Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by wildkard »

Can't even compete financially with Bournemouth. A disgrace.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Andy Carroll wrote:I saw someone post this on reddit and sadly it rings true..we are basically second in line to whatever Everton wants.

They are that step above us and the type of players we'll be reaching for (the ambitious signings) will be wanted by them. Sigurdsson being a prime example.

The way we can compete are London and competitive wages.
The only way they are a step above us is financially. They have bare cheddar. Will probably sell Lukaku as well.
sizza

Post by sizza »

Sky Sports News HQ understands Defoe has agreed a three-year deal, worth £65,000-a-week,
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

But what was the signing on fee Sizza? £6m was being banded about which is about another £40k a week over three years which gets you to the magic £100k
sizza

Post by sizza »

MB wrote:But what was the signing on fee Sizza? £6m was being banded about which is about another £40k a week over three years which gets you to the magic £100k

Ahh, good point!
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

Real Madrid just signed a 16 year old for a fee reported to be £38m (or double our record signing if you prefer!)

£38m! 16!
chuffster
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by chuffster »

wildkard wrote:Can't even compete financially with Bournemouth. A disgrace.

Why would we want to piss away £130, 000 (EDIT-PER WEEK, oops)on him???
Last edited by chuffster on Tue May 23, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

bubbles1966 wrote:
Afobe is a West Ham supporter, I believe.

Big, powerful player. Good enough to replace Sakho as a squad option, though obviously not #1 striker.
Not as anything, if we sign Afobe that would be a sign that we really are content with being ****. 31 league appearances, 6 goals.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Defoe on a three year deal on 65k a week, god no, be Parker all over again after he left, one season left in him and even then I think his on the wane, second half the season wasn't the same player.

Afobe, sod that

Let's get some real quality in over quantity like we did two years ago, we need first team players not squad players we already have tons of them
Last edited by fmgod on Tue May 23, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Jumby wrote: Not as anything, if we sign Afobe that would be a sign that we really are content with being ****. 31 league appearances, 6 goals.
31 appearances accounting to 1451 minutes... which is 16 games in total

another striker that is better than all ours

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/benik-a ... ler/110858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Benik Afobe is better than Martinez and Fletcher, at present. That doesn't mean we should even think about blowing anything on him, he's not good enough for Bournemouth.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

If Big Sam has left Palace, a bid for Benteke anyone?
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Ozza wrote:
Deal agreed for Sigurdsson, personal terms to be agreed, in January they signed Schneiderlin, deal done quickly and well, as well as Lookman from Charlton.

As I said no mucking around, they identify the players they want and get it done, I'd be worried if they are in for any players we are.
Remains to be seen whether they'll sign Sigurdsson - Swansea denying everything - could be they're waiting for a bidding war , could be Sigurdsson is waiting for a bigger Club but probably waiting on Barkley's decision - but yeah I agree they're more direct in their transfer dealings than us - Kenwright has been at Everton forever and the new guy Moshiri looks as if he's willing to spend money - they don't undermine Koeman either . They're not afraid to invest big , bigger than us anyway - they spent £22m on a defender in Schneiderlin .
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2364 likes

Post by Ozza »

wildkard wrote:
The only way they are a step above us is financially. They have bare cheddar. Will probably sell Lukaku as well.
I don't actually understand what "bare cheddar" means, but what they do have that is different to us is.....

A owner who is happy to buy the players the manager wants (and yes I mean buy not loan)

A owner who seems happy to spend on the players needed to take the club forward (Morgan fella from Man utd in Jan)

A plan of developing and introducing young players into the squad

A plan to build a purpose built stadium for their club

A plan to break into the top 6 in 5 years.

And finally when they identify a player they go and get him, no pissing around, I'm worried about any players that they and us both target.

Yes they'll lose Lukaku, and probably Barkley but they will replace one with Sigurdsson, and the other with probably Ihenancho (would be my guess)
Markeetee
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Markeetee »

Those going on about missing out on Defoe - he's 34 and the last two seasons aside, he's never been particularly prolific - barely gets double figures most seasons over his career:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jermain ... ieler/3875
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Markeetee wrote:Those going on about missing out on Defoe - he's 34 and the last two seasons aside, he's never been particularly prolific - barely gets double figures most seasons over his career:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jermain ... ieler/3875
Used mostly off the bench for his time at Tottenham in his defence
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

However they also spent silly money on bolasie and ended up with Valencia
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: They're not afraid to invest big , bigger than us anyway - they spent £22m on a defender in Schneiderlin .
Probably a lot easier to go and spend £22m on a defender when you've just sold one for £48m.

They spent £73m on players and sold £50m worth in 16/17. We'll know this summer if the new Billionaire owner means business.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2364 likes

Post by Ozza »

vaz te's bonnet wrote:However they also spent silly money on bolasie and ended up with Valencia
lol so what, have you seen the crap we brought in last season, I'd be delighted if we had brought in Schneiderlin that's a real signing, with a future and intent, as was Lookman, and do you know what, after seeing the crap we signed, I wish we would have kept the money and kept Enner for the season, so who are the idiots, certainly not the toffee men
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Only 5 teams conceded ore goals than us, so I'm surprised one or two don't see any merit in upgrading our CBs.