Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 26 days remaining

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Hayden wrote:Breaking news: Atlantis FC (Finland) have made a bid for Pedro Obiang.
I thought they went under?
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

They were interested but that deal is now dead in the water.
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Rasp »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:If Marko stays I'm putting a bet on him finishing Premier League Top Scorer .
Our best hope since John Hartson .
That is not a bad shout to be honest.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

Whole bunch of different rags today reporting Arnie's up for sale? I know we've suspected that for months, but Ex is still denying it as of a few hours ago and I'm just not convinced GSB would actively try to sell. I think they would take the right bid, but they sure as **** wouldn't put our best player in the shop window and offer him out to anyone and everyone. That'd be the easiest way to kill all the goodwill earned this window.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:If a 'big' club comes in for Arnie at the back end of the window, there is likely not much we can do to keep him if he wants to go. (we could keep him against his will, but that never really works out well...)

However, if we do sell him last minute then it doesn't definitely mean the owners plan was to use his sale to fund the transfer outlay
Agreed. Even I wouldn't credit them with that trick. I mean spend all this money on the back of selling Arnie yet play him in a meaningless friendly (risking injury), and have him on the shop front sporting our latest kit in a prominent manner, it would all be about coming back with a slight knock and letting him recover and being allergic to the new shirt material or some such excuses. I mean what would happen if the sale falls through for whatever reason, after all no top English club would commit until and unless their real targets fall through late on and no foreign club despite their normal tactic of mouthing off about such matters has so far done so. If he goes, it will be because a big club wants something late to fill an unwanted/unexpected void in their plan and that is not a plan that our beloved owner would rely on to refill his wallet while risking the very golden egg that he plans to do it with on the pitch. He may fear losing Arnie in the end but he certainly has not I feel planned everything around it being the vital ingredient or he would have already gone or at least be secretly missing from service.
MooresTheHero
Has liked: 1226 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by MooresTheHero »

Hayden wrote:Breaking news: Atlantis FC (Finland) have made a bid for Pedro Obiang.
Breaking News. The man from Atlantis wants to smoke Pedro Obiang .
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

http://www.claretandhugh.info/furious-i ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't think you can get much clearer than this -

A highly placed insider said: “This is 100% not true, Marko will not be sold under any circumstances whatsoever.”
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

NeverSayDie wrote:
A highly placed insider said: “This is 100% not true, Marko will not be sold under any circumstances whatsoever.”
Not even the board are in a position to say that. And even if that's their intention, why not come out and state it themselves categorically (or via the DoF)? Why let it be unsubstantiated rumour?
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

the celestial insect wrote:
Not even the board are in a position to say that. And even if that's their intention, why not come out and state it themselves categorically (or via the DoF)? Why let it be unsubstantiated rumour?
It's a stance mate and they don't need to say anything officially cos it's just another bull**** rumour, just like the Man Utd one was as well. If they had to present a statement everytime something reported in the media was false they'd get nothing else done, as it is they've done their jobs this summer and very well too despite the fact that once again they've lost 3 senior players to long-term injuries.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

the celestial insect wrote: Not even the board are in a position to say that. And even if that's their intention, why not come out and state it themselves categorically (or via the DoF)? Why let it be unsubstantiated rumour?
Because if they say it themselves and then Man Utd drop £90 million on them, then what?

I think we can all agree that an insane offer for any of our players would be accepted.

If Man Utd offered us £80 million for Arnie, he’s replaceable and more with that money as long as it’s invested.
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

NeverSayDie wrote:http://www.claretandhugh.info/furious-i ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I thought Claret & Hugh gets everything wrong, which must then mean we should be worried?
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

General question: what sites do people use for keeping up-to-date with all Premiership transfer news? Are the likes of SkySports, BBC and maybe Teamtalk the best?

I find that I'm so immersed in West Ham transfer news only that I'm completely oblivious to who's signing who in the rest of the league.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Already owe £20 to the BMF for the Anderson signing, will top it up to £30 if Arnie is still here at the end of all transfer windows.
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

steveyrockstar wrote: I thought Claret & Hugh gets everything wrong, which must then mean we should be worried?
Maybe in the past but certainly not this window, they've nailed everything to the wall right down to agent fees/wages the works.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

somerset-hammer wrote:Already owe £20 to the BMF for the Anderson signing, will top it up to £30 if Arnie is still here at the end of all transfer windows.

I will be paying out for anything over £30m net spend.......The higher it is, the more I pay.

On a personal level I think the selling of Arnie is looking quite attractive.....Image
S-H

Post by S-H »

NeverSayDie wrote:
Maybe in the past but certainly not this window, they've nailed everything to the wall right down to agent fees/wages the works.
Do you write for C&H? Only last week you were blowing smoke up Sean Whetstone's backside, as far as I'm aware they get very little correct.
S-H

Post by S-H »

DC :D
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

somerset-hammer wrote:
Do you write for C&H? Only last week you were blowing smoke up Sean Whetstone's backside, as far as I'm aware they get very little correct.
No and the rest doesn't even warrant a reply.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

NeverSayDie wrote:http://www.claretandhugh.info/furious-i ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clearer than what, I'm pretty sure the club and Hugh said that Payet wasn't for sale at any price and then proceeded to work behind the scenes to flog him to Marseille
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Claiming Claret & Hugh break exclusive West Ham news :lol: it’s purely guesswork and rehashing.