Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 859 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by jastons »

I would hate to see Carroll leave. The fact that we have no striker equal or better (and haven't had in all his time at the club) than Andy is more of a problem than his injury record.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 101 likes
Total likes: 575 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

I'm worried that the fee for Iheanacho will get agreed but he'll turn round and say no.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Ifebbubbles wrote:Am I the only one who wants us to swerve batshuyai? Blown us out once before and clearly doesn't fancy a permanent move.
He blew us out to win a Premier League medal, so not really.

As for your post Tommy, I think if City do want a buy back clause, then that is more likely to make Iheanacho move also.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

He won a premiership medal having played about 2 full games worth of football. He does not want to join us permanently. He more or less told a westham fan to do 1 on Twitter a week ago.
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

Ifebbubbles wrote:Am I the only one who wants us to swerve batshuyai? Blown us out once before and clearly doesn't fancy a permanent move.
Nope, I don´t want that Chelsea loving **** anywhere near the club!
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Ifebbubbles wrote:He won a premiership medal having played about 2 full games worth of football. He does not want to join us permanently. He more or less told a westham fan to do 1 on Twitter a week ago.
Do you think he was told how many games he would play before he signed for Chelsea? At the end of the day, this is a team who have won multiple trophies in recent seasons, and I can understand why a player who banged in 17 goals for Marseille and went to the Euro's with Belgium, would rather sign for Chelsea. First season there, and he's won something.

As for not wanting to sign for us permanently, haven't seen anywhere that's been said, but after finishing the season well and with Costa's future undecided, you can understand why he'd want another crack at breaking into their team.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

bubbles500 wrote:Payet and lanzini were not " name" signings hence their transfer fess .they were virtual unknowns to most .they were not players the top 7 would have been chasing .they were not signings that made other supporters go wow I can't believe West Ham got him .Carroll I'd say was last player we signed of that ilk .iheanacho could go to any top 7 team imo and you wouldn't be surprised he'd be by far our biggest signing on many levels .
Makes me laugh when people say Payet was a virtual unknown.
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

Gabriel Barbosa will be leaving inter after barely playing since signing a year ago. Available for less than the 25m they paid. Now that would be the ultimate South American Sulli special.
Samassi Abou
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Samassi Abou »

Aztec Hammer wrote:
I'd bet a lot of money that 90% of British football fans had never heard of him before the first day of last season..
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

TommyHammer wrote:I'm worried that the fee for Iheanacho will get agreed but he'll turn round and say no.
We want a IheanachYo rather than a IheanachNo.

Goodnight
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

Aztec Hammer wrote:
Samassi Abou wrote: I'd bet a lot of money that 90% of British football fans had never heard of him before the first day of last season..
Very true, and many in here echo'd that when we did sign him.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

To even your quite well informed English football fan Payet was unknown .Id certainly never heard of him
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

jastons wrote:I would hate to see Carroll leave. The fact that we have no striker equal or better (and haven't had in all his time at the club) than Andy is more of a problem than his injury record.
He just can't be a starter every week. His body can't take it. That much is apparent by now.

I think he's best suited to a super-sub role. Problem is, for that to be an option we need someone better to start and we haven't had that in his entire time here.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Ifebbubbles wrote:
Similar to his situation with Zaza and Tore then?
I really wish I knew that answer mate....

Tore certainly seems to have been on Slavs wanted list ...

Zaza seems to be a different story and more based on the fact he was well down the preferred list... originally back before the first January window Slav had he wanted Lanzcette (excuse spelling) then the same in last summer window but then it was no sale... after that was Bats and Bacca but we pissed about waiting for Bats etc and lost Bacca... so where on list Zaza was .., who knows.., and if he was Slavs choice ?

It was interesting to read an interview with one of our scouts Thome I think it was who said he was the scout that brought Lanzini to us....

So reading that and knowing Slav already wanted him... that might suggest that even though Slav wanted him we still had to go through the scouting process to get him and get all clear to sign him..., then if you take Henry's interview talking about how we go about deciding on players it would also suggest that no matter who the player is or who at our club wants him ... that choice still has to go through a lot of reports, research and discussion before we even make an offer for that player....

All that is except Sullivan who again in an interview said he can and has made unilateral decisions about players....

So once we have a player identified and passed through the audit/scouting process and then agreed by at least Sully, Henry, Slav and probably a few others that we go after him we then have the issue of whether Sully can get a good deal for him ( in Sully's eyes that is!)

I don't think it's that straight forward that if the manager wants him he gets him... again Sully said in his interview that the manager gets what he is given and ultimately it's Sully that decides (his own words)

For me where I think a lot of our deals for our preferred choices go wrong is when Sully tries to squeeze a deal and the effect that has on the player and his agent/adviser (best mate ;) ) add to that the scattergun approach and any player being asked to join our club would likely feel that we only want him if we can get him cheap enough....

Unfortunately most if not all quality players that we are striving for have an ego that needs massaging and is reinforced to feel like that by his agent etc

Even if they won't admit it most players want to feel loved or have their egos massaged , a bit like the example of Toure and his birthday and cake etc

Most squad players don't need or expect that (though they may well want it) but almost all of the quality and sought after players are developed that way as they come through the youth systems and because of their management and advice team.,. It's easy to say we shouldn't panderto them but I think Sully is the extreme end of the spectrum and treats them simply as a commodity he wants to squeeze the best deal from.... and in doing so makes us look like we don't care if he signs or not because we can buy someone else...

Between the two Daves they know the price of everything and the value of nothing...
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

Seeing reports today linking us to Sporting CP's Ruben Semedo. 23-year-old CB that played 24 times in the portuguese league and another 6 times in the champions league for Sporting this year.
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

bubbles500 wrote:To even your quite well informed English football fan Payet was unknown .Id certainly never heard of him
If somebody hadn't heard of Payet before we signed him, then they are by definition, NOT quite well informed.

Indeed, it could be said that they know very little of European football.

QED
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Ifebbubbles wrote:He won a premiership medal having played about 2 full games worth of football. He does not want to join us permanently. He more or less told a westham fan to do 1 on Twitter a week ago.
Type in "West Ham" on the Twitter search and tell me you don't wanna punch the majority of the people. Then imagine they are hassling you...
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

[quote="Wilko1304"][quote="Ifebbubbles"]He won a premiership medal having played about 2 full games worth of football. He does not want to join us permanently. He more or less told a westham fan to do 1 on Twitter a week ago.

Type in "West Ham" on the Twitter search and tell me you don't wanna punch the majority of the people. Then imagine they are hassling you...

Good point well made
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Made me laugh when people said Wellington Paulista was a virtual unknown.

Unless you know very little of Campeonato Brasileiro Série A of course.

I can be pretentious too! :wink:
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

http://soccer-rumours.com/?story=12&buy ... 3&player=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haven't a clue who ' Soccer Rumours ' are but they're running with a story of West Ham putting in an offer for Dusan Tadic of Southampton - now he is a player that would improve us .