Women's team

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Women's team

Postby Ironing Board on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Vic_Watson wrote:Those high heels must cause havoc to the baize.

“Where’s the cueball going?”
Ironing Board

Postby kitthehammer on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:09 am

Personal likes and gripes re womens football:
1. I was watching womens football many years ago.
2. No problem with women playing but i do have a problem with it all being done on the coat tails of the mens game after men have been ridiculed and chastised for supporting football financially for the past 100 years+.
3. I wonder if like when having a girlfriend or wife, that male ability to tune out automatically when they start
talking, kicks in with female presenters, pundits and commentators? I seem to either ignore them or they totally grate on me. Some male ones might be annoying but not to the point of turning off because it feels like i'm having my skull drilled. It's not their gender or knowledge, it's the pitch of voice and some being falsely over-emotional.
4. Most of the match going female football fans i know don't like womens football.
5. I dislike PC product placing and the need to quite obviously impose social politics in such a way,
particularly the BBC, by insisting on sometimes uninformed female presenters. And the BBC push it to be PC and because they can't afford the mens game and try and sell it as a cheap alternative. Some female presenters are knowledgeable, sorry but most aren't.
6. By having a female presenter it seems to totally kill any banter between the men, like having a priest in the room.
kitthehammer

Postby HeadHammerShark on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:09 am

What we really need is a thread for people who like women's football and want to support the women representing West Ham, and a separate thread for people who don't have anything against women, or women playing football, and none of this is gender based at all but desperately feel the need to log in and tell us how **** women's football is .

For the (distressingly high) number of posters on here who seem to have absolutely no concept of how male privilege works please take two minutes to read the link below. It's really not just as simple as saying "Women's football is crap".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/16/football-banned-women-clare-baldings-new-documentary-fa-outlawing/
HeadHammerShark

Postby Tenbury on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:49 am

Who needs the Telegraph when you can read my posts?

Seriously, if you'd come up with that a bit sooner would have saved pages of crap. :thup:
Tenbury

Postby kitthehammer on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:22 pm

HeadHammerShark wrote:What we really need is a thread for people who like women's football and want to support the women representing West Ham, and a separate thread for people who don't have anything against women, or women playing football, and none of this is gender based at all but desperately feel the need to log in and tell us how **** women's football is .

For the (distressingly high) number of posters on here who seem to have absolutely no concept of how male privilege works please take two minutes to read the link below. It's really not just as simple as saying "Women's football is crap".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/16/football-banned-women-clare-baldings-new-documentary-fa-outlawing/

Sorry but there are plenty of area's where men definitely aren't privileged and the male privilege concept is being used to deny men help in such taboo subjects as family courts, child contact denial, social housing, suicide and mental health, male victims of domestic and violent abuse and plenty more. But you carry on believing that all men are having a great time and we should only concentrate on how women's football is faring.
kitthehammer

Postby Up the Junction on Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:02 pm

kitthehammer wrote:Sorry but there are plenty of area's where men definitely aren't privileged...

And this is relevant to a thread on women's football because..?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Vic_Watson on Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Sorry to talk about the Women's team, but I was surprised to see that our tall centre-forward Ellie Zoepfl was let go. She looked our best player from the little I saw last year. I think she even won an award.
Vic_Watson

Postby Adrianisournumber1 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:37 pm

I am going to see Newhaven Ladies in the FA cup sunday a mate of mine plays for them, have a look at the prize money for the fa cup v the men and see why the game isnt growing, get to the quarter final of the fa cup in ladies you will make less than a fa cup qualifier in the mens game.

Can slag the womens game off all you like but the way women are treated in football is disgusting
Adrianisournumber1

Postby Lee_WHU on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:46 pm

Vic_Watson wrote:Sorry to talk about the Women's team, but I was surprised to see that our tall centre-forward Ellie Zoepfl was let go. She looked our best player from the little I saw last year. I think she even won an award.

Aye, she won the women's player of the year at the award ceremony. Not sure what's gone on there, if anything, or if she just wasn't settled? Who knows.
Lee_WHU

Postby Ironing Board on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:54 pm

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:I am going to see Newhaven Ladies in the FA cup sunday a mate of mine plays for them, have a look at the prize money for the fa cup v the men and see why the game isnt growing, get to the quarter final of the fa cup in ladies you will make less than a fa cup qualifier in the mens game.

Can slag the womens game off all you like but the way women are treated in football is disgusting

Prize money is determined by cash and sponsorship generated, which is based on interest in the tournament.

If you go the other way, like tennis, you essentially have the men’s game subsidizing the women’s.
Ironing Board

Postby hammerman11 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:31 am

it will never be the same as the mens game as less physical, slower and lack of interest.

its different which is fine but please lets not pretend that if money is thrown at it or its shown on TV more it will ever be as the same as the mens game.

not sexist but a fact. same as the tennis its different !

I wish WHU ladies all the best and look forward to another parade of a cup around the bowl as the men wont be doing it any time soon, I am afraid
hammerman11

Postby Adrianisournumber1 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:26 am

Vic_Watson wrote:Sorry to talk about the Women's team, but I was surprised to see that our tall centre-forward Ellie Zoepfl was let go. She looked our best player from the little I saw last year. I think she even won an award.

We jumped up 2 leagues and the standard now is just way above what we where playing last year, i am not sure we have any players left from last season do we?
Adrianisournumber1

Postby HeadHammerShark on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:54 am

Prize money is determined by cash and sponsorship generated, which is based on interest in the tournament.

If you go the other way, like tennis, you essentially have the men’s game subsidizing the women’s.

That's one way to look at it.

Another is to say that the Football Association of England has, for over one hundred years, promoted and supported fifty percent of their members to the detriment of the other half. And now it is being forced, quite rightly, to make reparations.

