West Ham Utd 2 Tottenham 1 (07/05/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerbenj

Post by hammerbenj »

jastons wrote:Pictures here
i could so do with them in a bigger size! :evil:
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

ElmerPhud wrote:4 mins extra time
God knows where they got that from. :roll:
polar
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by polar »

Oone of the great upton park games, and one you can always wind up spuds fans about.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

Best performance of the season.
From start to finish we dominated, for only 10 minutes were Spurs on top straight after they scored. So many great performances...and the atmosphere was superb, reminded me exactly of the first game of the season vs Blackburn.
After this, I believe we can win the cup final. COME ON YOU IRONSSS!!!!

Ratings:
Hislop-7 Impressive catching for once! Solid enough...
Scaloni-7 Not bad but a couple of silly fouls, none more so than the one in injury time
Ferdinand-7 Very good. Great to see him back
Gabbidon-8 HOTY and is so obvious why. Was superb
Konchesky-7 Very impressive vs Lennon
Benayoun-7 Fantastic goal, about time though after two sitters missed first half! As always though, dangerous throughout
Reo-Coker-7 Excellent again, quiet most of the first half but was everywhere in the second
Fletcher-9 MOTM. Wonderful goal and ran the midfield. Certainty for the cup final now
Newton-7 Did his job very well. Was crucial in a defensive mode as much as anything
Zamora-7 If only he was a good finisher! Always superb in the build up
Sheringham-6 Good mostly but an awful penalty

SUBS
Harewood-7 Held the ball up well
Reid-6 Not enough time
reo_coker20
One line wonder
Total likes: 1 like

Post by reo_coker20 »

just got back in from game we was brilliant today team and fans well done

fletcher proves he could fill in for mullins in the final

teddy was shocking today
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Yellow Ball???

You're not singing anymore.
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

What a brilliant game today and a fantastic atmosphere, easily the best since the second leg of the Ipswich play off a couple of seasons back. Everyone was up for it and probably helped push the players past any tiredness barrier there might have been.

Fletcher was top drawer today and demonstrated why he should be the holding midfielder for Saturday. Did very well against the central midfield pairing of Spuds and showed that he can easily hold his own in the Premiership. I'd like to see him stay on next season and be given a greater run.

Yossi did well today and the goal will have done his confidence good as he seemed a little anxious in front of goal first half. He's a player I really enjoy watching and pray that he will still be here next year. I still think Pards needs to tinker with the role that Yossi plays in the team because I think his qualities are being slightly underused. Well done though Yossi, good first season mate.

Defensively strong and realistically Spuds didn't get at us anywhere nearly as much as they would have wanted. If anything, we demonstrated how weak they are without Ledley King. I thought we defended as a unit and apart from a couple of runs by Rat Boy, we generally shut out the Mini-Judas and Keane.

Z-Man ran his arse off again today and I just WISH he wasn't on this barren run which is clearly bothering him. Hopefully Pards will keep him on too as I do think he has a passion that will propel him past the dry spell he's in. He's improved since he first came here and you could tell he was gagging for a goal today. Don't agree with the slating of Sheringham although the penalty was dire, Robinson made the save before the ball was struck I'm sure of it. I think we all know Teddy's career is almost over and I would expect another striker to come in during the summer.

Overly a fantastic climax to the home campaign and dream land for all of us, plenty of bragging rights. Well done boys!
The Delephant Man

Post by The Delephant Man »

I am not going to read 19 pages, but would just like to add that I was pleased with fletch's performance today, that will set him in good stead for Saturday.

After the pathetic events earlier today, I am sooooooooooooo happy with todays result and the season as a whole and we still have an FA Cup final to look forward to!!

:raver: :raver: :raver:
reo_coker20
One line wonder
Total likes: 1 like

Post by reo_coker20 »

like him or not defoe showed he is a class striker by turning and finding the net the way he did and england need a dangerous p[layer like him for the world cup
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 509 likes
Total likes: 1304 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

A late winner from Yossi Benayoun destroyed Tottenham Hotspur's dreams of Champions League football next season and ensured a fantastic ninth-place finish for Hammers at the end of our first campaign back in the Premiership.
Gotta love it....courtesy of WHUFC.com...
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Gotta love it....courtesy of WHUFC.com...
Just feeling so proud right now 8-) Way to get in there West Ham!!
Bring on Liverpool We're goin all the way!! :lol:
Well done boys!!!!!!! :wink:
No_Bursting_My_Bubbles

Post by No_Bursting_My_Bubbles »

No_Bursting_My_Bubbles wrote:Great Odds on Betfair !!!!

West Ham to Win 2-1

Is at 17 at mo!!!

Be Quick.

Come On You Irons !!!!!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: £300 quid from a Twenty :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Done Lads !!!!
I am law

Post by I am law »

Altogether now...

"2v1 in their cup final!"
one fine morning....

Post by one fine morning.... »

the fact that we will have collins, gabbidon and fletch in front of them bodes well for cardiff...they must have played as a defensive trio together there on several occasions

love the way fletcher is fully committed...expect him to land one on gerrard early on saturday. i think their england guys might be slightly wary about going in as hard.

(by the way, why were there some people with what looked like blow-up premiership trophies today? surely they didn't think they were meant to be the fa cup?)
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Just got home...

COME ON! YESSSSSSSSSS! What an atmosphere from us and what a game.

Champions League your having laugh! :lol:
abel

Post by abel »

Brilliant game, great performance.

Atmosphere was very good aswel. We really started well Yossi should have scored twice, we were finding so much space in their half. Should have been 2/3 at half time.

Two brillinat goals and some really top performances today.

Zamora looked full of energy, found space and work very hard. However he does need to get his shot away much quicker. I am not sure why he looks so short of confidence in front of goal. His all round game has improved 10 fold in the last few months.
noble art

Post by noble art »

will yossi play on the left next week,if matty isnt fit?
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

hmm

Post by w4hammer »

just been sent to bed by the mrs;-)

4 points out of six versus those ***ts!~ this season..

best atmos this season by mile

best performance since villa

everyone seemed up for it like i dreamed they would be-and all as fit as f*** for next week
'
bring on the scousers!!

IRONS!
Ryan_WHU

Post by Ryan_WHU »

it was the first time i have been in mnm's and what a great atmosphere! will be drinking in htere more often before and after the game! :lol: