25% not to renew season tickets

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Will you be renewing your season ticket this year? (ST holders only please!)

Yes
56%
No
30%
Unsure
13%

Total votes: 216

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Re: 25% not to renew season tickets

Post by Puff Daddy »

This means our average weekly attandances for home matches will be down to around the 28,000 mark. I'm sure this is not what BG had in mind when he bought the club. Something mega will have to give.
Whufc06
Has liked: 121 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

The number of long term STH's not renewing wont hit the club until our next relegation comes around and all of a sudden their guaranteed 18k that will but tickets no matter what aint there to bail them out.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2480 likes
Total likes: 4377 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

The old adage that "Absence Makes the Heart Grow fonder" will come into play.

Sometime by July thoughts will turn away from this season to looking forward to next season.

a 10-15% drop is ST sales only brings the club back to normal levels.
FurryDice Upton Boy

Post by FurryDice Upton Boy »

I have renewed already - have 2 season tickets in the BML but i could not do without my dose of football every year!

Yes it is a lot of money, but West Ham is my passion, my pressure cooker, my way of releasing all that pent up anger every saturday - much cheaper than therapy.

The purported drop of 25% will mean a quarter of the ground will be empty - can't see it to be honest! Yes there will be a drop off, but once we sign a couple of world class players it will go through the roof! lol I can dream can't i?
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Whufc06 wrote:The number of long term STH's not renewing wont hit the club until our next relegation comes around and all of a sudden their guaranteed 18k that will but tickets no matter what aint there to bail them out.
That's the important part I reckon. When (or if...) we do go down, the old guard won’t be there in the numbers they once were. Will our present fans be there for the ***** football in a ***** league?
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Fionn Kiely wrote: That's the important part I reckon. When (or if...) we do go down, the old guard won’t be there in the numbers they once were. Will our present fans be there for the s***e football in a s***e league?
No like the prices dropped last time, just the club telling us we were getting 4 extra games
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

That's the important part I reckon. When (or if...) we do go down, the old guard won’t be there in the numbers they once were. Will our present fans be there for the s***e football in a s***e league?[/quote]

I love postings like this! so your criticising "present fans" about loyalty even though they are the ones who are "present fans" and you aint cos your not renewing hmmm how does that work exactly?

most of you lot moaning about how our so called "present fans" aint as loyal as the old school fans blah blah blah are still turning up even though we are apparently playing the worst football in the clubs history! (if some on here were to be believed)

i think alot of people need a reality check about what exactly west ham are. we aint man united or chelsea and we aint going to win every game at home and we aint always going to beat 10-0! we've always been pretty poor and underacheivers and it will continue.
Whufc06

Post by Whufc06 »

I wasn't critisising 'present fans' as you put it, more saying that, as with all clubs, there are a lot that wouldn't continue to go over there should we be in the Championship or worse. The people that are being priced out I feel would be there no matter what division we were in if they could afford it.
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

i wasnt quoting you fella i was quoting Fionn Kelly.

i agree that alot of people are being priced out and it aint fair and i'd like to see the price come down too for my own sake! but to say that us "present fans" which includes me are not as loyal as people who are not renewing is just plain stupid.

i also disagree that that alot of those people would dissapear in the championship. Having done about 35-40 games a season for the last 6-7 years i can personally say i see the same faces week in week out and that included the two years we were in the championship. even though we had the most expensive season tickets in the league.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

That was my quote and if you check earlier in the thread you'll find that I am renewing.
Whufc06

Post by Whufc06 »

hammerlad - What I am saying is that should the people that have been going to all these games over the years decide that enough is enough and that the club are taking the piss then the club would suffer should we go majorly downhill. The club dont necessarily need them whilst we are in the PL because there are plenty of people that want to watch PL football. A hell of a lot on the other hand just want to watch West Ham no matter what league we are in. I feel that if the club alienate those fans now then they will pay the price for it at a later stage.
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

That was my quote and if you check earlier in the thread you'll find that I am renewing.
so when or if we get relegated you'll be renewing then, no matter what! thats good to hear and very loyal of you well done. see you there :thup:
Whufc06 wrote:hammerlad - What I am saying is that should the people that have been going to all these games over the years decide that enough is enough and that the club are taking the piss then the club would suffer should we go majorly downhill. The club dont necessarily need them whilst we are in the PL because there are plenty of people that want to watch PL football. A hell of a lot on the other hand just want to watch West Ham no matter what league we are in. I feel that if the club alienate those fans now then they will pay the price for it at a later stage.
whilst i agree with what you say in prinicipal and consider myself one of those people who watches west ham no matter what league we are in. how do the club seperate between the two? they cant charge one price for blokes called henry who only turn up against man united and another for blokes called dave who have been going since the 70s!!

