Real West Ham Fans (Action Group)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re:  Real West Ham Fans Action Group

Postby Bill on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Totally agree with Tonka. The guys leading the group have done a great job even getting this off the ground, but PR is going to be of paramount importance in winning this in the long run. So far outside of West Ham fans nobody where I live has even heard that there is any disquiet amongst West Ham fans about the owners and their leeching off the club. The message has to be clear that we want them out and everything else is a side issue. Otherwise GSB will peddle their agenda and the likes of Sky and the press will suck it up.
Bill
Stranded in the smog

Postby szola on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:06 pm

TonkaTwo wrote:But here's what we'd be advising...

These are very sound suggestions, and in RWHFAG have any ambitions to be something more than a grassroot org, they should implement them.

Especially #2.
szola

Postby LOS on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Tonka, excellent stuff mate.

RWHFAG asked for experts in various fields right up front. With your input to perhaps steer into a more fact driven opposed emotionally led campaign really adds some depth to the cause. The right people in the right positions will see this thing over the line. Totally agree though that the message needs distilling,

I trust you and the RWHFAG hook up. This will be a team event of many folk doing their relevant bits. West Ham Fan's at their very best. :crest:
LOS

Postby Kialos on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:22 pm

I hope Tonka's advice can be taken on board.
Kialos

Postby davids cross on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:22 pm

TonkaTwo wrote:c. Club is no longer run as a football club with the goal of success on the pitch, or even with any consideration for the supporters at all. Today WHUFC is purely run as a business with the sole intention of increasing the wealth of the owners.

Excellent post Tonka. People (or some people) are actually marching for different reasons, or primarily different reasons. The scattergun anger is understandable and we can march for all of them but it's not always helpful to the cause when persuading people of an argument and explaining the reason people are marching..

I'll march for category (c).... :thup:

It's a business, just a business to them.

There is no love involved here. Just a cash machine. They will be hated till the day they leave.

They could have done it so differently.
davids cross

Postby S-H on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Kialos wrote:I hope Tonka's advice can be taken on board.

Yes me too, the last thing needed from a fan's perspective, is for the board and or media to be able to easily tarnish us/the march through poorly worded or offensive posts from Facebook.

If through good PR we can paint a clear picture of the aims and purpose of the group/march, and drive the main points home, it really will be priceless.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by moderator.
S-H

Postby Diogenes on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Tonka Two makes very sound and professional points that should be taken up. Separate the major important points from the trivia. Dont descend into abusive insults that make us look like a rabble.
Diogenes

Postby Phil S on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Mr_Skid wrote:Tonka please post that on the RWHFAG page or message them, you are spot on.

The page is looking very unprofessional as it stands!

I've posted it
waiting for it to be authorised.
Phil S

Postby ludo22 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:54 pm

Good stuff Tonka Two.So important that the outside world understands the reason for the march.Even on MSM,there are still many pundits who think we are pissed off because we're not in the Champions' League .
ludo22

Postby wildkard on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Nailed it there.

I'd go further with the FB page though: delete everything already there unless posted by admin, hit the reset button. Make it clear that sexist comments, comments about the "people sitting behind me don't even speak the same language as me." will not be tolerated. No racism, sexism, or homophobia are pretty standard Ts&Cs for this sort of thing, so it's not an admittance of guilt or anything like that.
wildkard

Postby HarlowEssexHammer on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Anyone taking speakers with them on the 10th, here's a few suggestions:

HarlowEssexHammer

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:40 pm

tonka

i can put you in touch with andy and micky directly if you want me to ??

they would be pleased to discuss with you
psychoscoredthelot

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:43 pm

wildkard wrote:Nailed it there.

I'd go further with the FB page though: delete everything already there unless posted by admin, hit the reset button. Make it clear that sexist comments, comments about the "people sitting behind me don't even speak the same language as me." will not be tolerated. No racism, sexism, or homophobia are pretty standard Ts&Cs for this sort of thing, so it's not an admittance of guilt or anything like that.

to be fair to them i dont know how many times Micky has said this to everyone.... together with stop posting pictures or talking about crap - its a movement page etc
psychoscoredthelot

Postby Albie Beck on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:47 pm

I'm a bit older than some (most) of you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8rCy173y7Y
Last edited by Albie Beck on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Albie Beck

Postby Up the Junction on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:50 pm

If anyone wishes to comment on the RWHFAG Facebook group, or the conduct of their members, please do it on their page. It'll take you ten seconds to visit and hit the 'join' button.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/370969473326959/

Please note that any further comments posted in this thread/forum relating to the content of any other website/group/individual involved with the current action will be removed.

Thank you.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby TonkaTwo on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:03 pm

psychoscoredthelot wrote:tonka

i can put you in touch with andy and micky directly if you want me to ??

they would be pleased to discuss with you

Honest answer to that, I’ve got no interest in trying to talk anyone round to doing something they don’t already want to do.

But if they are interested, then we’re here, we’ll help, and it’ll be free.
TonkaTwo

Postby Marky on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:06 pm

Very good Tonka.
Marky

Postby Mega Ron on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:17 pm

TonkaTwo wrote:But if they are interested, then we’re here, we’ll help, and it’ll be free.

He's here,
he there,
he's every-****ing-where,
and he's free

You'll have West Ham London sending you a PM any minute now.
Mega Ron

Postby the bubble hammer on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:22 pm

that's really good of you Tonka. lets hope they get in touch. I will be marching, come rain or shine but I do feel the march needs some kind of direction and focus to show to the outside person. I sometimes find myself wondering what the march is for? My march will be about getting rid of them, but to others I feel it is just for fixing some of the wrongs that they've done. So it really has to be about one or the other
Either get rid or
Get them to fix they're wrongs
the bubble hammer

Postby mushy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:34 pm

The march can be about anything you want, I dont get what all the confusion is about.
There are clearly a lot of people dissatisfied with many aspects of the club and the way its run and has been run, both on and off the field.
It doesnt have to be about one thing in particular, it can be about anything you like from the badge, to the popcorn, to the lousy stadium, to Golds tweets.
What individuals intend to march about is entirely up to them, but a lot of people marching is a clear indicator to the board that a hell of a lot of people are thoroughly pi**ed off, and that for me is enough.
Its a march for people who are sick and fed up, its a simple as that.
mushy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion