West Ham Utd 2 Tottenham 1 (07/05/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Dillydally

Post by Dillydally »

Oh well thats you're cup final over then...

Good luck to the Pool. :wink:
coxy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by coxy »

BBC 1 everyone, MOTD is on. Fletcher's goal gets better and better, so much swerve on the ball 8-)
Claret & Bordeaux

Post by Claret & Bordeaux »

Chrissieboy wrote:Cracking game for Fletch, NRC and Gabbidon. Thought Anton was shaky, Sheri terrible and Zamora good but unable to score. Hope he is in a brothel right now and still trying. Sheri's passing was poor today. Too short or too long and too many fancy flicks in silly areas. Konch and Benayoun played well and was glad that Benayoun got one after missing easier chances. Yossi set up a lot and played really well coming in off the left wing and around the box. We should have won by a few more! Lovely!

I was so worried we wouldn't show up today with our injuries and worries before the final but we were brilliant thanks to Fletch and NRC. Haven't heard anything from Spurs mates unsurprisingly but will expect all the excuses tomorrow by mail. Only one Spurs fan at work. 3 West Ham and 2 Arsenal. Should be a fun day tomorrow! Have had nice e-mails and calls from several Arsenal fans for a change!
You were quite obviously watching a different game - a top quality peformance by a team of wonderful individuals.... what a shame you cannot appreciate good honest football.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

just watching MOTD, how far did Robinson want to be off his line for the penalty?
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

I don't think the penalty was that bad. He just moved so much before he hit it.

I think that's more or less the team he's going to play for the final. Obvioulsy harewood will replace Teddy but if ashton and Ethrington are unfit then I think nothing else will change.

By the way, i hear carrick got a good reception. is that true?
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

jacko wrote:I
By the way, i hear carrick got a good reception. is that true?
yes

defoe got toilet paper
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

sanchoz wrote: yes

defoe got toilet paper
what a waste of good loo roll, and he only lives down the road to me, maybe i'll pop in a see how he is
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

Point proven about Yossi's natural position being coming in from the left. His workrate, running and positioning were ten times better than when he starts on the right.

Thought NRC wasn't great today, though good back heel for the goal!

Massive commiserations to Spurs. Really feel for their fans. Here are my player assessments for the lillywhites:

Robinson vomit
Kelly vomit
Dawson vomit
Gardner vomit
Lee vomit
Lennon vomit
Carrick vomit
Davids vomit
Tainio vomit
Keane vomit
Defoe vomit
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

Fletcher was immense - end of.
MotM

P.s. Spurs? hahahhahhahaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol: :D
Combs
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Combs »

F*cking great result.

I keep thinking of an old saying:'Revenge is a dish best served cold'

Not forgetting the Spuds pre match day meal too.
Juliansleftfoot

Post by Juliansleftfoot »

Maybe this has been mentioned before but then again...........

If the Spuds' dickie tummies were so bad then why did Danny Murphy spend the whole game on the bench when he hadn't touched the lasagne and subsequently didn't have the squirts?
DamnYankee

Post by DamnYankee »

hammerbenj wrote:dawson looks a bit sick!!!!

That is an amazing photo :lol:
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

The Telegraph says that the sicklist was: Davids, Tainio, Keane, Dawson, Carrick, Lennon, Cerny - the reserve goalkeeper, Davenport, Barnard and Lee.
I am law

Post by I am law »

EvilC wrote:The Telegraph says that the sicklist was: Davids, Tainio, Keane, Dawson, Carrick, Lennon, Cerny - the reserve goalkeeper, Davenport, Barnard and Lee.
2 points from my paper -

1. The afflicted players ate in a fish restaurant the night before the game, and
2. Danny Murphy, who didn't report any feelings of illness at all, stayed on the bench all match.

So Jol thinks Andy Reid is a more likely sub than Murphy. :shock:
FloridaHammer

Post by FloridaHammer »

Up the Junction wrote: Yes, but as a striker you do it as you begin your run up. This was a good two seconds prior to that.

Watch it and judge for yourself. Like I say, I only had the benefit of a moody web feed.
I took a look at the highlights last night and I couldn’t really see anything. It looked like Teddy decided to blast one and Robinson guessed right. I would think Teddy is way too much of a professional to intentionally miss a PK to benefit a former club.
Boogers Caravan Blues

Post by Boogers Caravan Blues »

Sauce! wrote:Spurs link for 606 message board - check the title before you read it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mb606/F2241577?thread=2916987

British Players? - Canadian Right Back, South Korean left back, Dutch midfielder, Republic of Ireland Forward?