Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by mumbles87 »

Row X wrote:
Hart is not better.
Fact is Hart has made 310 premier league appearances and has 122 clean sheets....

not bad for a keeper who was in a team that was "set up to out score the oppo"

10 clean sheets for birmingham.. 3 for us

the great dane had 310 appearances in the league and 129 clean sheets

not saying hes on his level but that is an impressive record...

shay given has 451 games under his belt and has less clean sheets than hart..
It's the Futre

Post by It's the Futre »

"I'm 30, have had a good few seasons as a number 1 goalkeeper in the Premier League, I clearly believe in myself BUT I'm happy to sit almost the entire season out on the bench"

Perhaps he should have said that or better still nothing :D
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

mumbles87 wrote:
Fact is Hart has made 310 premier league appearances and has 122 clean sheets....

not bad for a keeper who was in a team that was "set up to out score the oppo"
Whilst Joe Hart was in the first team picture I don't think Man City have ever been set up to out score the opposition, in the sense that they neglected defensive duties, they were managed by Roberto Mancini for a large chunk of that time ffs :lol:
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

The bottom line appears to be that, come summer, we're either going to have to finally put our hands in our pockets and sign a couple of goalkeepers, one maybe being Hart, or go for the usual punt that might come off, something they've always done with keepers since they arrived. If Hart plays well there's a large chance that someone better than us would come in for him and offer him European football too. If he's not that great for us do we really want to be spending money on him? And, of course, there's those stupidly high Champions League regular wages to contend with.

This is a stupid f**king mess that didn't need to happen, all we needed was a more capable understudy to Adrian than Randy, we sold Randy for 5m, would Bentley have cost that? I very much doubt it, and he'd have been decent enough to cover for El Matador.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

warp wrote:if that's down to adrian, then hart hasn't done a great job either...
Puff Daddy wrote:Hart is much better at organising his defenders
i got that Puff.
i'm just saying that this season's defense looks as poorly organized as last season's.
so if he is much better at organizing defenses, he is not showing it.
Last edited by warp on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 417 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Harts the new Jussi :D

He just doesn't fill me with confidence at all, especially from set pieces. Same as when we had David James in goal. I feel much more comfortable with Adrian between the sticks.

Another fine mess by the club. Hopefully we can keep Adrian until at least the end of the season.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

i'm the opposite, more comfortable with hart in goal but less confident going into a game where i know he's going to have to pull out a worldie to keep us in it.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

mumbles87 wrote:Fact is Hart...
fact is we do not know how adrian would have done in the exact same conditions.
so those facts i did not quote are all pretty pointless.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Mignolet on loan next season, you heard it here first :lol:
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

warp wrote:fact is we do not know how adrian would have done in the exact same conditions.
so those facts i did not quote are all pretty pointless.
And the fact is Adrian has never come close to moving to a top side...why is that? Even in the last season at Upton Park, why didn’t anyone think “yeah he’s worth a punt”?

The facts are that Hart has played consistently for City becuse he was a pretty decent goalie. Mancini could’ve gone and bought anyone. So could’ve Pellegrini. He’s simply not at title winning level anymore.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

hammers92 wrote: And the fact is Adrian has never come close to moving to a top side...why is that? Even in the last season at Upton Park, why didn’t anyone think “yeah he’s worth a punt”?

The facts are that Hart has played consistently for City becuse he was a pretty decent goalie. Mancini could’ve gone and bought anyone. So could’ve Pellegrini. He’s simply not at title winning level anymore.
:?

So you're arguing that Adrian's quality as a goalkeeper can be determined partly by the fact he plays for West Ham and not a CL side. While Hart, who also plays for West Ham is better, because he has played in the CL and won the league?
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Certainly questions to be asked over Adrian as our first choice keeper for a season or two now imo, Hart is not the answer though.
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

What Szola just said.

Your argument makes no sense Hammer92.
warp

Post by warp »

hammers92 wrote:And the fact is Adrian has never come close to moving to a top side...why is that? Even in the last season at Upton Park, why didn’t anyone think “yeah he’s worth a punt”?

i guess you were well happy when we got almunia then.
hammers92

Post by hammers92 »

brothernero wrote:What Szola just said.

Your argument makes no sense Hammer92.
Look I just think Hart is much better :lol:
warp

Post by warp »

hammers92 wrote:Look I just think Hart is much better :lol:
because he's won things.
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Nothing wrong at all with thinking Hart is better, many do.

But you seem to think the fact he has played for Man City and that Adrian has only played for us is a valid reason for thinking that.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

The gap between Adrian and Hart isn't massive, what I don't get is why we have taken a loan player in, moved our permanent player to the bench where he's now looking to get out, potentially meaning we need to recruit 2 next year, and start the season with a brand new keeper
hammers92

Post by hammers92 »

brothernero wrote:Nothing wrong at all with thinking Hart is better, many do.

But you seem to think the fact he has played for Man City and that Adrian has only played for us is a valid reason for thinking that.
I think it is, Hart has played over 250 times for City. Since their takeover, you don’t do that by being bang average. He’s also got around 70 appearances for England. Personally I think he’s had his time as no.1 but again, you don’t play that many times as goalkeeper if you’re crap (although judging by the current state of things...).

In the summer, the gossip rumours had Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool looking at him. Adrian was being looked at by Newcastle and there lies the difference. I really don’t know why we keep having this debate as there’s a few other players right now who should be getting pulled up for their performances, and I’m talking to you Cresswell.

I think a lot of the debate comes from the fear we’ll lose that “he gets us” from Adrian and I don’t think we need to fear that. I believe Hart knows exactly what he’s in for with West Ham, I think he gets it. And I can see him running straight over to the fans if we scored a 90th minute winner against Spurs next week, he seems like he knows what it means to everyone.

I’d also give Adrian a 3 or 4 year contract, he’s an excellent choice as no.2, but only that. And I’m very certain we’ll take Hart on a permanent in the summer unless something goes seriously wrong with a bigger club and their GK.
hammers92

Post by hammers92 »

Oh and if Hart makes a mistake tomorrow I’m literally gonna shoot myself after posting that