Watford 2-0 West Ham Utd (19/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Re: Watford v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by HammerAl »

Burnley Hammer wrote:I really, really hope we don't get battered...

Yeah, and I really really hope we win, but if we don't win then a draw would be OK because it's slightly better than a loss.
Absolutely.
Lord Zoltan
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Lord Zoltan »

CAN PEOPLE STOP SAYING REID WON'T MAKE IT FOR SUNDAY!!!!

He last played football Wednesday night/early hours of Thursday morning!

To say he won't be fit for a game the following Sunday at 4pm is complete nonsense!

Get a grip!!!!!
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Moyes says he’ll be including one or two U23s players due to injuries. A centre back and a striker are probably the priorities so Rice and Martinez I would guess.
hammer1975
Has liked: 978 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

West Ham to win by two goals

Just got that feeling
hammernsickle
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by hammernsickle »

bubbles500 wrote:Ok so OS says Collins out.Honestly like putting a jigsaw together.Be nice if they could just put out 1 tweet Or a simple paragraph saying xyz are out.Reid still seems very unlikely to me.Which leaves ogbonna rice kouyate .
Isn't this a good thing? Give the opposition no chance to know who they are playing against.
Hello there!

Post by Hello there! »

hammer1975 wrote:West Ham to win by two goals

Just got that feeling
Me too.

1-3 West Ham.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by upton o'good »

Colours never run wrote:Went down like a lead balloon with the Manc crowd as well as the likes of Rio.
Burnley Hammer wrote:Maybe the likes of Rio should have considered getting behind their new manager instead of bitching about him.

No chance, Rio's west ham through and through :wink:
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

Lord Zoltan wrote:CAN PEOPLE STOP SAYING REID WON'T MAKE IT FOR SUNDAY!!!!

To say he won't be fit for a game the following Sunday at 4pm is complete nonsense!

Get a grip!!!!!
Have you ever had JET LAG?
Lord Zoltan
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Lord Zoltan »

Yes, i'm a celebrity, I travel Worldwide often, thats why Reid will play :thup:
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

Lord Zoltan wrote:Yes, i'm a celebrity, I travel Worldwide often, thats why Reid will play :thup:
So Reid will play because you're a celebrity?
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by danm79 »

Get a grip!!!!!
Impressed you know more than the man himself
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by danm79 »

Question on parking and getting away as I have never driven to Watford before.

I have got to get a flight at 21.10 from Stansted, plan is to leave at the final while and park in the Queens car park - whats will the traffic be like getting back to the M25, is there a better car park to use?
aaronhammer
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

danm79 wrote:Question on parking and getting away as I have never driven to Watford before.

I have got to get a flight at 21.10 from Stansted, plan is to leave at the final while and park in the Queens car park - whats will the traffic be like getting back to the M25, is there a better car park to use?
I’d say park by the college/colloseum if there’s a space, you’ll be straight onto Hempstead Road which leads to the M25, via the A41 for Stanstead, although there could be some traffic on this road you will avoid the ring road and any traffic around this. It is a little extra walk too, not too much but maybe 5 minutes.

Failing that then I would go to the Gade car park as if you take a right after coming out the car park (well you have to turn left out of the car park as it’s a one way street, but right on the main road), then another right, you’ll be near the colloseum.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

My guess is it's Judith Chalmers, as Alan Whickers dead.
New Jersey
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by New Jersey »

Big game, even though it’s early in the season. The shock of the board actually bringing in Moyes has died down a little, people, including myself are now accepting that this is the situation and we have to deal with it. Sounds like the training has intensified which is good. I think we all agree that the players are good enough to be mid-table, but we all said that when we were relegated with Di Canio and the rest of that team.

Sunday is a new start with a new Moyes. If we get a point or pull off an away win, nerves will settle and we can look up. But, and this is my biggest fear, if we lose, even if it’s an unlucky loss, the daggers will be out. Confidence will be low and the boo boys will be ready to say “I told you so”. I’m afraid I can see this happening. I hope I’m wrong and Moyes can turn us around. I always go into a game thinking that we can get a result, (maybe not when playing Man City this season) but I’m very worried about this game, and it’s away to Watford!

I hope we get a result. I know it’s not fair to judge Moyes on one game, but I feel he came with doubts and we all need to see an improvement from minute one on Sunday.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Get a grip!!!!!

He’s flown to New Zealand on the other side of the planet, played a match there. Then flown from there to Peru, had a bit of a nightmare journey and stay, played another match there. Now he’s got a third long haul flight back to the UK. On top of that, he probably hasn’t even trained with the side at all and probably hasn’t even met the manager. So all in all, I think it’s quite fair for people to entertain the possibility that he may not be involved in the game on Sunday without you getting so irate.
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

This is going to be a a tough call I realy hope moyes has instaled some fight, pride and willingness to play as a unit in the team .Watford are not a great side but they are battlers and we need to match them in this department if we do I rekon we could nick this.As we always do lets give moyes and the team our usual support away from home the best in the country it will make all the difference im sure to the performance of the team".Come on you irons"!!! :scarfer:
continental skills
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

From today's Guardian:
Arnautovic could find himself on the bench when West Ham visit Watford for Moyes’s first game on Sunday afternoon. “The hardest thing at the moment is that I have got four to five people who want to play wide left,” Moyes said. “I have tried to go around them and say to them: ‘OK, I will try and get you where you feel best suited.’ But I have got four to five of them to get into the team.”

Could someone please tell me who the four or five players are who want to play wide left?
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I reckon reidy will play. warrior spirit and wont want to cry off with a new tough boss.

hart
zab reid kouyate cresswell
noble obiang masuaka
lanzini
ayew sakho

subs Adrian ogbonna rice Fernandez arnautovic carroll Antonio

1-0 hammers ayew
Patito

Post by Patito »

continental skills wrote:From today's Guardian:
Arnautovic could find himself on the bench when West Ham visit Watford for Moyes’s first game on Sunday afternoon. “The hardest thing at the moment is that I have got four to five people who want to play wide left,” Moyes said. “I have tried to go around them and say to them: ‘OK, I will try and get you where you feel best suited.’ But I have got four to five of them to get into the team.”

Could someone please tell me who the four or five players are who want to play wide left?

Can only think of Ayew, Arnie, Masuaku. Antonio has mentioned it in the past but I see him as a right winger. Strange!