Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by Wilko1304 »

You'd have to ask the people that watch them. In a reasonably dead team he is still carrying a threat playing up front in a system that even a West Ham striker would call isolating.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

I don't get the Defoe clamour, his 34, 3 goals in his last 15, goes long spells without scoring, high wages
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

fmgod wrote:I don't get the Defoe clamour, his 34, 3 goals in his last 15, goes long spells without scoring, high wages
I imagine the main reason is it's a free transfer

The "plan" is probably to sell Valencia and Sakho for about 20m which is then used on the "star" striker and bring in Defoe for free

Two in, two out... nothing spent :thup:
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Think Andre Gray is definitely an upgrade on all our strikers

8 goals in 2123 minutes so 8 goals in about 24 games - 1 in 3

much rather Joshua King though... 14 goals in 28 - 1 in 2

He plays in a two striker formation which would suit us when we play 3 at the back

Also has a better goal ratio than Defoe... 14 in 32

Iheanacho would also be a semi realistic target.. only played 500 mins in the prem and 860 in total scoring 7 times. so thats 7 in 9 games

Perez also another semi realistic target... only playing 265 minutes in the prem and 1038 in total scoring 8 times (with 6 assists) 8 in 11.5 games

Llorente target man... 12 goals in 23 potential Andy Carroll replacement and would be super cheap as he's 32
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

I imagine the main reason is it's a free transfer

The "plan" is probably to sell Valencia and Sakho for about 20m which is then used on the "star" striker and bring in Defoe for free

Two in, two out... nothing spent :thup:[/quote]

We'd probably be looking at 10 million for the pair of them. 7 for Valencia 3 for Sakho
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

What was Zaza's minute to goal ratio before he joined us?

We can't afford a flash in the pan at 10m+ we don't have the money

Defoe for free is better than Calleri

Keep the money we do have or generate for a proven goalscorer... done it more than one season and in a top league or multiple leagues
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Ifebbubbles wrote:
We'd probably be looking at 10 million for the pair of them. 7 for Valencia 3 for Sakho
Nah i think it would be around 15m

Valencia is gonna cost Everton 12m apparently

15m would get you Andre Gray/Joshua King so i think MD_HM is right :lol:

cheap ass owners
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

MD_HM wrote:What was Zaza's minute to goal ratio before he joined us?

We can't afford a flash in the pan at 10m+ we don't have the money

Defoe for free is better than Calleri

Keep the money we do have or generate for a proven goalscorer... done it more than one season and in a top league or multiple leagues
8 in 958 so 8 in 10.6... actually a really good ratio but when the minutes played is so small you can't really judge a player

edit: he's also already scored 4 goals for Valencia in 1000 minutes
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Josh King is utter ****, a bit of a hot streak means nothing, he will be back to normal in 4 months,
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I should imagine they have written Carroll off now too.I always wanted him to do well for us, but you have to eventually take a view and accept he is costing us more than we are making out of him and decide if it is now times to move on and in his case, reluctantly, I think it is. We should profit on him, but don't ask me who we replace him with, it's a question of who we can get and how adventurous Golivan want to be and how they go about getting a new striker in and who is prepared to come in
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

Ifebbubbles wrote:
Hadn't we agreed a 16m deal with West Brom before the latest issue... we could only loan Valencia

Sakho can score goals... which makes him more valuable

Reckon we will get at least 10-12m for him... promoted sides will be desperate for proven goal scorers

That Hogan went for about that...

Valencia 5-8m my guess

Both will be undisclosed anyway :D
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

No one will be keen to pay much for Sakho he's of the same mould as AC with a poor attitude to go with it. A lot has happened behind the scenes and very little on the pitch since that failed 16 million deal to Westbrom.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

Didn't stop stop Stoke paying 12m for Berahino
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Agree entirely with you MD.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

MD_HM wrote:Didn't stop stop Stoke paying 12m for Berahino
Clubs always pay a premium for English players
My_Sobriquet
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Re: West Ham 2017/18

Post by My_Sobriquet »

If you don't care how players play for other clubs how do you ever propose a transfer target?

How many times has nordveit started a game for us at CDM?

Why can't you imagine dropping noble is the answer when he has played so poorly all season? I want English players in our team as much as anyone on here, especially local ones. But not when the consistently let their man go, pass to the oppo and slow the game down to a snails pace.

Realistically football is a form of entertainment, our team is less entertaining with noble in it. It is more entertaining when we win, I would love for noble and cresswell to regain some form and play their way into the side, but right now masuaku and nordveit are playing better than them
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

My_Sobriquet wrote:If you don't care how players play for other clubs how do you ever propose a transfer target?

How many times has nordveit started a game for us at CDM?

Why can't you imagine dropping noble is the answer when he has played so poorly all season? I want English players in our team as much as anyone on here, especially local ones. But not when the consistently let their man go, pass to the oppo and slow the game down to a snails pace.
Once a player joins us what he's done elsewhere becomes fairly irrelevant, it's what they do in our shirt that's all that matters, that was my point.

Not that often, but only once has he convinced when played there, he's been nothing more than average whenever he's played there until Saturday. Taking nothing away from Nordtveit, I'm sure he could turn out to be half decent, he's not better than Noble though.

Noble hasn't played poorly all season, sorry mate but this utter b*ll*cks and deep down you know it, he's not hit last season's levels but nobody has, he's had far more average and good games than bad ones though. Fwiw right now I couldn't give a fuss about the nationality of any of the players playing for us, the result and performance is all that matters, the fact that Noble is English and a West Ham boy through and through doesn't influence my opinion of him at all, he's just a decent player that improves the first eleven.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Nordtveit over Noble in the middle? Not in a month of Sunday's. 400 appearances yet still it only takes 1 or 2 good games by a Johhny-come-lately to be convinced they're gonna be a better answer going in to a new season. Noble sees them off everytime for a reason.

Jumby has it spot on.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1633 likes

Post by chalks »

We need a starting 11 next season with improvements in 4 key positions.

Nobles position is one of them.

Dont think Nord is the answer though unfortunately
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Reality check - despite the words of our trilogy we are not competing with the top six - City, Utd, Arsenal, Dippers, Chelski, Spuds are in a different world both in terms of players and club structure ...

So all we can do is pick up the scraps after they've filled their boots - we have two options

Go for rejects, older experienced players Wilshere, Defoe, etc who will do a job and keep us mid-table, but who will need to be replaced every year or two with similar quality ....

Go for prospects, younger unproven players the next Dele, Sane, Rashford can be picked up cheap and most will fail, but find a good one and that's five years and a big transfer fee ....

It's all about risk and reward ... City, Utd, Chelski can buy success ... Spurs, dippers have done well with young talent ... Arsenal are just a feck up lol ....

I'm guessing we will play safe and settle for some tried-and-trusted and mid-table .... after all relegation would cost the trilogy a bundle and they won't risk that