After over a century of sucking up all available resource, time, media and money - mens football is being forced to share what belongs to all footballers in this country. Viewed that way, women are no longer being asked to subsidise men (to such an extent - they still are, in a very real way).

Adrians - the only player left from last year is Rosie Kmita, I think. It would have been a huge jump for the others.
HeadHammerShark

Postby Adrianisournumber1 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:21 am

Ironing board just sounds like he has massive grudge for the womens game, and sadly this thread should be about championing what is womens football and not mocking it, if your daughters played for west ham i bet you be singing it out with pride.

Womens fa cup prize money
Prize fund 2018-19
Preliminary Round winners (53) £325
First Round Qualifying winners (73) £375
Second Round Qualifying winners (60) £450
Third Round Qualifying winners (30) £600
First Round winners (15) £850
Second Round winners (20) £900
Third Round winners (10) £1,000
Fourth Round winners (16) £2,000
Fifth Round winners (8) £3,000
Quarter final winners (4) £4,000
Semi-Final winners (2) £5,000
Final runners-up (1) £15,000
Final winners (1) £25,000

Mens money
Extra preliminary round winners (184) £2,250 Losers receive £750
Preliminary round winners (160) £2,890 Losers receive £960
First round qualifying winners (116) £6,000
Second Round Qualifying winners (80) £9,000
Third Round Qualifying winners (40) £15,000
Fourth Round Qualifying winners (32) £25,000
First Round Proper winners (40) £36,000
Second Round Proper winners (20) £54,000
Third Round Proper winners (32) £135,500
Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £180,000
Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £360,000
Quarter-Final winners (4) £720,000
Semi-Final winners (2) £1,800,000
Semi-Final losers (2) £900,000
Final runners-up (1) £1,800,000
Final winners (1) £3,600,000

The prize money in the buildbase fa trophy is better than that of the womens fa cup. starting at the prelems of 3,000 and winners getting 60,000

And the same for the fa vase is better money for the men game than the womens http://www.thefa.com/competitions/fa-va ... prize-fund" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sadly the FA still dont care about the womens game, it has a better audience than most of the fa vase and trophy in that the women fa cup is televised at times, yet they cant get a sponsorship deal on par with the fa trophy for god sake. Marketing needs to pull its finger out clearly
Adrianisournumber1

Postby Ironing Board on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:54 pm

HeadHammerShark wrote:

That's one way to look at it.

Another is to say that the Football Association of England has, for over one hundred years, promoted and supported fifty percent of their members to the detriment of the other half. And now it is being forced, quite rightly, to make reparations.

After over a century of sucking up all available resource, time, media and money - mens football is being forced to share what belongs to all footballers in this country. Viewed that way, women are no longer being asked to subsidise men (to such an extent - they still are, in a very real way).

Adrians - the only player left from last year is Rosie Kmita, I think. It would have been a huge jump for the others.

Having a separate women's FA makes sense. This allowed the WTA to do well, as it has its own events, promotes its own stars and is focused purely on the female players.

Scrapping the WFA was shortsighted and I believe did the women’s game no favours.
Ironing Board

Postby Ironing Board on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:06 pm

There is still a lot of interest in the FA Vase at the local level. A lot of sponsorship will come in from businesses wanting to support the local team, and get the publicity that goes with it in the local press. And the FA Vase winners get 30,000, so it is hardly a substantial difference.

A small town winning the FA Vase will mean more to them than Man City cleaning up in the women’s game. Also these women’s teams are full time pros, while FA Vase teams are only semi-pro, so you are not giving a fair comparison
Last edited by Up the Junction on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote removed.
Ironing Board

Postby Adrianisournumber1 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Most teams from the National league south will operate on a almost professional level the average wage packet of a Bostick prem player is around £400 a week, for training once a week and playing once or twice a week.

There are only 12 essentially professional ladies clubs in the country maybe 13 with Man Utd, your argument is flawed when you say a club of part timers should earn more than a fa cup comp.

You sexism just rings out, just say you dont like ladies football and you dont think they should be treated any where near equally as that what smell your giving off.

I believe in equality and always will, i dont want the womens game to go the same as the mens for many reasons one is that the premier league is so out of touch with its fans base that it would be so disappointing if the womens game went that way.
Adrianisournumber1

Postby Ironing Board on Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:Most teams from the National league south will operate on a almost professional level the average wage packet of a Bostick prem player is around £400 a week, for training once a week and playing once or twice a week.

There are only 12 essentially professional ladies clubs in the country maybe 13 with Man Utd, your argument is flawed when you say a club of part timers should earn more than a fa cup comp.

You sexism just rings out, just say you dont like ladies football and you dont think they should be treated any where near equally as that what smell your giving off.

I believe in equality and always will, i dont want the womens game to go the same as the mens for many reasons one is that the premier league is so out of touch with its fans base that it would be so disappointing if the womens game went that way.

All I say is that the game should run on its own merits. It has been running for years with very low interest and now we have the super league. If it continues to garner the same level of interest then the media should give it the appropriate level of coverage and stop trying to ram it down our throats.The BBC were listing women’s fixture just after Premier League games and above the Lower leagues, Scottish leagues etc. I am pretty sure Rangers, Celtic and Sunderland combined alone draw more in terms of online traffic and attendances than the whole women’s game.
Ironing Board

Postby Adrianisournumber1 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:31 am

Arsenal away for the ladies today, be a big test to see where they are
Adrianisournumber1

Postby aaronhammer on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:40 am

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:Arsenal away for the ladies today, be a big test to see where they are

Well hopefully Arsenal away otherwise we’d have to concede the game :wink:
aaronhammer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion