West Ham Utd 1-2 Bournemouth (18/08/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Bournemouth: match thread (18/8)

Post by hammerman11 »

This will be a hard game as usual against this lot.

however we must start on the front foot and be confident. I would go unchanged but reckon Antonio and rice will be dropped for yarmolenko and obiang.

would be great to have a resounding goal win and banish the scouse result.

another must win game so early on !
OnePaulHilton
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by OnePaulHilton »

Can someone do a list of the "must win" games, so that I know what they are.
Thank you.
Ercans
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Ercans »

As exposed as Noble got last week, this type of game has got him written all over him. B'mouth as much as it pains me as they are a snidey team, are decent and we need Noble to pull the players together as this one is going to be tight.

head says 1-1, heart says win
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

OnePaulHilton wrote:Can someone do a list of the "must win" games, so that I know what they are.
Thank you.
If you go on the official site and click Fixtures and Results, that should give you the list
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

If he is fit and can last 90 I have to wonder if Obiang will start.
IMHO it threw the whole side for a collective wobbly when he got injured back in Jan. Didn't realize what an issue it was until he wasn't there.
Will be very interested to see what our new gaffer thinks of him.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Our squad of 20 looks really strong on paper, our manager is proven, our fans are a plenty and can be extremely loud. Surely at some point the results will reflect all of the above ?

P.s. The only thing that did strike me as a disappointment looking at that squad of 20 was that only 5 are from the British Isles. We're not the only ones like this either ! Not a healthy situation for British professional Footballers.
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

richneal wrote:If he is fit and can last 90 I have to wonder if Obiang will start.
IMHO it threw the whole side for a collective wobbly when he got injured back in Jan. Didn't realize what an issue it was until he wasn't there.
Will be very interested to see what our new gaffer thinks of him.
Me too. He's an enigma. He's got it all. Can score great goals, passes superbly, carries the ball well and can tackle wonderfully. He should be the heart of the midfield but seems to drift out of games and doesn't impose himself. I'm not sure he's the answer to our DM problem but I'd love it if he came good but I suspect he's going to shuffle off to the edge of the squad....
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Ercans wrote:As exposed as Noble got last week, this type of game has got him written all over him. B'mouth as much as it pains me as they are a snidey team, are decent and we need Noble to pull the players together as this one is going to be tight.

head says 1-1, heart says win
This exactly, Bournemouth is a snidey team, who will be knocking Arnie etc. about and cheating whenever they can. If we can stay disciplined and focused and we don't get too many decisions going against us we should win this.
Alcaucin Ammef
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Alcaucin Ammef »

Does anyone know if this is being televised/streamed? I cant find the streaming thread.
Ta.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

Rays Rock wrote:Our squad of 20 looks really strong on paper, our manager is proven, our fans are a plenty and can be extremely loud. Surely at some point the results will reflect all of the above ?

P.s. The only thing that did strike me as a disappointment looking at that squad of 20 was that only 5 are from the British Isles. We're not the only ones like this either ! Not a healthy situation for British professional Footballers.
It's a difficult topic, but lets be honest, the PL is only what it is because of the talent of foreign players and managers within it. Most British players and managers (certainly English ones) aren't good enough to play or manage in the PL. Whether that's down to development of players or how they're taught to play the game, I suppose that's another debate.

But if you look at British managers like Moyes, Allardyce, Pardew etc, they do not have the technical capability to match those of your Guardiolas, Pochettinos, Klopps. Of course you still have Hodgson and Sean Dyche but lets be honest, would you want either of those two managing your football club? The games changed.

However, I must say, in regards to English players this may change with the younger ones growing up with the pace and tempo of the premier league (You look at Alli, RLC, Lingaard etc), and the same may go for English managers in the future who played with the pace and tempo of the premier league.

I remember Redknapp saying 'Why have West Ham gone for Pellegrini when they could have gone for Sean Dyche or Stuart Pearce?' just because they weren't foreign. Remarkable really. :lol:
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

ex
There are three changes to the first team. Two I agree with, one I am unsure on. One player drops out of the match day team and subs completely. ⚒⚒

If it's Antonio drops out I'm not really bothered
If it's Rice then a massive shame
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

I dreamt we drew 1-1-. :cry:
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Hernández in for Antonio
Yarma in for Rice and Cresswell in for Masuaku

4222 back to the tactics he likes for a home game Infront of a full house.

Let's get this season started.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

SAVE OUR SEASON!
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Based on Ex still leaking team news for literally no reason:

Fabianski
Fredericks, Diop, Ogbonna, Masuaku
Noble Wilshere
Anderson Snodgrass Yarmolenko
Arnautovic

Balbuena, Rice and Antonio dropped.

Ex is unsure of playing Snodgrass over Rice.

Balbuena not on the bench as Rice and Zabaleta are already there. Diop starts due to the pace Bournemouth have and Pellegrini expecting them to hit us on the counter.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 771 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Alcaucin Ammef wrote:Does anyone know if this is being televised/streamed? I cant find the streaming thread.
Ta.
http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 4#p5292764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris_
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chris_ »

thejackhammer wrote:Based on Ex still leaking team news for literally no reason:

Fabianski
Fredericks, Diop, Ogbonna, Masuaku
Noble Wilshere
Anderson Snodgrass Yarmolenko
Arnautovic

Balbuena, Rice and Antonio dropped.

Ex is unsure of playing Snodgrass over Rice.

Balbuena not on the bench as Rice and Zabaleta are already there. Diop starts due to the pace Bournemouth have and Pellegrini expecting them to hit us on the counter.
What are you basing this on?

All Ex has said is “There are three changes to the first team. Two I agree with, one I am unsure on. One player drops out of the match day team and subs completely.”

Am I missing something?
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Could be that cresswell returns and masuaku doesn't make the sub bench
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

And rice being dropped for whoever could be the one he's not sure about. Yarmolenko will be in...

All depends on formation. I suspect he'll go attacking rather than shoring up the midfield. If he decides to play wilshere deep then Rice may be replaced by snodgrass, perez, or hernandez.
Monkey Mike
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Monkey Mike »

miles wrote:I dreamt we drew 1-1-. :cry:
Last week I dreamt we lost 3-1 to Liverpool. Turns out I was having a wet dream compared to what actually happened.