i am not criticising anyone that isnt renewing its a personal choice and i dont think anyone should be under pressue to renew but some of the execuses on here for not renewing are just crap. style of play, traffic, price increases (mines gone up a pound a game! if you stop buying the sh*tty programme each game your saving yourself 2 quid) being misreable after we lose (these people must be jhonny come lately's becuase we've always lost loads of games thats what we do!)

basically just say you aint renewing becuase you dont want to.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

hammer_lad wrote: so when or if we get relegated you'll be renewing then, no matter what! thats good to hear and very loyal of you well done. see you there :thup:
Cheers for the condescending reply. It’s much appreciated.
Whufc06

Post by Whufc06 »

I dont feel its value for money myself. If we got relegated and the prices went down to about £450 odd I would go back over there.
SXreject

Post by SXreject »

HammerLad - That the first time I heard not being able to afford it as being a crap reason for not going??? You say your ticket has only gone up a pound a game....what about the rest of your living expenses and your kids expenses if you have them.

My mortgage is increasing, my travel to work is increasing, my weekly food bills are increasing. You name it, its gone up. Its nice to see that there are people around who dont think there is a recession looming because their footbal tickets only gone up a pound a game. I wish I had those worries :eh:

Still you must be living on the love for West Ham, somthing I must try again. But then again I had been doing that for 25 years but sadly my family dont like teh taste.
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

Whufc06 wrote:I dont feel its value for money myself. If we got relegated and the prices went down to about £450 odd I would go back over there.
fair enough that was fairly easy wasn't it?

but to be fair you know as well as i do that in the current climate of p*ss taking clubs its never going to go down to 450 quid. even when we had just been relegated and we had sold all our stars and there was uproar and everyone wanted to lynch brown the cheapest season ticket was still 495 quid and we averaged 28 thousand each week. so what do you do?
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

hammer_lad wrote: basically just say you aint renewing becuase you dont want to.
Hate to say it, but your post is nonsensical

Of course people who don't renew will be not doing so because they don't want to. Of course there will be reasons why they don't want to……and they have stated those reasons.

Next topic: arguing about whether **** is brown
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

SXreject wrote:HammerLad - That the first time I heard not being able to afford it as being a crap reason for not going??? You say your ticket has only gone up a pound a game....what about the rest of your living expenses and your kids expenses if you have them.

My mortgage is increasing, my travel to work is increasing, my weekly food bills are increasing. You name it, its gone up. Its nice to see that there are people around who dont think there is a recession looming because their footbal tickets only gone up a pound a game. I wish I had those worries :eh:

Still you must be living on the love for West Ham, somthing I must try again. But then again I had been doing that for 25 years but sadly my family dont like teh taste.
no if you genuinly cannot afford to go thats a more than justified reason not to turn up and i wouldnt turn up either. what is a crap execuse is the style of play or we aint signed any quality stars etc etc!

the point im trying to make is how many of those that "cannot afford to go" would find that £1 a week if re-signed tevez? did we not have the same discussions this time last year that the club had the bare faced cheek to put up season ticket prices after the season we had and then we signed tevez and mascharano and we had record number of season tickets.
Phil S
Has liked: 447 likes
Total likes: 382 likes

Post by Phil S »

I think the ST sales were done and dusted by the time Tevez and Mascherano signed!
Whufc06

Post by Whufc06 »

hammer_lad wrote: no if you genuinly cannot afford to go thats a more than justified reason not to turn up and i wouldnt turn up either. what is a crap execuse is the style of play or we aint signed any quality stars etc etc!

the point im trying to make is how many of those that "cannot afford to go" would find that £1 a week if re-signed tevez? did we not have the same discussions this time last year that the club had the bare faced cheek to put up season ticket prices after the season we had and then we signed tevez and mascharano and we had record number of season tickets.
Is not wanting to have the piss taken out of you and not wanting to be taken for granted anymore a valid reason as far as you are concerned?