Jan Transfer Window 18/19

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Re: Jan Transfer Window 18/19

Post by Albie Beck »

bubbs, I've always considered RLC a bit immature. That may be a result of his lack of pitch time, but I think his decision-making can be suspect. After yesterday, if given a choice (IF) I'd rather Cairney.

martello - at one time I'd have liked Wanyama, but he's not really a Pellers player is he? - not technical enough?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

He reminds me of Andros Townsend in one respect Alb, he really looks like he ought to be the part in a position....but there's something not completely there.

That said, six goals in twelve games for Chelsea this year..isn't to be sniffed at.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

True bubbs - maybe more playing time has made a difference. He's 3 years (?) older than Declan though, and behind him in development, imo.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

My_Sobriquet wrote: CBs are very good and we have back up.
Do we? :think:

I think we've been very fortunate that I.D. & The General have not picked up any injuries or suspensions.

Ogbonna was terrible in the League Cup v Spurs. In practical terms Reece Oxford isn't even a 1st team squad member anymore and wants out.. Rice is a DM now. Reid sounds ready for the knacker's yard.

If we do unravel this season I think this is where it could happen.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1986 likes
Total likes: 1662 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Oggie's last game he was brilliant...unlucky to be dropped but the usual yardstick is you don't lose your place to injury.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Bring Jonjo Shelvey home? A few months ago there was a campaign for him to go to the World Cup. By far their best player last season, he's back from injury @ Newcastle to find that Ki owns his shirt.
His game suits our style, spraying balls wide to Anderson / Snodders, or into the channels for Arnautovic.
Not on a massive wage and I didn't realise he's still only 26. I suspect he'd be up for it.

I wouldn't mind swapping Aaron Cresswell for Kieron Gibbs either - another who would thrive under Pelligrini..
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

The January window has most clubs “linked” by the press with a number of very high value signings - absent some special circumstance such as the players contract expiring few high value moves happen and it is usually a number of loans (perhaps fewer this year as there is not a tournament in the summer for “fringe” international players to worry about) and the bottom teams buying players to try to get out of trouble.

Unless we can buy a player in January who would be MP’s first choice in his position to buy in the summer then I would rather keep the money to then and go for the first choice not buy a second or third choice now. £30m spent now (if we have it) is £30m we cannot spend then. We have gaps that we can cover by loan to see us through, we look safe for the season and the summer is the time to reassess when we know more on the injuries.
My_Sobriquet
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by My_Sobriquet »

WestHamIFC wrote:Bring Jonjo Shelvey home? A few months ago there was a campaign for him to go to the World Cup. By far their best player last season, he's back from injury @ Newcastle to find that Ki owns his shirt.
His game suits our style, spraying balls wide to Anderson / Snodders, or into the channels for Arnautovic.
Not on a massive wage and I didn't realise he's still only 26. I suspect he'd be up for it.

I wouldn't mind swapping Aaron Cresswell for Kieron Gibbs either - another who would thrive under Pelligrini..
There’s a reason he doesn’t get in a poor Newcastle side. He’s a similar player to noble and no better. Not what we need in CM at all in my opinion.

Doucoure would be my choice if we are going to try and take a central midfielder off one of our peers.
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Quite a few PL manager already on record saying they won’t be buying in January.

Reckon it will be a quiet one all round.
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

If I had to guess we’ll sign Koutris, as we continue to scout him, sell Oxford, loan outvPerez, and if we are lucky get Pereira and or Loftus-Cheek on a loan to buy.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

The best time to strengthen and progress as a club is when it is doing well. West Ham rarely do this, they just make do with short term loans and then only if relegation looms.

When you are an attractive proposition you can attract decent players without having to vastly over pay on wages which is what we usually have to resort to doing out of desperation.

The right player in the right position may not be available in January but if they are they should be bought, not "wait until the summer"
brothernero
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by brothernero »

Read the other day that we are one of a few clubs looking at Victor Moses now that Chelsea has said he can leave.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

I like Moses, tailed away a lot towards the end of his stint but as a owned player as opposed to loaned I think he would thrive under Pellegrini
hamagram
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hamagram »

There won't be a better bargain to be had in the January sales...
Mancini has reportedly put a £30mil price tag on Lanzinis DM friend Leandro Parades.
Please send the South American delegation to Russia for a word.
IMO a Payet, that defends
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
waynepin
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by waynepin »

with Nasri looking like he will sign and Wilshire and Lanzini to return I think we will only sign if we sell someone, Oxford looks the only one who may go, it will be at the end of the season clubs may start sniffing round Arnie and Diop, maybe even Anderson if his form continues
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

I really don't rate Moses. I am not Husillos or Pellegrini so it doesn't matter :)
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Kialos wrote:I like Moses, tailed away a lot towards the end of his stint but as a owned player as opposed to loaned I think he would thrive under Pellegrini
Do we really need yet another winger? Not a priority..
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Victor Moses was successful for Chelsea as a right wingback rather than right full back wasn’t he?

Regarding left back - there was lots of talk in Italy about us being keen on Diego Laxalt. Doesn’t look like he’s been first choice at Milan - wonder if he’d be a target in the summer again if we don’t sort left back in January.
IlGallo
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by IlGallo »

hamagram wrote:There won't be a better bargain to be had in the January sales...
Mancini has reportedly put a £30mil price tag on Lanzinis DM friend Leandro Parades.
Just signing Lanzini's mates would probably be a decent transfer strategy. I'd take Giovanni Simeone to replace Chicharito if he goes too.