 8 - Some nice runs, good passing and a good game.
Mullins: 8 - Played an invaluable role i nthe middle, some great tackles and held the ball up well. A rock in the midfield.
Ashton: 8 - Great flick on to create the goal. Always looked a threat in the air, didnt look too confident on the ball though.
Harewood: 9 - Superb finish for the goal, showed great pace throughout the match, and some nice flick-ons.
Ferdinand 7? Get real. 8 or 9, he played a blinder,
HenrytheHammer

Post by HenrytheHammer »

F*ck me im smashed,. Still cant beleive it. yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhsssssss!
Well done to all the boys. Pards you the man. Jonny thats for you mate.

:pissed: :crest: :pards: :raver: