Transfer Window: January 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Re: January transfer window

Post by HammerAl »

Would love Wilshere here and think he would add some much needed quality to the middle of the park, but I think now that he’s back in the Arsenal fold, our chances of getting him are very thin.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I prefer Lanzini Obiang and Noble over Wiltshire.
HammerAl

Post by HammerAl »

Georgee Paris wrote:I prefer Lanzini Obiang and Noble over Wiltshire.
Wiltshire maybe, but for me Wilshere is a level above all of them.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Wilshere if obtainable should definitely be signed in my eyes. I think a midfield of Wilshere, Obiang, Noble and Lanzini would be solid. Happily sell Kouyate in Jan. We could make some good money on him and have a midfield quartet of Footballers would be great.

Wilshere would be a big upgrade. I would rather him than Carvalho.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2651 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

Does Wilshere's long track record of being mainly injured count for nothing?
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

EvilC wrote:Does Wilshere's long track record of being mainly injured count for nothing?
It definitely does, because if he didn't have that record then he would be signing for one of the big boys and not us.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Wilshire, when fully fit, will be a 40 million pound player. We can get him in Jan for peanuts. No brainer. Pardon?
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Lol one good game and he is the second coming of Messi again, he hardly did anything amazing for Bouremouth last year, this is the whole probably with English football, one England player has one or two good games all of a sudden massively over hyped.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

fmgod wrote:Lol one good game and he is the second coming of Messi again, he hardly did anything amazing for Bouremouth last year, this is the whole probably with English football, one England player has one or two good games all of a sudden massively over hyped.
Calm down there champ, nobody has said he is Messi or anything close however its clear he would be a good signing for us. I wouldn't say he is over hyped its clear he is talented.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2651 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Wilshire, when fully fit, will be a 40 million pound player. We can get him in Jan for peanuts. No brainer. Pardon?
"When fully fit". f*** me. Surely this should read "If fully fit". And, much like a fully fit Carroll, I'd suggest that a fully fit Wilshere is a mythical beast. Signing him in January would be for the peanut-brained and not a no-brainer IMO.
SlackerJJ wrote:It definitely does, because if he didn't have that record then he would be signing for one of the big boys and not us.
IMO we cannot afford to take on another permacrock.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3171 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

I’d enquire about Walcott on loan. Gives us much more flexibility with wages and fees, less worrying about whether he’s fading out. But he’ll be hungry and he still has pace and an eye for goal.

I’d define our targets on how Moyes sets up in the games against teams around us. If we perform, then the problems are the same as when the window shut. And if we have more points on the board, we can also drop age of targets down a notch cos we have a long term aim rather than desperation.
HammerAl

Post by HammerAl »

Ziyech from Ajax is a great player. Made for the PL. Sign him up to take some of the pressure off Lanzini!
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 746 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

sell sakho and carroll 20m replace with Walcott loan
Wilshire plus CB in
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

HammerAl wrote:Ziyech from Ajax is a great player. Made for the PL. Sign him up to take some of the pressure off Lanzini!
I thought the same about Klassen

Wilshere on mega wages, injured more than Carroll, are our fans serious, he will be good if he plays yeah great, ten games a season if lucky, like sticking your life savings on one number on a roulette wheel, it's idiocy at it's finest, same with Walcott ageging massively, hgih wages, will lose his pace soon, be stuck with a player on massive wages, useless and long contract

We need to get beyond this just looking at the prem where is no real value, either Championship or abroad

We should be looking at the likes of

Dendocker
Thauvin - I know he failed at Newcastle but he is a very good player
Ben Arfa on loan would be a great signing for six months, add that creativity, also will be motivated to high heaven with the World cup this year
Guedes on loan at Valencia from PSG, the boy is class, PSG probably won't sell him but aren't short of options
Serri from Caen
CB the bloke some suggested from the Championship the other day is exactly the sort of signing we should be in for,
Patito

Post by Patito »

fmgod wrote: CB the bloke some suggested from the Championship the other day is exactly the sort of signing we should be in for,

Liam Moore / Pontus Jansson?
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Yeah, both a good age, wages will be realistic, hopefully normal transfer fee, will want to grow with the club. Jansson has experience of playing an international level, both have resale value, rather than signing another big name 31 year old who is basically finished, on massive wages and contract.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

hammerman11 wrote:sell sakho and carroll 20m
:lol:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 800 likes
Total likes: 3013 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Sell - Snodgrass , Carroll, Sakho, Antonio or Ayew, Fonte

Buy-Thomas Partey

5 out, 1 in .
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Partey plays all the time now and every since I see it the name Thomas Partey has to be made up, it's too good.

No Partey no party
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

the pink palermo wrote:Sell - Snodgrass , Carroll, Sakho, Antonio or Ayew, Fonte

Buy-Thomas Partey

5 out, 1 in .
Gonna continue this delusion for much longer?

You may as well be suggesting we sign Busquets or Casemiro.