WBA 0 West Ham Utd 1 (01/05/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

gazzhammer

WBA 0 West Ham Utd 1 (01/05/06)

Post by gazzhammer »

right whos going me and the kids are but i notice that we sent back loads of tickets :shock:
whats going on last away game of season boys.
also wheres the best place to park first time going by motor.
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Re: west brom

Post by pharaoh »

gazzhammer wrote:right whos going me and the kids are but i notice that we sent back loads of tickets :shock:
whats going on last away game of season boys.
also wheres the best place to park first time going by motor.
I'm going with my son as well. Here are the directions for parking though
http://www.fanzone.co.uk/A5572F/fanzone ... 89528?open
gazzhammer

Post by gazzhammer »

cheers mate :niceone:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

hope this might be of some help.

How To Get There By Car & Where To Park
The ground is located on the A41 (Birmingham-West Bromwich Road). If approaching from outside the area the ground is about half a mile from Junction 1 of the M5. On leaving the M5 take the A41 towards Birmingham, the ground is on your right. Beware though of speed cameras on this stretch of the A41. Street parking or alternatively there are a few private matchday car parks at some local industrial units near the ground, or at Hawthorns station which costs £4.

For a map showing the location of the ground click here (to take you to the Street Map website).

To go to a simplified page, containing the directions and pub info, which you can print out click here
(Dazza)

Post by (Dazza) »

From Upton Park, how long will it take to reach the Hawthorns?

Thinking of going and getting a ticket when we arrive...
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

two and a half hours
paul cole

Post by paul cole »

Approx 1,000 tickets have been returned to West Bromwich Albion in advance of the game for Matchday Sales.

West Ham United supporters can purchase (cash) tickets on the evening of the game from the Away kiosk situated next to the Smethwick End Visitors Turnstiles from approximately 6.30pm and tickets are available at the prices shown below.

What the f*** is the matter with everyone.... last away game of the season!
doctorbob

Post by doctorbob »

paul cole wrote:Approx 1,000 tickets have been returned to West Bromwich Albion in advance of the game for Matchday Sales.

West Ham United supporters can purchase (cash) tickets on the evening of the game from the Away kiosk situated next to the Smethwick End Visitors Turnstiles from approximately 6.30pm and tickets are available at the prices shown below.

What the f*ck is the matter with everyone.... last away game of the season!
And it's on a monday bloody night!!
hammer_249

Post by hammer_249 »

saw this on the o/s the other day

http://www.whufc.com/news/?page_id=7952
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

doctorbob wrote:And it's on a monday bloody night!!
And its on the telly!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

MC's marvellous match preview now up:

http://www.kumb.com/0506_article.php?id=2198
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Centre-half James Collins, full-back Paul Konchesky and striker Dean Ashton have all suffered groin problems while Danny Gabbidon is recovering from a back injury.

All four could be fit to face West Brom, but with the FA Cup final on the horizon Pardew will take no risks.

The Hammers are without Hayden Mullins, whose appeal against the red card he was shown against Liverpool was rejected by the Football Association on Friday.

West Ham (from): Hislop, Ferdinand, Gabbidon, Collins, Konchesky, Benayoun, Reo-Coker, Mullins, Etherington, Ashton, Harewood, Walker, Scaloni, Ward, Newton, Reid, Fletcher, Sheringham, Zamora, Katan, Ephraim.
Joe C
Darth Lemsip

Post by Joe C »

Just got one of those Vodafone text alert things saying that all four are expected to be fit
I am law

Post by I am law »

I'm intrigued, we've got some papers saying that Dailly will replace Mullins, but he's not in the squad for WBA

Also noticed that, even if we win both of our last games, 8th is the highest achievable
eddie_whufc
Location: Anywhere Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud eases her bikini top off

Post by eddie_whufc »

paul cole wrote:Approx 1,000 tickets have been returned to West Bromwich Albion in advance of the game for Matchday Sales.

Cash on the day..... I'm starting to hatch a plan here. Anyone fancy driving me? It'll make up for the fact I'm missing Spurs.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

im

Post by w4hammer »

im well pissed off about this
we've been to all the games in brum this year)including last week0

but
8pm on a monday night, with my sons sats exams next week- have had to say no!

id have loved to be ther

im going 1 nil to us
eddie_whufc
Location: Anywhere Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud eases her bikini top off

Post by eddie_whufc »

at least you can watch it all on telly. gotta be some consolation.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1332 likes
Total likes: 797 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Match thread halfway down the second page a few hours before KO? Anyone would think we had another, bigger game coming up soon.

Just noticed this on the BBC :

West Ham have injury doubts over James Collins, Paul Konchesky, Dean Ashton (all groin) and Danny Gabbidon (back).

Is this old news? I knew Gabbidon had his problem, but I was quite surprised/worried to see that list of names.
noble art

Post by noble art »

I am law wrote:I'm intrigued, we've got some papers saying that Dailly will replace Mullins, but he's not in the squad for WBA

Also noticed that, even if we win both of our last games, 8th is the highest achievable
with 500k per place,the higher we finish,the more money pards will get...
would still be nice to finish in the top 10 above wigan....
jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 859 likes

Post by jastons »

I am law wrote:I'm intrigued, we've got some papers saying that Dailly will replace Mullins, but he's not in the squad for WBA

Thats intresting. Surely the player that will replace Mullins in the final will be playing in our final two league games to make sure they are match fit as neither Fletch or Dailly have played much football this season. Personally i would play Fletcher in the final.

I would be delighted if we finish in the top ten let alone 8th.

As for tonights game, i hope the team isn`t too disjointed due to injuries and players being rested because we dont seme to be able to find our rythm when the team is changed around too much. Relegated teams often start playing with more freedom when its to late, just look at Sunderland at Old Trafford, so i dont think the game will be easy but have confidence that we will win 2 nil with Bobby and Marlon seeing us through.