West Ham United 1-1 Leicester City (24/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

mcinerney7

Re: West Ham United v Leicester City: Match Thread

Post by mcinerney7 »

4 - 3 - 3 please

Adrian in goals
Back four of creswell Reid ogbonna and zabs
Midfield three of lanzini noble kouyate
Top three of Arnie sakho Antonio

Are most used formation in the 15/16 season was this formation , obviously payet was a big influence that year

The only players in the line up I have just posted in comparison to our most used formation in that successful season is zabaleta in for tomkins and Arnie in for payet. Not exactly like for like I know but Arnie is morw physical than payet and zabaleta is a better defender than tomkins
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

3 at the back PLEASE.

-----------------Hart----------------
-----Kouyate- Reid - Oggy------
Zaba ---------------------Masuaku
----------Nobes - Obiang----------
--------------- Lanzini----------------
-------Hernandez- Ayew----------

This for me please. :scarfer:
mooro_19841

Post by mooro_19841 »

Cannot believe how many people have Cresswell in their starting 11.

He cant run. Cant control the ball. Cant pass. Cant defend. Cant kick a ball properly.

Useless.
Hammer'67
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Hammer'67 »

wildkard wrote:Was spot on with my 2-0 for the Watford game.

We'll lose this one 3-0.
Bloke at work had a dream last night that Vardy scored 5 against us. He has lumped 50 notes on him getting a hat trick at 35 to 1!

Was going to offer to take the bet then I thought better of it!!!
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1784 likes

Post by hammers92 »

mooro_19841 wrote:Cannot believe how many people have Cresswell in their starting 11.

He cant run. Cant control the ball. Cant pass. Cant defend. Cant kick a ball properly.

Useless.
We need to have Cresswell and Masuaku both down the same side imo. One better at defending, one better at attacking and that side pretty shores up. Arnautovic offers us nothing.
Ferret

Post by Ferret »

10-0-0 please

try and keep it down to a 5-0 loss... :idea:
submerged

Post by submerged »

[quo

Bloke at work had a dream last night that Vardy scored 5 against us. He has lumped 50 notes on him getting a hat trick at 35 to 1!

Was going to offer to take the bet then I thought better of it!!![/quote]

There's a thread for these!! Stick a tenner on 1-1 for Everton too. And if you see Slav, buy him a woo woo!

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=169418" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Morgan is a daytripper!!

Prior to this season I'd had a season ticket for the past 15 years and an away ST in the first year of the Olympic Stadium

Just couldn't bring myself to go this season
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Blimey wish we could just get a straight forward xyz is available or not. All this ayew is in amongst us ? Available or not that’s all I need to know.
ludo22
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Post by ludo22 »

mooro_19841 wrote:Cannot believe how many people have Cresswell in their starting 11.

Useless.
One of the most alarming regressions of a footballer I've ever seen.Even with bad coaching/management,he is 5% of the player he was.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Useless.
Completely agree. One of many players that falls into the "not very good but we'll try and kid ourselves into thinking he's better than he is" category.

Play 3 at the back. 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 may suit some of our players individually and look more impressive being presented on this forum, but as a team we NEED to go 3-5-2 or 3-4-3.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Useless.
Cresswell has turned into Illunga or Schemel
Humbug
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by Humbug »

Unsure which players will turn up to be honest but if we can be more clinical with any chances we get , then we might sneak a win.

Just out of curiosity,been looking at passing accuracy stats for our midfielders vs Man City

Noble: 85% passing accuracy, 74% forward
Obiang, 79%, 86%
Lanzini , 86%, 62%
Kouyate, 80%, 76%
Fernandes, 78%, 72%
Antonio , 67%, 69%

Kevin De B, 84%, 60%
Silva , 90% 58%
Fernandinho, 88%, 75%
Delph, 93%, 60%
Sane , 84%, 44%
B Silva, 85% , 52%
Toure , 90% , 72%
Gundogan, 90%, 55%

So looking at the above, it looks rather weird insofar that we generally make a greater percentage of forward passes (hoof ball?) but obviously with less accuracy. City's midfield are all athletic players comfortable on the ball , can press/tackle, playing short passes and killer through balls while we have mix n mash (some athletic, some comfortable on the ball , some better at passing , but maybe Lanzini having the best mix of those qualities). Imho, none are particular good at pressing and tackling.

Moyes may have to decide to balance the midfield better and shore it up with athletic players who can press/tackle plus complete short passes, maybe using Lanzini as our sole creative player. Unfortunately Obiang ,Kouyate, Fernandes, Noble ,Antonio don't have those necessary balanced qualities to support our best creative player (Lanzini).

