Jan Transfer Window 18/19

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Re: Jan Transfer Window 18/19

Post by upton o'good »

YorksHammer wrote:Said it before, but if we have been looking at and scouting Gomez, I think we should also have picked up on and hold an interest in Fran Beltran. 19 year old CM, he's class, a sort of deep lying playmaker type, knits stuff together for them.
Does he have enough energy and bite to play alongside Rice in a two? Cos that is what Pellers really wants...
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 206 likes
Total likes: 233 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

sutts07 wrote: I have been watching Celta quite a lot since we were linked to him back in the summer. He looks quality to me and that is in a pretty poor team with limited service too (should fit in then right??).

I would go as far as to say that some West Ham fans will be likening him to Dean Ashton if we are lucky enough to secure his signature, and that is about as high praise as you can get as a forward at West Ham really.

He is quality and could go on to be one of the top forwards in Europe or even the world if he stays injury free.
Maxi has also shown some character as he had to fight for his place when Celta changed managers in November. One of Cardoso's first moves was bench Gomez. That lasted two matches when as a sub he netted twice in half an hour at Betis and had another goal after coming on at the half at Sociedad. Didn't sulk. Just got on with it.

Would be thrilled if he ended up here.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Just one more week left of this window. Not looking great is it ?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

No surprise really puff. A little razzle dazzle slight of hand Arnie diversion worked wonders.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1995 likes
Total likes: 1671 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Pat

every time I watch Barca play and every time I see Real play..

I would hazard a guess that I have seen both play Celta twice a season each home and away and for the past 3 seasons have watched them both a lot.

I would roughly guess 8-12 times in total but probably 6-8 with reasonable amount of certainty

I watched him on Saturday to specifically watch him.

as I say I can't say he has struck me as Whoa! we really need to sign this kid.

but I am not a professional scout, but if I were one I would have to watch their training sessions (to see if he does what he has been doing in training and to see if he is doing what the Boss asks of him) and then in at least 5 games some consecutively and then random games to see if he was just on a run of form and that was the best he has been all year.

something along those lines any way.

you can actually watch videos too as our mate Bielsa at Leeds can tell you !!!!!!!

:D
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Balls, Josh Maja has agreed to join Bordeaux. Sounded like a very promising, young English CF, who we were in the running for. Would've liked to have seen him added to the ranks.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Cuenc’ :thup:

Thought I’d ask as I’ve only watched him once! I only want him here as I’ve heard good things and Husillos/Pellegrini do too. His goal record of course is decent as well, if he did sign, let’s hope the weekend is a bit of an anomaly and he gets better service here. Although it doesn’t look like we are signing anyone else this window as it stands. :fsake:
Patito

Post by Patito »

Georgee Paris wrote:No surprise really puff. A little razzle dazzle slight of hand Arnie diversion worked wonders.
Holding onto Arnie is like a new signing! Don’t forget we’ve signed a Premier League winner too...razzle dazzle....
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Patito wrote:
Holding onto Arnie is like a new signing! Don’t forget we’ve signed a Premier League winner too...razzle dazzle....
They must think we're stupid, mustn't they.? I was never that confident we would sign anybody this window. Personally, I never really did, it should be obvious to all, there is no wonga left for this window and in all probability, the summer window too, unless of course, Arnie goes
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

TBF, I'd rather we signed nobody at all rather than just sign people for the sake of it.

If Pellers has identified targets and we can't get them, and the club have tried, then so be it.

For once, I don't buy the conspiracy theories with the Arnie stuff and signing Nasri as the 'razzle-dazzle'.

