Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 49 days remaining

Post by Colours never run »

98 in 250 Club games and 17 in 39 games for Serbia says he is by the age of 23, if you just wanna go on stats. Not that, that's all he offers.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Judging players on the WC has proven risky over the years.

Whilst Mexico and Hernandez were goood today I was more impressed by the Germany game if for no other reason than the German team was probably a very high Premiership standard. Put the Korean team in the Premier League and overall I suspect they would struggle, not concede a lot but not score many either.

There have been calls for Shaqiri and certainly against Serbia I thought he played well but my concerns are more over his week in week out contributions in a struggling team in the Premier League.

Lukaku has scored 4 goals against two very average sides in Panama and Tunisia who I doubt would survive in the Premier League, the test is when players play well against the good sides.

Let’s face it who would advocate buying Messi on the two performances so far but equally you can see his despair that the Argentinian midfield has a pace, movement and passing ability about the level of ours and light years behind what he is used to. We all know Lanzini is a good player but generally doubted he would get much game time. It was interesting listening to Vickery that his injury was seen as a huge blow as he was the player seen as the link to Messi and Aguero.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

You're right wig, scoring wise he weren't even that bad in the Prem 1st season, it's just his indiscipline over shadowed it somewhat which did have a negative effect on their season at the time. I think he's gone some way to getting back on track for both club and country since his 1st couple of seasons at Newcastle though.

I also think the last few years for Clhis Country he's been banging them in for fun. 23 he's not even close to his prime yet and I'm intrigued as to see how he gets on from here.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

durham city hammer wrote:Who says we can only afford £35m for a marquee signing ??
Certainly wasn't David Sullivan.
You trying to give him apoplexy? :D
SRXT
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by SRXT »

sizza wrote:Ever Banega wants to leave Sevilla and would be a great replacement for Lanzini

http://www.estadiodeportivo.com/sevilla ... 69708.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Old and slow and shouldn't be playing for Argentina.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Anderson would be great for us. Pace and skill on the left side. Jinxed said 90% didn’t he? What is it 3 days later 90.2%?

I’m afraid my gut feeling it’s all a load of cobblers. 40 million on a single player? Can’t see the owners having the desire to do that. More likely some freebies on massive wages with the usual bs about wages and agents fees.
Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal »

[quote="Hammersfaniow"]The Telegraph reporting that Anderson’s wage demands are putting us off plus the fact Lazio are now looking for more than the original fee agreed.

Goes against all the latest from various journalists in Italy suggesting all agreed apart from the sell on clauses. Players personal terms said to have been settled days ago. This is getting messier than an Argentine World Cup
experience in Russia.
JohnSissonsWasMyHero

Post by JohnSissonsWasMyHero »

Hammersfaniow wrote:The Telegraph reporting that Anderson’s wage demands are putting us off plus the fact Lazio are now looking for more than the original fee agreed.

Time to move in methinks
Fake news.

There's nothing like that on the Telegraph website. The last article about Anderson there is dated 4 days ago and is entitled "West Ham confident of signing Lazio winger Felipe Anderson for club-record £35m fee".
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Indeed the players demands supposedly sorted for days and now apparently in dispute what the hell can you believe as a West Ham fan.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

JohnSissonsWasMyHero wrote:
Fake news.

There's nothing like that on the Telegraph website. The last article about Anderson there is dated 4 days ago and is entitled "West Ham confident of signing Lazio winger Felipe Anderson for club-record £35m fee".
Apologies, The Express:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... urs-gossip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
leer34
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by leer34 »

Italian source completely contradicting that report.
Over 20k followers and a decent source for Italian football

https://amp.calciomercato.com/news/west ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

When a deal such as this has been dragged out in the press for weeks, they can pretty much print what they want, just shows that none of them really know what's going on, and that's the way it should be.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

leer34 wrote:Italian source completely contradicting that report.
Over 20k followers and a decent source for Italian football

https://amp.calciomercato.com/news/west ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Let’s hope this is true then. Fed up with all this to and fro. Get it done or if they’re messing about, walk away
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Assuming Anderson signs, the weight of expectation is going to be massive.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Il Tempo in Italy saying we want a €60m double deal involving Lukaku Jnr.

Having our pants pulled down, if this is true. We are going to be this summer's Everton at this rate.

Fanatik in Turkey (not the most reliable) credit us with yet another interest in a fairly small, right footed centre back - Jason Denayer.

Well, at least Scott Arfield got a free transfer to Scotland so we can scrub him from our world class team that is going to be playing like Barcelona next year..
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Hammersfaniow wrote:Apologies, The Express:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... urs-gossip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's saying the holdup is Lazio though, not the player.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

He’s just over 6ft. Is 6ft fairly small? What an awful start to my day
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I'm hoping we grab Izzo for under 10 million. I think that would be a shrewd buy. Not sure about Lukaku... I really don't know anything about him. Didn't even know he existed until we were linked with him. Can one of our Italian football experts give me the low-down?
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote:Fanatik in Turkey (not the most reliable) credit us with yet another interest in a fairly small, right footed centre back - Jason Denayer.
Purchased by Pellegrini at Man City.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Hammersfaniow wrote:Apologies, The Express:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... urs-gossip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Even that article was based on hearsay from another's b*llocks source, London news.