Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

StackerJJ

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by StackerJJ »

Poor today.. Could and should be much doing much more.. Poor end product and totally predictable.. Not good enough.. Too much arrogance without doing anything noteworthy. We need more..
snooperpooper
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by snooperpooper »

Bone idle
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

Let players run past him all day long...just about forgiveable if you are producing payet-like moments of quality in the other end...but he isn't.

First game I've seen him live mind, so I'll resort to giving him longer before really judging him properly
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Odd ain't he?

I think he thinks he's Eric Cantona.
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1493 likes

Post by smuts »

24 million. :eh:
Dieter Eckstein
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 281 likes

Post by Dieter Eckstein »

His finish when one on one against Bolton worried me. He hasn't scored for us yet and massively let the club down against Southampton, yet tries the Hollywood lob when presented with a gift wrapped chance to get off the mark.

I really hope he's a roaring success for us, but he'll make a lot more friends if he gets his head down and puts in a shift rather than thinking about his YouTube highlights reel.
Diogenes
Has liked: 475 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Opinions eh! I thought he had a bloody good game today.
Diogenes
Has liked: 475 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Opinions eh! I thought he had a bloody good game today.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

I would sooner have Arnie than Ayew that is for sure
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

There was a moment today where he brought a high ball down perfectly in his stride, and then he totally f**ked it, that's the problem with him, he's notthe finished article. We've signed this years Bolasie.
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 860 likes
Total likes: 673 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

Diogenes wrote:Opinions eh! I thought he had a bloody good game today.
Agreed. Always looked dangerous going forward.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

The way he kills the ball, has time in possession and drifts past people has similarities to Payet. Final ball ain't there, yet.

In fairness, he's only played two full (ish) games for us in the league - Man U and Spurs - probably two of the top 4 sides.

He'll be a success.
hamstas_paradise
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by hamstas_paradise »

You can see the ability is there but the application is not all it needs to be. He is a complete moaner always flailing his arms in some emotional out burst that the the opposition, the ref and the world as a whole is against him. His body language when he hasn't got the ball makes him look as if he is disinterested in putting in a shift. Marko needs Zabaleta to give him lessons about behaving and applying yourself like a proper professional, Pablo was terrific today.

When Marko has the ball he does look lively, in the first half it didn't quite click for him when he tried to break through. MOTD showed he should have had a pen, Aurier had handfuls of shirt for quite a few seconds, but it was hidden from the ref. In the long run Marko will prove to be better than some of the others we've had in the position, and I thinking we have a team that will give someone a good hiding before long, if things go our way a little more.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4920 likes

Post by -DL- »

I quite like him. He's not set the world alight yet, but I think he'll come good. The signs are there. How people are calling him a **** and calling him useless after two league starts, one of which didn't last very long is beyond me.

This season's whipping boy methinks.
MilHammer
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by MilHammer »

I get the criticism, but I had no problem with his display today. Sometimes he holds onto the ball for too long, or tries to be fancy...

But ultimately, some of our most promising and exciting offensive moments in the first half came from him. With Lanzini back in the middle drawing defenders, and Antonio/Arnie on the wings, you have a pretty dangerous pairing of explosive/strong wide guys that can take guys on and create scoring opportunities, with Lanzini/Hernandez to mop up. Bit of a luxury player, and I'm sure he'll be anonymous at times if things aren't going his way, but he can make things happen, which is something we need.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

was poor with his ack of tracking back. needs to look at antonio for workrate !
too eary to judge him as only played 2 premier games.

goes back to what the manager wants from him. I would want him to track back a bit.he is no payet and I dont see him as the next level signing but a useful squad player.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5673 likes
Total likes: 3090 likes

Post by MB »

-DL- wrote:I quite like him. He's not set the world alight yet, but I think he'll come good. The signs are there. How people are calling him a **** and calling him useless after two league starts, one of which didn't last very long is beyond me.

This season's whipping boy methinks.
Comes with being our record signing sadly. Gone are the days of getting behind a player and giving them a chance.

As I put in the match thread, part of the problem is that he is incredibly frustrating to watch but that is true of any flair player who isn't quite pulling it off in the final third. The movement and runs are there though so hopefully he just needs one decent game to kick things off,

Always found it odd that certain flair players like PdC and Payet could drift in and out of games with barely a mention while a lot of our other flair players seem to be analysed on a minute by minute basis.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

the difference is that PDC and payet were great players who would score or create something. Too early to judge arnie . he wears the shirt so gets 100% support.
Andy.C

Post by Andy.C »

I think we signed him looking for another Payet, for me he slows the game down and wants to stop, start then dribble past defenders but he has not got the pace to go passed them and needs to go sideways.Cresswell needs a winger who is willing to run onto the ball, so he can drop a pass into space over the back four like he was doing two seasons ago. Marco does not want to make these runs.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

He's a player, there was some great stuff from him yesterday, he needs to improve but there is a hell of a player in there.

His languid style is always going to mean that a few on here will give him grief