Lucas Pérez

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Lucas Pérez

Postby Ozza on Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Ben wrote:
agree but I do think it's a little weird that a substitution is decided by who is ready first :eh:

It is, although I'm thinking he wanted Arnie off quick to wrap him up and minimise the injury getting worse, also didn't want to lose momentum on the match, so it (sort of) makes sense to me....
Ozza

Postby scatts on Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:55 pm

A mountain over a molehill? Come on, it’s not rocket surgery!

I hope I’m wrong but I think Perez is going to be one of those players who comes here, hangs around a bit, does nothing much and then leaves. Too long a list to give examples.
scatts

Postby Crossd_Hammrs on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:03 pm

I think we all might have overlooked something about the Arnautovic substitution.
Arnie and Tosun both received on-field treatment and so had to leave the pitch until the ref waves them back on which would be after Everton's free-kick is taken.
Tosun was ready to come back on, halfway into the West Ham half waiting, while the fourth official explained to him (presumably) not to re-enter the pitch until signalled.
Arnie had gone to the dugout but stayed on the pitch. Antonio didn't have a shirt on. The linesman tells Arnie to leave the pitch but he protests, buying Antonio time to get ready. While Pellegrini gesticulates to the ref that he wants to make a substitution, his assistant fetches the board and takes it to the fourth official :lol: who is running back. The substitution is made and Antonio is given time to take up a defensive position before the free-kick is taken.

The end result was that we had eleven on the pitch (all in our penalty area) defending the free kick while Everton were temporarily a man short.
Pretty shrewd.

After the ball goes out Sky's camera cuts to the Everton manager looking pretty disgruntled as he discusses something with the fourth official.
Crossd_Hammrs

Postby Cellar-door on Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Ozza wrote:

It is, although I'm thinking he wanted Arnie off quick to wrap him up and minimise the injury getting worse, also didn't want to lose momentum on the match, so it (sort of) makes sense to me....

Everton had also just gotten a freekick in a dangerous area. Made sense to rush the substitution rather than be down a man for an attacking set piece and it's aftermath.
Cellar-door

Postby Hammersfaniow on Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:17 pm

I think we’re reading far too much into nothing here
Hammersfaniow

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:31 am

He definitely had the bollock-ache about something.

Why wasnt he the next sub on then, when Snodgrass offered to come on? Overlooked twice.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby hammerman11 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:36 am

he will get his chance next week against Macclesfield. he needs to put a shift in as last time he played he did nothing .

MP is trying to get the hunger passion back in our game. our lazy lot will have to put a shift in when they get a chance to stay in the team or contention for the subs bench.
hammerman11

Postby thejackhammer on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:35 am

I’d start him as part of the front three if Arnautovic doesn’t make it against Chelsea
thejackhammer

Postby Smonnie on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:34 pm

westham,eggyandchips wrote:He definitely had the bollock-ache about something.

Why wasnt he the next sub on then, when Snodgrass offered to come on? Overlooked twice.

See, this is what I think happened. He got the arse-ache when Antonio came on ahead of him, and so didn't want to come on for the next sub.

I don't buy the 'official' version.
Smonnie

Postby Sloop John B on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:43 pm

The next sub was Snodgrass for Yarmolenko on 82 minutes, a tactical more defensive switch. It's a common and logical decision to close the game out.

People are obviously free to believe what they want but I think you're spinning your wheels on this one.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason

Postby swash on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Regardless as to what happened, I am much happier for MP to deal with it behind closed doors, rather than publicly, which would just lead to more negative press coverage.

If he has been a twat, then I'm sure he will be fined and/or left out of the next squad, whatever MP feels is appropriate, but the rest of the world doesn't need to know about it.
swash

Postby bobcar on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Once Antonio was on then the next sub was likely to be someone other than Perez, why do you think the substitute Pellegrini was going to use earlier is likely to be the same one later under different circumstances?
bobcar

Postby goa127 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:46 pm

shame he wasn't overlooked today, contributed little.
goa127

Postby djbubbles on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:56 pm

Did Wenger pay £17 million for him?
djbubbles

Postby sendô on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:01 pm

It's funny, last weekend he apparently had the hump he didn't come on. Today he's brought on and seemed like he had the hump he was - he looked largely disinterested and didn't seem to want to run in a game where surely he must have known he'd have to do a lot of grafting? :eh:
sendô

Postby Tristan Shout on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:03 pm

Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"

Postby bubbles1966 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Let's see how he does on Wednesday.

The forwards were scrounging around on 20odd percent possession.
bubbles1966

Location: It's December.....time to forget the serious things...merry Xmas all

Postby Westbourne Bill on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:13 pm

Ray Parlour said in midweek that at Arsenal he was known as having a “difficult” personality.
Westbourne Bill

Postby Tristan Shout on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Westbourne Bill wrote:Ray Parlour said in midweek that at Arsenal he was known as having a “difficult” personality.

***** attitude as its known, he looks lazy and disinterested to me
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"

Postby arlhe on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:35 pm

I might actually give him half a dozen starts before writing him off.
arlhe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion