Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 53 days remaining

Post by e-20 »

somerset-hammer wrote:If Diop signs for the reported £20m, you know that Pellers has some clout around the place.

There is no way these owners spend that much on a defender, under any of the previous management.

One that age too, its enough to give Sully a heart attack.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 52 days remaining

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Puff Daddy wrote:I spent hours yesterday pondering how Wolves managed to sign Rui Patricio who is on World Cup duty for Portugal. Did he fly over to attend his medical and complete the paperwork and fly back to Russia again all on the same day ? I cant think of any other way it could've been done
Hours? Really?
e-20

Post by e-20 »

Burnley Hammer wrote: "hammerman11" but surely they will sign a few decent ones this time ?

We will. What I am expecting is a list of different, shrewder targets, once husillos gets properly involved. Not just a list of big names. You don't need a director of football with a scouting network to come up with a list of 30 million pound players. I could do that. After all, he did make a name for himself at malaga finding gems at good prices.
Lets hope we don't get the naff ones he found of late by all accounts.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

pezza20 wrote:
Shall I go and buy you a box of tissues?
This is no time for a w**k Pezza
e-20

Post by e-20 »

Puff Daddy wrote:
I spent hours yesterday pondering how Wolves managed to sign Rui Patricio who is on World Cup duty for Portugal. Did he fly over to attend his medical and complete the paperwork and fly back to Russia again all on the same day ? I cant think of any other way it could've been done
The old 'secret medical' statement it seems. In all honesty Man United did one in the US last year, I suspect there are reputable clinics in and around Russia who could do a medical with your doctor and medical team coordinating it especially with the facilities at the WC. Indeed they would be amongst the best at taking urine samples I am told.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

e-20 wrote:Lets hope we don't get the naff ones he found of late by all accounts.
I'm sure I read somewhere that he had virtually zero budget to work with in his last stint and all but one of his signings were free. Realistically, what were his chances of saving a club that were already uncontrollably spiralling downwards at the point of him taking the role?
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

Diop is gonna sign - 100%

there is no way he is over for a medical if Sully is going to pull the plug at the last min.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

kenthammer1984 wrote:Diop is gonna sign - 100%

there is no way he is over for a medical if Sully is going to pull the plug at the last min.

If he is in London, It's other teams kidnapping him, I worry about.
Stulaw
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Stulaw »

You're talking about the guy who agreed a deal with FC Metz for Diafra Sakho, who also had a medical with us, tried to turn that from a permanent to a loan with an option to buy, then had to be threatened with legal action just to spend £3.5m-£4m for him.
kenthammer1984
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

Stulaw wrote:You're talking about the guy who agreed a deal with FC Metz for Diafra Sakho, who also had a medical with us, tried to turn that from a permanent to a loan with an option to buy, then had to be threatened with legal action just to spend £3.5m-£4m for him.
and we still ended up signing him

Diop is a defo!! :scarfer:
claretandblue82
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

pezza20 wrote: Shall I go and buy you a box of tissues?
Are they going to used as happy tissues or sad tissues?
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Puff Daddy wrote:
I spent hours yesterday pondering how Wolves managed to sign Rui Patricio
I used to be like you until I discovered Smirnoff .
Aceface
Has liked: 375 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

Sullivan: hold my beer
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Burnley Hammer wrote:
I'm sure I read somewhere that he had virtually zero budget to work with in his last stint and all but one of his signings were free.
Ahaaaaaaaa - so that's why he got the job ?
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Is it possible that we're keeping these deals ticking over and intentionally not completing whilst we wait for Pellegrini and Husillos to arrive in the UK and have their supposed meeting? It then allows Sullivan to hand over control (strategic if not financial) with a variety of deals already close to completion should they decide to go ahead with them. Also it could be that this initial list was Pellegrinis list with no input from Husillos and this list may now be amended now that Husillos has officially started. If we're planning on selling a few too to top up funds then we'll need to buy plenty in order to have more than simply a good first 11. I expect a couple of big money signings but then I'd also expect some shrewder low cost buys such as the Mexican fella linked yesterday who was available at 5 million euros. That's where Husillos is going to earn his wage... and I hope he's a lot better at it then Sullivan.
spod
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 287 likes

Post by spod »

Like many of you, I've allowed a glimmer of optimism to penetrate the gloom of my West Ham-supporting life this summer. But as each day goes by, I'm becoming more and more uneasy. Is this a new dawn, or is it EXACTLY the same as the last four or five windows?

The evidence:
New manager. We all know what Pellegrini can do. But then... when did he last do it? Is he the best manager we've ever had, or an ageing has-been on his last payday before retirement?
Spod rating: Jury's out.

What we need. Same as the last few windows, we desperately need a DM. I can't think of one we've seriously been linked with. Are we going to ignore this glaring gap in our squad again?
Spod rating: Not looking good.

Sullivan meddling.
So far, just the one signing. Fredericks, who was identified long before Pellegrini rocked up.
Spod rating: Smells fishy to me.

Freebies and loans.
This board can not resist a free transfer. Free signings so far - 1. Fee signings so far: 0.
Spod rating: Beginning to roll eyes.

Aiming high, and missing.
Bacca. Lacazette. Batshuayi. James Rodriguez (remember that one?). All very exciting targets. Number actually signed: 0.
Spod rating: Definitely, definitely not liking the way this is going.

I've got a bad feeling about this.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 242 likes
Total likes: 477 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

Puff Daddy wrote:I spent hours yesterday pondering how Wolves managed to sign Rui Patricio who is on World Cup duty for Portugal. Did he fly over to attend his medical and complete the paperwork and fly back to Russia again all on the same day ? I cant think of any other way it could've been done
My Wolves supporting mate was talking about this signing a few months ago. It's not something that has suddenly happened.
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

From L'Equipe re Pastore:

‘the entourage of the player has never had contact with the English club and has always favoured Italy, the country of his wife.’

http://sportwitness.co.uk/players-entou ... te-claims/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pathetic
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

southendmadhammer wrote:From L'Equipe re Pastore:

‘the entourage of the player has never had contact with the English club and has always favoured Italy, the country of his wife.’

http://sportwitness.co.uk/players-entou ... te-claims/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pathetic
What makes that newpaper source any more reliable than any other newspaper? Wasn't it a journalist from there that claimed that Diop had his medical yesterday?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I think we have concluded our summer business now. Good window chaps. Now let’s look forward to the winter window. :thup: