Gillingham v West Ham Utd: match thread

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

tjiron2711

Gillingham v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by tjiron2711 »

i know we've got 1000 tickets, but does anyone know if you can pay on the day at the ground and do you think we'll have more there?
RUNWELL RAY

Post by RUNWELL RAY »

I dont know if you can pay on the day. I brought mine over the phone yesterday (24/7) and arrived today in the post.

Ticket office had plenty left.

Anybody going on Saturday???n
MartinPeters

Post by MartinPeters »

RUNWELL RAY wrote:Anybody going on Saturday???n
Me and Peters Junior will be there.
e1hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by e1hammer »

Went to the ticket office this morning a got seven tickets, plenty on the day as well.
Phobos

Saturday

Post by Phobos »

Ordered mine from the Ticket Office this morning. :)
steve857

Post by steve857 »

So you can definitly pay on the day then? cos i gotta work up until saturday, don't get paid till friday and i want to make this one and don't fancy getting all the way there to find out its all ticket, like someone today told me it was.
e1hammer

Post by e1hammer »

I called up Gillingham, tickets on sale on the day at the rainham end, loads she reckons but we have all heard that before.
comebackjoecole

Post by comebackjoecole »

e1hammer wrote:I called up Gillingham, tickets on sale on the day at the rainham end, loads she reckons but we have all heard that before.
the Rainham end is where the hard-core home fans go
brook83

Post by brook83 »

comebackjoecole wrote: the Rainham end is where the hard-core home fans go

Is there a particular stand most of you lot will be in does anyone know?
MartinPeters

Post by MartinPeters »

brook83 wrote:Is there a particular stand most of you lot will be in does anyone know?
Brian Moore stand is for away supporters.

When I 'phoned Gillingham last week they said they had no tickets for away supporters and that I should contact West Ham, which I did. They said that they would only be selling tickets to away supporters if West Ham returned any.
tjiron2711

Post by tjiron2711 »

does anyone know if i can contact the ticket office as i don't seem to have an e-mail address for them , also i'm going on saturday with 6 mates and there ain't nothing on website about paying on the day. The pub for away supporters is the livingstone arms on livingstone circus which will be rammed with west ham i think as it's not that big, so anyone fancying pre-match beer, we'll be in there.
MartinPeters

Post by MartinPeters »

tjiron2711 wrote:does anyone know if i can contact the ticket office as i don't seem to have an e-mail address for them , also i'm going on saturday with 6 mates and there ain't nothing on website about paying on the day. The pub for away supporters is the livingstone arms on livingstone circus which will be rammed with west ham i think as it's not that big, so anyone fancying pre-match beer, we'll be in there.
Ticket office don't reply to emails anyway. If you can't go down there your best bet is to get on the phone to them at 9:00 tomorrow and just hang on till you get to the front of the queue.
PK
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by PK »

MartinPeters wrote: Ticket office don't reply to emails anyway. If you can't go down there your best bet is to get on the phone to them at 9:00 tomorrow and just hang on till you get to the front of the queue.
I wouldnt advise phoning the ticket office tomorrow. The first 3 home games go on sale to members and the lines will be totally jammed.
bobby0303
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by bobby0303 »

comebackjoecole wrote: the Rainham end is where the hard-core home fans go
Hardcore Gillingham fans?

So, is that like some sort of brass band or some fat bird with a whistle? :wink:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like

Post by w4hammer »

bobby0303 wrote: Hardcore Gillingham fans?

So, is that like some sort of brass band or some fat bird with a whistle? :wink:

laughing my fookin ass off

hard core..what..they show their lardy fat kent asses off....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gilligham hardcore,,,,,,rite up there with leyton orient mental lol!!!
comebackjoecole

Post by comebackjoecole »

bobby0303 wrote: Hardcore Gillingham fans?

hard-core is a comparative term, yes there are some nutters there, and believe me you wouldn't want to be the only Hammer in the middle of a thousand, chavvy scum from Twydall or Walderslade.
WHUFC-Nick

Post by WHUFC-Nick »

comebackjoecole wrote: you wouldn't want to be the only Hammer in the middle of a thousand, chavvy scum from Twydall or Walderslade.
Not forgetting Chatham and Strood. All four are shitholes.
kenthammer
Has liked: 251 likes
Total likes: 403 likes

Post by kenthammer »

e1hammer wrote:I called up Gillingham, tickets on sale on the day at the rainham end, loads she reckons but we have all heard that before.
apparently Medway Stand almost full but tickets available for the other 3 stands on the day providing Scally has paid the leccy bill as promised :lol:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 209192.stm
issi

Post by issi »

WHUFC-Nick wrote: Not forgetting Chatham and Strood. All four are shitholes.
Dont most from there get on the bus laid on by Charlton ?
MartinPeters

Post by MartinPeters »

So is this going to become the official match thread ?

If so I'd just like to say I want to see Pards put on his boots and a West Ham shirt and turn out against his old mate Hessenthaler's side. :D

Failing that I'm looking forward to seeing the new signings so I hope they all get a run out.