Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by upton o'good »

Burnley Hammer wrote:It'll make a big difference interacting with Lanzini. It's a waste of time trying to work something with Ayew.
Really? Lanzini seems to manage it.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by upton o'good »

-DL- wrote:Ok, I'm going against the grain a little here. It was really bloody stupid, but all he did is lead with his elbow, and on the replays, watch the Southampton player lean the side of his bonce in to his arm. He went down like a sack of spuds as soon as the first contact was made.

Yes, our boy was stupid, but the Southampton player made a right meal of it, and in full speed it looks really nasty. In slow-mo, it's bugger all - let alone all this over reaction using words like attack, assault etc.

red card, yeah, probably, but it's nowhere near as bad as it's been made out, and I ain't going to string him up for it.

About time we had a bit of a nut-case on our team rather than meek little wimps...
Lead with elbow? Looked more like he threw the elbow to me. And he ran up to the guy to do it when there was no high ball to jump at. Lemina in my view did lead with the elbow when leaping - in the classic Gary neville manner and shd have got a yellow. Annie could only get a red as it was a deliberate assault with no attempt at a challenge.

If we are going to try and go in hard we need to learn how to f*king do it. Not do what arnie and nobes did. Has to be less obvious. Otherwise we are going to be 10 v 11 regularly. Bet the likes of pulis teach their players how to do someone on the sly.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Personally, I don't think Stephens had any idea it was coming until his neck was basically bent after the elbow hit him, not once does he see Arnautovic coming for him.

I think the fact that his neck actually moved fairly violently was a result of the elbow hitting his neck, could have been much worse.
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

-DL- wrote:Ok, I'm going against the grain a little here. It was really bloody stupid, but all he did is lead with his elbow, and on the replays, watch the Southampton player lean the side of his bonce in to his arm. He went down like a sack of spuds as soon as the first contact was made.

Yes, our boy was stupid, but the Southampton player made a right meal of it, and in full speed it looks really nasty. In slow-mo, it's bugger all - let alone all this over reaction using words like attack, assault etc.

red card, yeah, probably, but it's nowhere near as bad as it's been made out, and I ain't going to string him up for it.

About time we had a bit of a nut-case on our team rather than meek little wimps...

That's the modern game though, its been like that for at least ten years now, much to all our annoyances, and as a 28 year old experience premier league player he should have known better. He was a prize twonk
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Rio wrote:He's not the first West Ham player to do something stupid in the heat of the moment, some of the predecessors are the most lauded players ever. He won't be the last.

But I quite agree, 6 yards hard labour in Siberia seems a fair punishment
Is that the distance of his best dead ball delivery for us?
ballantine
Has liked: 1310 likes
Total likes: 234 likes

Post by ballantine »

Ariksan wrote:As far as I am concerned, apologies like these - probably penned by the joint PR office of the football millionaires are just empty words.
I really hope that statement wasn't penned by our PR department :lol:
Pob!
Has liked: 1064 likes
Total likes: 696 likes

Post by Pob! »

I aint gonna string him up.
It was stupid and he's apologized..
He's one of us now so onwards and upwards.
SullySpecial
Has liked: 263 likes
Total likes: 647 likes

Post by SullySpecial »

I forgive him. He'll realise he's been an imbecile and come back stronger.
mboogers
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by mboogers »

I actually think he did well at Old Trafford last week, was responsible for some of the few moments we looked remotely dangerous and looks like he has potential to make things happen as part of our attack (whether as a starter or coming off the bench).

Yesterday was a regrettable incident but as some people have said, I don't think we should be writing him off just yet and while his actions were appalling, he remains one of our players and it won't help anyone to get on his back so we may as well get behind him.

With my user name you could probably tell that I would think this way...
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Arnautovic gets another chance but can't say I've been that impressed so far...

40m on him and Ayew looks madness

A half fit Antonio showed the pair of them up as a proper wide player... shame we can't find another like him
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 891 likes

Re: Welcome to WHU, Marco Arnautovic

Post by Samba »

SiamHammer wrote:Could be a new cult hero
Close
Bonzos4Lagers
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Bonzos4Lagers »

Oh dear. So, as something of a purist and without claret and blue glasses I though Arnie was hit unfairly and the perpetrator deserved a yellow.

What I didn't like was that Arnie's victim wasn't the perp and he came at him from behind. Have to say, that's cowardly.

Do I forgive him and move on? No - because I love the game itself. There's no place for cowardly revenge on an innocent man. He's dug himself a very expensive hole. I expect him to dig himself out of it by being a consistent high performer and a team player. Then he'll have a shot at redemption.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

arnie desereved to be sent off. no place in the game for that hammer or not. noble should have gone as well.
he needs to come back and deliver like iron mic does every game.
not impressed so far but hes only just started with us.
Ariksan
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ariksan »

ballantine wrote: I really hope that statement wasn't penned by our PR department :lol:
Considering our PR department is run by two minors on twitter and their dad.... oh wait. Considering our PR department is run by three minors on twitter, it would not surprise me.
Aceface
Has liked: 375 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

-DL- wrote:let alone all this over reaction using words like attack, assault etc.
However you feel about the term, elbowing an unsighted person in the neck is literally the definition of an assault
Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

DDHammer wrote:Personally, I don't think Stephens had any idea it was coming until his neck was basically bent after the elbow hit him, not once does he see Arnautovic coming for him.

I think the fact that his neck actually moved fairly violently was a result of the elbow hitting his neck, could have been much worse.
Indeed, it could have been MUCH worse. As it was Jack Stephens did not appear to suffer but it could have been a severe whiplash injury or, at worst, a broken neck. Arnautovic needs to stop behaving like a thug on the field and start justifying the wages the Club pays him.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Serve your ban, and then sort yourself out Arnie. We've paid a lot of money for you and you need to step up. D-
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

don't hang him...he cocked up, but will come back stronger

he will go on to be a big crowd favourite here, and will win some games single handed..

dont believe the stoke nonsense about 1 good game, then 3 bad from him either...they were not happy to see this bloke leave at all...that says everything...
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Ben »

was it him that was signed for non footballing reasons allegedly (according to THORS)?
I certainly don't see a £24m player in there (based on when he was at Stoke)
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

-DL- wrote:and on the replays, watch the Southampton player lean the side of his bonce in to his arm.
that's because he gets hit on the neck, the resulting head movement was natural and after he got hit.

Upton Carp wrote:Indeed, it could have been MUCH worse. As it was Jack Stephens did not appear to suffer but it could have been a severe whiplash injury or, at worst, a broken neck.
this is over the top though, it wasn't that hard of a hit.

he's been an idiot and let us down, now he has to show he's sorry with his actions and earn his place back.

i doubt it's the last time he'll do something stupid in his career, but we knew it came with that baggage.
Last edited by warp on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.