WBA 0 West Ham Utd 1 (01/05/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Stratford Hammer
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Stratford Hammer »

Herts Iron wrote: Villa, WBA and Brum, 3 league doubles, 18 from 18.

:niceone:
:oops: Oh yeah!
FloridaHammer

Post by FloridaHammer »

York Ham(mer) wrote: There's still one more game. :wink:
OK OK. We'll get even after whacking the Spuds. :D
rolokinghydrofoil

Post by rolokinghydrofoil »

FloridaHammer wrote:
OK OK. We'll get even after whacking the Spuds. :D
Er.. Insert joke here *
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

rolokinghydrofoil wrote: Er.. Insert joke here *
We're gonna mash 'em. :wink:
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

Didn't think Fletcher was very good, BUT it's his first start in yonks so he may improve with a bit of sharpness.

Thought Ward was decent, not first team standard, but a solid back-up.

Kyel Reid's delivery was excellent, some lovely balls put into the box, which we failed to attack with any conviction. Didn't seem to have the pace to beat his man, so resorted to whipping it in early.

Hopefully we may finally see Marlon and Bobby start up top together again. They compliment each other well, so I kind of hope Ashton is out next weekend only.
Ironchief

Post by Ironchief »

I think our biggest weakness is on the right, which Liverpool know about and would be fools not to exploit, one suggestion I would make is to play gabbidon there with collins and anton in the middle. I know gabbs been excellent in the middle but I reckon he 's the only one with the nous to stop Liverpool.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Didn't think Fletcher was very good
Thought he did quite well if you ask me. Got in a fair few tackles and broke up the play well.
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

dodger wrote:Negatives:
-We were mostly *****

I'm fairly happy with that negative. A good sign of a successful team, who normally win things.
ghinzani

Post by ghinzani »

York Ham(mer) wrote: withdrawal is said to be just precautionary.

From time to time I've had a few of those when tackling the wife from behind, luckily never a groin injury though... :coat:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Good victory for us tonight. We was lucky in some points during the game no doubt about it but we took our chance well (cracking finish from Reo-Coker) while West Brom just kept missing, missing and missing!

Thought Reo-Coker was our MOTM while young Kyle Reid had a cracking game on his debut and Harewood looked very sharp when he came on.
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Ironchief wrote:I think our biggest weakness is on the right, which Liverpool know about and would be fools not to exploit, one suggestion I would make is to play gabbidon there with collins and anton in the middle. I know gabbs been excellent in the middle but I reckon he 's the only one with the nous to stop Liverpool.
Think maybe having Collins at Right back (he has played there for Wales) with Anton and Gabbs in the middle might be the better option.
Bryant4114
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

Just adding my twopenneth but i thought Kyle Reid had a fantastic game, no fear and won a fair few headers
yabush

Post by yabush »

Worry about Deano's injury

now,Reid played his league debut
hope Hogan played his too
coxy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by coxy »

Was pleased to see Carl Fletcher come in and do a good job, he'll do for Cardiff IMO. Also thought Reid was one of our best players and looks a dam good prospect. Give him 90 minutes against Spurs. The boy was whipping in some lovely balls which the likes of Ashton should thrive on. Reo-Coker was great again and seems to be peeking at the right time. Shame about our injuries, but as others have said the team seems to play well when bobby is in there. I think our Cardiff team is just about decided, of course depending on injuries, but I'd expect it to be this:

Hislop

Ferdinand
Collins
Gabbidon
Konchesky

Benayoun
Fletcher
Reo-Coker
Etherington

Zamora
Harewood
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

Just back from the game, not much more to add than it looked like the defence, in particular, looked all over the place, but as they haven't played together it was not supprising. Some of the misplaced passes I think were due to that. Yes West Brom could have had 4 or 5, but showed why they have gone down. Our support was briiliant, we nearly filled our end and sung all game, non-stop. The players acknowledged this at the end and Marlon came over and handed his shirt to someone in the crowd.

Not our best performance, by far, but a chance for Pardew to asses for next season and for us to celebrate the final. We definately need to improve the "reserve" team if we are to continue our revival.
stockwell pete
Yellow card - flaming

Post by stockwell pete »

I don't know what Fletcher thought he was doing . . . he kept passing the ball forwards to one of his own team mates. You wouldn't catch Mullins doing something like that. :?
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

stockwell pete wrote:I don't know what Fletcher thought he was doing . . . he kept passing the ball forwards to one of his own team mates. You wouldn't catch Mullins doing something like that. :?
sell him! :wink: