league table next season (Poll)

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Where do you think we'll finish next season?

1) Top 4 - My therapist said so
8%
2) 5th or 6th - Europe here we come!
8%
3) 7th-10th - Top half
52%
4) 11th-14th - Safe but Dull
23%
5) 15th-17th - Relegration scrap
8%
6) 18th-20th - Bramall Lane beckons
2%

Total votes: 253

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Re: league table next season (Poll)

Post by bubbles1966 »

Those predicting 7th to 10th would be dead right up to now but for Zola's tactical/team selection errors.

6 games we have very possibly dropped points in because of these have been Spurs, Boro, Everton, Hull, Bolton, WBA..... plus maybe even Arsenal. If the right decisions had been made in half of those we'd be in a UEFA Cup slot....

Some of the talk of a poor squad etc is wide of the mark........ our first XI should easily be capable of around 10th......... and the back up is nowhere near as poor as is often painted....

Last year's squad, fully intact and based on what I have seen in the league this year, would have been realistic top 6 challengers at this stage ,,,.......

I would happily have kept all those that were sold/released in the summer and give away all those that have been recruited.........

I dont think any of the players we have signed add anything that we didn't already have at the club, while some of those who have gone had much more footballing intelligence/technique and compatibility with our league than those that have replaced them