Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Bill »

e17 wrote:Disinterest and disillusion at an all time high
Supporters sniping at each other on all sides
Players looking unfit every week after 60 minutes
No backbone anywhere on the pitch

The level of cynicism and lack of class that the owners leak out of every pore of their being has begun to seep into the core of West Ham United, and without the vague link to what we stand for that Slaven Bilic vaguely kept in place, there is almost nothing left worth fighting for.

I literally don’t want to see these ***** succeed in any shape or form, my love for a club my Great Grandfather supported is being tested against wanting to see Gold and Sullivan rot and take their entire entourage with them.

Boys & girls - your fellow posters are not your enemy - it’s those poisoning everything to blame
:thup:
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Those flags need to be in the ground Friday night and we have a duty to protect them and stop them being taken off of the owners by the stewards. Would love to know what part of the ground they can be shown off so we can make a stand behind them, bit like General Custer :D
V-M
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

the pink palermo wrote:Can posters please stop abusing or attacking each other .

Thank you
Its not attacking mate. Newbies coming in with over 500 posts in 2 months and then crying because the get pulled for talking *****. Probably an ex member under a new name tbh.
brothernero
Has liked: 749 likes
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by brothernero »

I dread to think what the atmosphere will be like and what will be chanted should we go a goal down early once again next Friday.

If there is chants towards the board then they need to be consistent, like they were back during the Bond protests.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

In past experience, I've found that the simple 'Out, Out, Out' chant really hits home. Something that builds up aggression and momentum quite easily.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 616 likes

Post by Croydon »

IABATAC wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thup:
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 256 likes

Post by steps »

sanchoz wrote:
Physically ripped at by a WHUFC employee one or two minutes later

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And attempts to censor another flag:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That flag wasn't taken. The lying thieving cheats flag was returned:

This is incedible.

Can we do a home page piece about this please, someone?

This really needs to get leaked to nationals.
Wildy

Post by Wildy »

Agree with those saying about it needs to happen at home games too.

However I won’t be taking my flag to them games. Those 3 crooks have already forced me away from that ****hole

It will be at every away game though until those c**** are gone
NedN
Has liked: 139 likes

Post by NedN »

What's mind blowing to me, is their inability to support a manager such that he can put together a squad that will play in the formation/manner that he wants.

With the exception of some of the BFS years, and maybe Slav's first season (* here though) I don't think we've seen a squad of players who fit into the way the manager wants to play. I'm not even talking about have a squad with top 10 overall ability, just having a squad of outfield players, who can play the exact roles and positions the manager wants for his system, at a PL competence.

In some cases it's been a money issue, see the refusal to try to purchase Lacazette in January in Slaven's first season for 1/3 of what he sold for 2 years later (no value in January eh?), but in others it doesn't even seem like a money question - if the payment scheme is right, they'll fund the purchase of a bigger name player that doesn't fit, over a choice that fits the manager's scheme.

Since Slaven started we have (and presumably he was) been crying out for a more reliable version of Sakho up front (this is what would fit his 4-5-1/4-3-3 that worked well in the final Boleyn Season). The forwards brought in were Jelavic, Eminike, Zaza, Calleri, Fletcher, Ayew, Arnautovic, Chicharito (we also brought in Snodgrass, Feghouli, and Tore who play further up). You could argue that perhaps only Fletcher was even remotely in the mold that we were looking for (and he was brought in for the future)

Some of this was Slaven's fault, and he made some bad choices in the transfer market (see Tore), but I don't think he was saying "I'll take Jelavic and Eminike instead of someone like Lacazette," more along the lines of "well, these aren't my first choices but I'll take them if it's all I can have." Similarly, the situation with Ayew, and Arnautovic likely seems to have been "hey Slav, we can get you these guys are you interested?" with him saying "sure," not knowing whether he would be funded for anything else (speculation of course).

Each manager we've had ends up being forced to tinker their systems into something that will work with the available personnel, (and then tinker again with injuries) as opposed to being able to play a system where players can be swapped in and out when someone is hurt, without having to change formation or style every week.

Yes, we technically have a balanced squad in the sense that we have coverage in every position, but in too many cases we have to completely change our game plan if we are forced to use that coverage.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

This really could turn into a living nightmare for them and they totally deserve it.Theres no way they can sell while we are relegation threatened. And if relegated it’s even worse. Would they sell at a massive loss on their valuation just to avoid the grief ?
brownout
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by brownout »

Just managed to stop myself getting involved (and arrested) when stewards grabbed that flag before the game. I nearly walked out but glad I stayed to finally get the chance to tell Gold Sullivan & Brady what we think of them.

You destroyed our f---ing club sums it up.

Sadly many fans were taken in by their lies and it's all too late now. I can't see how we can ever get the real West Ham back.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Thank you to the fans who took and maintained the banners. You’re good eggs and there’s many of us who have marvelled at and envied your travelling support for years, and happy to see our views represented by you.

:crest:
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 667 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

vmixture wrote:
Its not attacking mate. Newbies coming in with over 500 posts in 2 months and then crying because the get pulled for talking *****. Probably an ex member under a new name tbh.
And that's down to us to sort not anyone else. Six of one and half a dozen of the other today

Back on topic
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

bubbles500 wrote:This really could turn into a living nightmare for them and they totally deserve it.Theres no way they can sell while we are relegation threatened. And if relegated it’s even worse. Would they sell at a massive loss on their valuation just to avoid the grief ?
I sincerely hope that it gets to the point where GSB can't even attend games because of the tension and grief it will cause.
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 765 likes

Post by Believer »

TheRealHammer wrote: Serious answer we pay half the current rent if relegated which in turn means LLDC get less money and will go bankrupt quicker which then means we can buy the stadium faster and he can sell us on for a massive profit. Stadium sponsor deals will be worth less - everything will be worth less which means LLDC will earn less.

He is very smart and will have foreseen this opportunity.
It was also very telling reading Brady comment about Moyes “building a club” - could be they expect relegation for the reasons you mention. They sell Lanzini, Antonio, Ayew, Carroll, Cresswell and get rid of the high earners. All more money in their pockets. They then task Moyes and Henry to buy youth on cheap salaries. If it takes 2 or 3 seasons they won’t care as they’ll make the money back by buying the stadium for pennies.

You could definitely be onto something which makes any planned protests a worthless cause. They’ve got the club precisely where they want it.
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 495 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Does little Jack still read this? Does he know his Dad is the biggest lying crook and thief in football since Maxwell?

Does he know what his family has done to this club?
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Why was that flag taken away by stewards at Watford? There is nothing really offensive by it, I'm baffled by that element of that, regardless of the board
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Special mention to the Sky commentators for highlighting the away fans verbal protests against the board. :thup:
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

fmgod wrote:Why was that flag taken away by stewards at Watford? There is nothing really offensive by it, I'm baffled by that element of that, regardless of the board
I really am failing to see why they would have any right to do that at any away ground. Surely they have no jurisdiction on anything but our place?

The siege mentality at the top is in place
NedN
Has liked: 139 likes

Post by NedN »

Rio wrote: . . .

The siege mentality at the top is in place
They really do remind me of the football ownership equivalent of Trump, always need to stroke their own ego, always looking to make a quick buck, always need to have the last word, and incredibly insecure.

They're supposed to be mega rich owners of a football club, if you can't stand to see a negative banner, that's some pathetically thin skin.

It's amazing to me that they don't realize that they would be far better off if they kept their mouths shut, gave a manager some autonomy and support, and focused on running things behind the scenes (even if they spent LESS money in the process). Zero self-awareness, zero integrity, zero ownership of any of the club's issues.