Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1669 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 78 days remaining

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

David Sullivan encourages Manuel Pelligrini to make his transfer budget go further...

Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

Colours never run wrote: Yep and Vardy, Drinkwater didn't shoot straight out the door after all they did either. The point is, not every player for whatever reason goes at the first sign of interest from a bigger Club. For sure many will but it's not always a given.
You are forgetting who our owners are mate
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Ben wrote: You are forgetting who our owners are mate
Unfortunately I haven't, hence the Payet example. But yes you can never quite trust the Divs in charge, although that still doesn't mean it's a forgone conclusion. They have a good track record with us of retaining their best players since promotion for the most part. Even last Summer Lanzini was supposed to be off.
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

Georgee Paris wrote:Part of me wouldn’t be surprised if Pellegrini quits before the season starts.
Ha ha ha - I'm actually delighted he has come in and been so cut throat straight away. Makes me think even more that this was no quick interview. I reckon he has been in discussions with the club for months. Moyes was never going to be long term IMO.

The fact that he has came in here after realising the task in front of him and what will be required makes me think even more that this isn't Sullivan's cash that is doing this either. My guess is that this is getting funded by our 10% American. I smell change. Big change.

Bring it on !
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Not sure where this talk of Arnautovic leaving has come from but I'd put a price of £100m on him if it was Man Utd .

Build a team around him , don't sell him .
e17
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 979 likes

Post by e17 »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Not sure where this talk of Arnautovic leaving has come from but I'd put a price of £100m on him if it was Man Utd .

You can only hope they learnt their lesson from the Payet fiasco

A decent couple of signings that January for him to supply to, and we’d have genuinely finished top 4
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

^^^^^^^^^

The thought of paying airfares for a jaunt into Europe the following year frightened GSB to death, so they purposely hid the transfer wallet....

:lol:
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

DS: Don't you worry Manuel i know just how to get the money for the extra 2 players.....£20m on Black number 1
MP: Are you sure this is the best way Mr Sullivan? It seems very risky to me, you could just waive your interest payments?
DS: You trixy lil minx! You know i love your south american accent......but no i won't be swayed!

DS: Stop crying Manuel......I kept £15m back
MP: I can probably do something with......wait........stop.....
DS: Hit me!
Dealer: 20 sir
DS: Hit m...
MP: Stick.......Stick FFS Stick!!!

DS: Manuel?? Manuel, don't you walk away on me!

(Sorry, sorry, I should go back to lurking!)
e17
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 979 likes

Post by e17 »

10 rather than 7 = sell Andy Carroll and either Lanzini or Arnie
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Not sure where this talk of Arnautovic leaving has come from but I'd put a price of £100m on him if it was Man Utd .

Agree. For a player like that, it's a seller's market. We'd want our money back, £25m, plus some profit, plus the cost of as near equivalent replacement, say £50m on top, if a quote must be given at all. Of course this kind of money is utter insanity, but it's the current state of the game.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Hes only got 4 more years left on his contract too.

If we compare it to Payet, he left on a relatively large £15m+ profit for what we paid for him and £25m (plus 5m add-ons? Can't remember that bit now) was only because he acted the absolute twat in the end forcing a move through, which I don't envisage Arnautovic doing. A year and a half on with transfers going through the roof, it would be stupid money to take him right now.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

HITC: Report: West Ham wanted Raphinha but missed out to Sporting, now has £53m release clause

HITC: West Ham wanted Raphinha

Never heard of him, not sure if it was a sully special or a Manuel tip but for €6.5M seems cheap, i mean that's only two thirds of a Hugill! This is now too confusing for my tiny little mind, prior to Pellers rocking up i instantly assumed any south american linked with us was a Sully special, now the waters have been muddied somewhat.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

That's all right when the players all get their collective releases after being attacked by "ultras" allegedly hired by the owner...he'll come for free...

:lol:
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

Apparently Pelligrini wants 7 new players:
Here would be my magnificent 7.
GK: 1 of Bettinelli, Johnstone, Mendy, Sluga, Matteo Perrin, Timo Horn or Ideally Sergio Rico
RB: Nico Elvedi
CB: 1 from Mawson, Tarkowski, Lascelles
CB: 1 from Joris Gnagnon, Ahmed Hegazy, Clement Lenglet, Issa Diop, Benjamin Pavard
LB: Shaw
DM: Fabian Ruiz
ST: Maximiliano Gomez
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

You missed the one position he's almost certainly going to buy somebody for. There's no way he'll go through the window without buying another creative player.
HoustonHammer24
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by HoustonHammer24 »

I think the majority, if not all of our budget needs to go to the CM and DM positions. Pellegrini likes to play possession-based football, and we don’t have the players to do that currently. Here’s what I would spend on

GK: Depends on how much Pellegrini trusts Adrian. If he doesn’t, bring in Caballero for a year and a young keeper with potential (Mendy perhaps?). If he trusts Adrian, stick with him and sign Mendy as backup.

RB: Fredericks or Moritz Bauer from Stoke. Both great players and would add pace to our side.

CB: Move Kouyate back to CB, and give Oxford a chance to shine. If Kouyate throws a strop, sell and replace. If Oxford still wants to leave, sell and replace. Funds for both could go towards Hegazi and Mawson without spending much (net).

CM: I would sign both Mario (loan) and Andre Gomes. Highly ambitious and possibly unrealistic, but I think it would transform our team completely. Both are box to box CMs who could sit alongside a designated DM and carry the ball forward/link up with Arnie and Lanzini.

DM: I’m stealing Peaches’ suggestion for Ruiz and claiming it as my own :wink: Again, highly ambitious, but if you don’t ask you don’t get. Failing that, I still think Dendoncker is a good fit for us, or Ndiaye from Stoke.

—————-Adrian—————-
Bauer—Rice—Ogbonna—Masuaku
————Gomes—Ruiz—————-
Antonio——-Lanzini———Mario—
—————Arnautovic——————

Just imagine...highly improbable, but just let yourself imagine the sexy football that would ensue!
Al Fisti
Has liked: 120 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

HoustonHammer24 wrote:I think the majority, if not all of our budget needs to go to the CM and DM positions. Pellegrini likes to play possession-based football, and we don’t have the players to do that currently. Here’s what I would spend on

GK: Depends on how much Pellegrini trusts Adrian. If he doesn’t, bring in Caballero for a year and a young keeper with potential (Mendy perhaps?). If he trusts Adrian, stick with him and sign Mendy as backup.

RB: Fredericks or Moritz Bauer from Stoke. Both great players and would add pace to our side.

CB: Move Kouyate back to CB, and give Oxford a chance to shine. If Kouyate throws a strop, sell and replace. If Oxford still wants to leave, sell and replace. Funds for both could go towards Hegazi and Mawson without spending much (net).

CM: I would sign both Mario (loan) and Andre Gomes. Highly ambitious and possibly unrealistic, but I think it would transform our team completely. Both are box to box CMs who could sit alongside a designated DM and carry the ball forward/link up with Arnie and Lanzini.

DM: I’m stealing Peaches’ suggestion for Ruiz and claiming it as my own :wink: Again, highly ambitious, but if you don’t ask you don’t get. Failing that, I still think Dendoncker is a good fit for us, or Ndiaye from Stoke.

—————-Adrian—————-
Bauer—Rice—Ogbonna—Masuaku
————Gomes—Ruiz—————-
Antonio——-Lanzini———Mario—
—————Arnautovic——————

Just imagine...highly improbable, but just let yourself imagine the sexy football that would ensue!
:thup:

mentioned all the key positions where we need replacement
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... g-12586270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GK: Eduoard Mendy
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

arthur at left back? Nooo nooooo noooooo
Colours never run

As determined as managers are about de-throning Adrians wall, they'll never ever succeed.

(Said partly in jest)

Jussi
Randolph
Hart

He's seen them all off. It's becoming a bit of a running joke now and a bit of a sport I enjoy watching Adrian eventually regaining his place.