West Ham Utd 1 Liverpool 2 (26/04/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

abel wrote:Enjoyed the second half, good performance, thought we deserved a point.

NRC a couple of times was really effective running at their defence. Teddy also looked decent for the first time in months.
agree with that, good to see a couple of NRC's bursting runs again, teddy was dropping deep trying to start some moves and was laying off some nice balls.

must say i thought scaloni was excellent tonight! he is a better left back than he is right back! was impressed with his work rate too
Romford Iron

Post by Romford Iron »

Thought the sending off was very harsh and i'm disgusted at the way Garcia reacted. A few minutes later marlon was taken out by Traore on the touchline but just got stright back up. I looked at Benitez and turns to the fourth offical and makes a diving signal.

Spanish knobs.

Anyone there early enough to see the woman in the BML take full force Fletch piledriver in the face? It wasn't really funny but I couldn't help laughing. She was taken away and Fletch ran back to the changing roon and came out and gave a steward what looked like his shirt.
MK Hammer 3

Post by MK Hammer 3 »

Myron T Buttram wrote: TBH you have to be a c*** of a refree to send two blokes off in the 82nd minute of a largely fair game knowing full well they will miss the cup final.

I hope Pards and Benitez get together and approach the FA as a delegation; Thatb might carry a bit more weight. I assume of course that the disciplinary committee are a bunch of jobsworths and will have none of it.
Agreed. It wasn't a dirty game and the stakes were the same for both sides, so a yellow each would have been sufficient. They say refs have no discretion, but of course they do. That is why they are there. To apply common sense.

I've always thought that this ref was OK but he is an f*wit! FFS this was a tribute to John Lyall. There was no need to send them off.

Pards and Benitez need to get together. The FA could reduce the ban to 2 games.

Just seen it again and Mullins pushed Garcia in the chest and he went down clutching his face!!!!!

btw Mullins played a blinder. That tackle in the first half on Fowler was superb. I was watching his play closely in the second half and didn't put a foot wrong and he did the same just before the red card.

Also, wonder if Konch can play on the right? Scaloni did well at LB.

Liverpool were beatable today, we can win the cup!
yabush

Post by yabush »

Walker - a bit disappoointing
Ferdinand - okay, but Cisse is too fast for him
Scaloni - hard working, great tackles, though a bit slow
Ward -a bit slow as well, was not steady at the beginning, getting much better later on
Collins - okay
Ethers - promising and some good passes and crosses
Nigel - good game, but sometimes hold the ball too long instead of passing it to someone else
Mullins - disappeared in the first half, improved in the second half, but did something stupid at last
Yossi - a bit quiet, but not bad
Zamora - good
Teddy - great passes,unlucky not to score the header

Fletch - okay
Marlon - didn't do much

A little disappointed that Hogan and Kyel didn't play a few mins.
scouse1

Post by scouse1 »

MK Hammer 3 wrote: Liverpool were beatable today, we can win the cup!
thats the spirit! :lol: :lol: :lol:
yabush

Post by yabush »

MK Hammer 3 wrote:
Liverpool were beatable today, we can win the cup!
That's interesting,
Gerrard rested today
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

scouse1 wrote: thats the spirit! :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah like i was saying to someone outside, they only have a couple medicore players to step in like gerrard, alonso, carragher, reina :D
Romford Iron

Post by Romford Iron »

On a side note, with both teams at full strength, I think the Final will be a cracking game. Tonight was quite end to end I thought in the second half.
scouse1

Post by scouse1 »

Ben wrote: yeah like i was saying to someone outside, they only have a couple medicore players to step in like gerrard, alonso, carragher, reina :D
not forgetting big PC!

"He's big,
He's red,
His feet stick out the bed,
Peter Crouch, Peter Crouch" :lol:
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

scouse1 wrote:Sky Sports "neutral" assessment doesnt seem to think Luis Garcia did anything wrong:

"Mullins raised his arms towards the Spaniard, prompting most of the players on the pitch to gather round the referee and await his judgement. Garcia seemed to do little wrong but, barring an appeal, both look set to miss the FA Cup final."

link

you lot aren't being biased are you? :wink:

seems both players were a bit unlucky!

I REALLY REALLY cannot stand you. I hope you get dick rot.

:wink ****ing winky wink: as you like to do..

Ohhh and bumped into two of your fellow mugs today after game in the chippy. Scousers through and through they were. What's that? Their accent....oh yeah, Yorkshire. One from Leeds and the other from Wakefield. Joke supporting glory hunting no mad, know-nothing bin dipping jobless c****, like the rest of you. :D

Lino's need shooting after they have been castrated preferably.

The spick deserves a proper smack in the gob that Mullins failed to actually give out (that's all I blame him for).

Anyways, my tribute to Lyall....
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e259/ ... ure039.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e259/ ... ure040.jpg

And here's to beating the Mickeys 1-0 in the Final. C'mon you Irons!
Last edited by Stevo on Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
scouse1

Post by scouse1 »

the only way i will get dick rot is if i keep shagging your missus

nite tosser
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

Hah, I hope she stalks you.

Still, I find it's better shaggin your mum than my missus. She just couldn't resist my southern charm. I even got her to yelp out "come on you cockney boy" on climax as well. I'm good. 8-)

Now don't forget it's work day tomorrow fella, early start.................... uh ohhhhhhhh sorry I forgot. :lol:
scouse1

Post by scouse1 »

nice!

anyway, hard luck tonight mate, maybe you will fare better when we put our 1st team out. :lol:

roll on may 13th
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse

Post by Stevo »

scouse1 wrote: when we put our 1st team out.

roll on may 13th

Like ****ing wise!

Ta ta princess.

And as I say, I hope it hurts like hell if we manage to pull off the victory. (I would say when, but I'm not as ****ing arrogant as your lot to say that)

P.s. Scaloni had a blinder tonight. Along with Reo-Coker and Anton....
FloridaHammer

Post by FloridaHammer »

Looked at the NRC "goal" on super slo-mo. Defeinetly a bad decision, in fact it wasn't that close. Terrible 2nd goal for Liverpool. Walker did very poorly. Mullins is really a chump for throwing a punch in a game like this. He has to know he's risking a ban and missing the final.
ghinzani

Post by ghinzani »

Just got back, think that was the best we have played well and lost for a long time. I really hope the young players are learning off Teddie about distribution during training as there were some great moments last night. Did'nt deserve to lose.
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

bluebutterfly wrote:Have a feeling we may lose this one

1-2 :

I hope i am wrong though
Told you.

Sometimes i wish i was wrong

:oops:
Boris73

Post by Boris73 »

Just watched the sending off on Sky. Had been hoping they'd both get their suspensions reduced but bollox to that. Garcia should have his extended. Kick in the legs, elbow in the back and then started grappling then a flick to the chin and the little **** went down screaming.
Boris73

Post by Boris73 »

Read in the paper that Garcia sat on the bench crying his eyes out. Anyone got any footage? Cheating git.
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

scouse1 wrote:Sky Sports "neutral" assessment doesnt seem to think Luis Garcia did anything wrong:
Sky Sports Neutral when it comes to Liverpool? The only clubs they've got their heads further up the arse of are Chelski & Manure. :?