The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Turns to Stone »

I'm not trying to be negative. Just that the board have only really showed any desire to spend money on two occasions.

1. When they want to impress a new manager.
2. When we might get relegated.

I would absolutely love that to change, but they've done nothing in their time with West Ham to show that they want success. Just that they want to stay in the Premier League and ideally not be in a relegation battle.

Their goal is to make as much money as possible. The accounts and their actions show that clear as day.

If we have some success along the way, great. But they're not going to push it.

This probably isn't the right thread for that sort of opinion though.

Who knows, I would bloody love to be wrong.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

If Pelligrini is happy to ‘get by’ then I would be very disappointed in him. He needs to demand a competitive budget
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Marky wrote:If Pelligrini is happy to ‘get by’ then I would be very disappointed in him. He needs to demand a competitive budget
I'm a big supporter of Pellers, but he did go to China to manage, so you'd have to wonder what his ambitions are.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Perez is being linked to Alaves were conveniently our top centre back target Maripan currently plays.

Fortounis also only has a year left in his deal so Olympiakos may be tempted to sell for the reported £10 million.
OohAahButler
Has liked: 561 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Ah, the summer transfer thread in the first couple of months...the gift that keeps on giving!

I particularly enjoy all the outrage that is built up about the terrible let-down that we think 'might' happen, when there's absolutely no evidence for any of it other than hearsay, blatant fabrication by clickbait media and, well, the feeling that it might happen and would be really annoying if it did. It always reminds me of these chaps:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course, we might well all get shafted again by our beloved owners - that wouldn't be a surprise. Or we may alternatively see a bit of ambition like we did last summer. We don't know yet. In the meantime, in the absence of any actual comment from Sully (weren't we all asking him to keep his mouth shut?) or real news, I'm going to stay hopeful.
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

thejackhammer wrote:I find that if C&H or Ex post something good its 'meaningless board spin, razzle dazzle', if they post something negative its gospel.
this exactly. Its incredible to watch things grow out of all proportion into 'worst case scenario'
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

OohAahButler wrote:Ah, the summer transfer thread in the first couple of months...the gift that keeps on giving!.
Great post :thup:
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 254 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

We find ourselves in a position where we require quality and not quantiny. So.... Dear West Ham...

Please buy 3 top quality players.

See you in august
:clap:
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

LB CB DM CF I make it 4
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

OohAahButler wrote: Of course, we might well all get shafted again by our beloved owners - that wouldn't be a surprise. Or we may alternatively see a bit of ambition like we did last summer. We don't know yet. In the meantime, in the absence of any actual comment from Sully (weren't we all asking him to keep his mouth shut?) or real news, I'm going to stay hopeful.
Killjoy!
How do you expect this thread to beat the previous record number of posts with an attitude like that! :lol:
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

hammerman11 wrote:LB CB DM CF I make it 4
Do so I: LB CB CM CF
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

hammerman11 wrote:LB CB DM CF I make it 4
One centreforward?
If rumour has it that both Carroll and Arnie are staying then there's just the one to play instead of the former i suppose.
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

Pellers is reportedly happy with the two LBs according to Sam Inkersole. Everton supposed to be looking at Cresswell but doubt that happens.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

kit

did you mean Carroll is staying ?

:?

he's out for 6 months or so according to the latest info from the club after his last surgery.

or did you mean Perez or Chicharito..

because if we're planning on waiting for Carroll to get fit to be included in the match day squad, we have a long wait ahead I would guess..plus
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

From Portugal: Player unlikely to join Wolves, bad relationship with Nuno Espírito Santo

Wolverhampton Wanderers’ reported interest in Porto striker Moussa Marega has been a hot topic in the past couple of days, with several outlets covering the original claims from the English media.

And although we expected some more optimistic news coming from the Portuguese press, the story is actually discouraged by newspaper O Jogo.

The outlet claims it’s very unlikely that Marega would move to Wolves, and the big reason for it is manager Nuno Espírito Santo.

They recall Marega was ‘ignored’ by the manager during his time at Porto, in a season when the striker ended up being loaned out to Vitória Guimarães.

O Jogo writes that the possibilities of them working together are ‘extremely reduced’, making the claims ‘little credible’.

Meanwhile, newspaper Record also covers the claims, but doesn’t have any arguments not to believe them. They also add that despite some interest from Italy, Marega’s wish is really to move to the Premier League.

So perhaps he and Nuno Espírito Santo would have to have a conversation before a move, or perhaps there’s nothing in it.
http://sportwitness.co.uk/portugal-play ... ito-santo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Benzema? :lol:
Julien Snow Bear
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 109 likes

Post by Julien Snow Bear »

Too old :?
Patito

Post by Patito »

Benzema often posts the 'crossed hammer' emoji on social media. Usually accompanied with the caption 'charbon' which means hard work. Nothing to do with us.
Lord Zoltan
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Lord Zoltan »

good
The_Cheadley
Total likes: 1 like

Post by The_Cheadley »

Lord Zoltan wrote:good
:lol: yeah he'd be dreadful for the mighty all conquering west ham