We've got a good manager, and if he's happy with what he's got until the summer, then so am I.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

DL :thup:
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Tbf Sullys media mouthpieces told everyone there was no money this window

We were never buying unless we sell, not sure it’s got anything to do with what Pellers might want.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Ozza wrote:Tbf Sullys media mouthpieces told everyone there was no money this window

We were never buying unless we sell, not sure it’s got anything to do with what Pellers might want.
We finally get a top manager who has a proven record and now it's the we have no money story again. Sully should not have bothered getting him in if he cannot afford to give him the money to do the job. It's similar to Rafa at Newcastle. If Jamie Oliver was doing a show and the larder had only a tin of beans and a few sausages he ain't going to be able to cook a gourmet dinner.
OohAahButler
Has liked: 570 likes
Total likes: 294 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Georgee Paris wrote:No surprise really puff. A little razzle dazzle slight of hand Arnie diversion worked wonders.
So the board lined up Arnie’s brother to go on talksport and spout off, so that they could pretend to consider the offer from China and then be heroes when they reject it and hold on to Arnie after all?

The things you learn on here...
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1995 likes
Total likes: 1671 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Pat

like I say, I am not a professional scout and if our coaching staff et al feel that he's worth a go, then who am I to say he's "not good enough."

loads of players don't look great against Barca, Real but more likely Athleti who year after year seemingly don't give up that many goals a year.

it's difficult as for those teams you don't get the ball that often and when you do, it's tough to keep it.

however there is usually a player that catches your eye even against this lot. he never jumped out and said "take notice."

even scoring against the big boys doesn't count for much in and of itself. last week Braithwaite played against Real on the Wednesday I think it was and against Barca the following Sunday (last). he scored against both. does it mean much ?

Christhian Stuani plays for Girona.

he played for Boro and scored 11 in 59
he moved to Girona in 2017 and has scored 33 in 50.

he's Uruguayan and 32.

scored 5 in 46 for the National team.

and scoring for Girona one would normally say "Whoa !!!! that's brilliant" and to be honest it is.

should we be interested - nope.

tough just to look at goals scored even if you look at who against.

just that at 50M that's a big risk to take.

but if Pellers and them say fine, I trust their judgement much more than mine !!!!!!!

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

-DL- wrote:TBF, I'd rather we signed nobody at all rather than just sign people for the sake of it.

If Pellers has identified targets and we can't get them, and the club have tried, then so be it.

For once, I don't buy the conspiracy theories with the Arnie stuff and signing Nasri as the 'razzle-dazzle'.

We've got a good manager, and if he's happy with what he's got until the summer, then so am I.
That where I'm at with it too. And Pellegrini has stated previously he's had no issues with the Board regarding Arnautovic or other business, whilst bringing in Nasri early who he wanted, which is a good sign.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Sign them all up Cuenc! :D I’m sure Stuani scored against us for Boro as well, probably one of the only goals he scored for them too!
BostonHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by BostonHammer »

Might as well shut the thread now, Ex has said we aren't spending any money.

f*** our fine with mediocrity owners.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

BostonHammer wrote:Might as well shut the thread now, Ex has said we aren't spending any money.

**** our fine with mediocrity owners.
I think it's been pretty clear that since Pellegrini arrived, the ITKs have been feeding off scraps.

I don't think Ex really has much of an idea what our transfer plans are.

I like it this way.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

i'm fine with not making any moves.
The squad is generally fine, 6th is not in reach, and for once we actually spent a lot in the summer.

I'd expect a summer sale of Arnie and getting rid of Carroll's wages will allow a moderate spend in the summer. Even a moderate spend, combined with the return of Lanzini and Yarmoleko should make us a top 6 competitor.

I'm also quite happy that we took the opportunity to tie up our 2 youngsters to long term deals. There is no pressing reason to buy in this window, so unless Pellegrini really wants a particular player, waiting until summer when more players are available and prices are generally more reasonable seems a smart move.

Edit- Also should mention that we added Nasri who has walked right into our first XI and looked like one of our stronger players. if this window ends up just as not losing anyone, adding Nasri, and getting Rice and Dianganna onto new deals, it's honestly our best winter window in some time.
Last edited by Cellar-door on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.