The other weird thing is Antonio is worst in passing accuracy and forward passes , yet he is probably our best offensive midfielder.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Humbug wrote:Unsure which players will turn up to be honest but if we can be more clinical with any chances we get , then we might sneak a win.

Just out of curiosity,been looking at passing accuracy stats for our midfielders vs Man City

Obiang, 79%, 86%
Lanzini , 86%, 62%
Kouyate, 80%, 76%
Fernandes, 78%, 72%
Antonio , 67%, 69%

Kevin De B, 84%, 60%
Silva , 90% 58%
Fernandinho, 88%, 75%
Delph, 93%, 60%
Sane , 84%, 44%
B Silva, 85% , 52%
Toure , 90% , 72%
Gundogan, 90%, 55%

So looking at the above, it looks rather weird insofar that we generally make a greater percentage of forward passes (hoof ball?) but obviously with less accuracy. City's midfield are all athletic players comfortable on the ball , can press/tackle, playing short passes and killer through balls while we have mix n mash (some athletic, some comfortable on the ball , some better at passing , but maybe Lanzini having the best mix of those qualities). Imho, none are particular good at pressing and tackling.

Moyes may have to decide to balance the midfield better and shore it up with athletic players who can press/tackle plus complete short passes, maybe using Lanzini as our sole creative player. Unfortunately Obiang ,Kouyate, Fernandes, Noble ,Antonio don't have those necessary balanced qualities to support our best creative player (Lanzini).

The other weird thing is Antonio is worst in passing accuracy and forward passes , yet he is probably our best offensive midfielder.
Not that surpising, he has no vision at all, he's an abysmal passer. He is however the best on the squad probably at running in a straight line up the pitch and beating his man with speed/strength. Overall I don't think he's our best offensive midfielder, I'd put Ayew and Lanzini above him for sure. He is however basically the only player in the squad with top-end pace
NottingHammer6
Has liked: 1 like

Post by NottingHammer6 »

Humbug wrote:Unsure which players will turn up to be honest but if we can be more clinical with any chances we get , then we might sneak a win.

Obiang, 79%, 86%
Lanzini , 86%, 62%
Kouyate, 80%, 76%
Fernandes, 78%, 72%
Antonio , 67%, 69%

Kevin De B, 84%, 60%
Silva , 90% 58%
Fernandinho, 88%, 75%
Delph, 93%, 60%
Sane , 84%, 44%
B Silva, 85% , 52%
Toure , 90% , 72%
Gundogan, 90%, 55%

Further proof these kind of stats mean sweet F all. Football is a game about performances and not numbers/silly stats. Obviously goals/assists are clear meaningful stats. As soon as someone uses Squakwa to back up an opinion it becomes invalid
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I can see us taking the victory here. Going with a 2 or 3-1 score line. I just think for the first time in ages there will be highly charged atmosphere at home, which I hope will give the players a kick up the arse and makes them realise that at least 50% of this joke has been caused by them.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

I went for a 4-1 win vs Watford ( should ve been :-) )),, 2-1 to us
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

Penguin wrote:I can see us taking the victory here. Going with a 2 or 3-1 score line. I just think for the first time in ages there will be highly charged atmosphere at home, which I hope will give the players a kick up the arse and makes them realise that at least 50% of this joke has been caused by them.
The players didn't sell our home, sell our history off on the cheap, lie to the fans, under invest, employ a **** manager and extort money from the club.

The shame is that it seems the catalyst for the majority of supporters waking up has been poor performances on the pitch.
Humbug
Has liked: 47 likes

Post by Humbug »

[/quote]

Further proof these kind of stats mean sweet F all. Football is a game about performances and not numbers/silly stats. Obviously goals/assists are clear meaningful stats. As soon as someone uses Squakwa to back up an opinion it becomes invalid[/quote]

I think stats are useful up to a certain point and a certain BFS was known to be a stats nutcase to use/improve his squad of players. For example , when the stats came out that we ran the least distances and made fewest sprints , virtually everyone said that was proof we were unfit. And I think that proof showed up when we looked puffed out about 15 mins before the end of our matches . So the stats backed up what we were seeing on the pitch. I suspect lots of coaches use these hard stats as proof to drop players when they don't 'perform' . But how do you prove they are not performing unless you measure their performances? How do you gauge improvement without measuring what you need to improve on? Anyhow , I think we could get a win or draw against Leics if we press them , keep the tempo up and make it difficult for them to get the time to pick easy passes to their quick attackers. The one person who is an absolute jinx for us is Albrighton who always seems to make at least one outstanding goal scoring cross against us.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1335 likes
Total likes: 797 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

2-0 Leicester. We haven't hit bottom yet, in my opinion.