If Thatcher plays?

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Should the club forgive Ben Thatcher's misdemeanours and offer him a short term contract?

Yes
10%
No
81%
Unsure
9%

Total votes: 124

jon253

If Thatcher plays?

Post by jon253 »

So what sort of reaction is he going to get?
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: If Thatcher plays?

Post by AlfieG »

Hopefully he will be ignored..... What worries me is that he will attract all the wrong sort of attention and ruin our wonderful reputation for fair play in the football world! Headbanger :wink:
west ham dancing shoes

Post by west ham dancing shoes »

Not a very good one i hope, the bloke is scum and a c*nt of the highest order.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

He might be a twat...but if he's in a West Ham shirt...I'm not gonna do anything.
best tever

Post by best tever »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:He might be a twat...but if he's in a West Ham shirt...I'm not gonna do anything.
same here, however I do think the majority of fans will.
Frodo Hammer

Post by Frodo Hammer »

Especially as this day is about Bobby Moore, i hope it's no more than a silent reaction to his name

i dont agree with booing anyone who wears the claret and blue, and its the wrong day to be negative, especially with the rubbish that is rumooured to be going on at the club! ALL the players and Curbs need our support, because i'm sick to death with the influence of money on the game
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

exactly, it's a day about bobby moore. I like to think that bobby would be proud that a fine young man like thatcher would be playing today in his honour.
The Bob

Post by The Bob »

I'm gonna cheer him as much as possible. Forget retiring the number 6 shirt - give it to Thatcher and let him lead us to victory in the Bobby Moore cup!

I'll be singing his name for 90 minutes.....

"Theres only one Benny Thatcher"
"Super, Super Ben"
"We all follow Ben Thatcher, over land and sea...."
"Thatcher for England"
"Are you Pantsil in disguise?"
"Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up"
Frodo Hammer

Post by Frodo Hammer »

I don't like particluarly like thatcher as a player and think it sends out the wrong message in all ways, but I'm sure Bobby Moore would be ashamed at the fans booing a player in claret and blue

and the way people make out that they are all whiter than white in having a pop at thatcher, is hypocritical, I don't condone what he has done, we all make mistakes or do stupid things

I won't boo or cheer him, no reaction from me
il_martello_di_genovesi

Well...the usual tossers who boo Boa Morte, Curbishley and 2-1 wins will probably be at it. Booing after that 2-1 win over Derby was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen our fans do tbh.

I bet if Ben Thatcher starts putting in fierce tackles and winning balls, everyone will have a different opinion. Give him a chance FFS.
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

I couldn't care less about his reputation or what he's done in the past. I'm more pissed off we look like signing a woeful fullback who's over the hill once again.
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

Complete and utter wrong-un but besides his reputation it worrys me a lot that this is the calibre of signings we are now making. Is it because we are skint or because there is no faith in Curbs from the board?
maltab

Post by maltab »

An independant Ipswich Town site has Jim Magilton stating that even though Thatcher has been having a trial at West Ham.Magilton is still in pursuit of both Thatcher and Kevin Nugent.
il_martello_di_genovesi

It's obviously because we are skint. Selling Zamora and not replacing him shows we needed money. Curbs knows we need another LB...yet has no money to buy one. Therefore Thatcher has to be an option. Everything that was in that Dean Ashton thread...knits in with everything that has strangely happened.
jon253

Post by jon253 »

mostly good comments on here, i think i prefer the silent treatment definately no booing from me as I dont approve of it. Also in memory of our great No 6. Meet him once was such a gent even when i now know he was suffering. RIP no 6
west ham dancing shoes

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:It's obviously because we are skint. Selling Zamora and not replacing him shows we needed money. Curbs knows we need another LB...yet has no money to buy one. Therefore Thatcher has to be an option. Everything that was in that Dean Ashton thread...knits in with everything that has strangely happened.
How do you know Zamora won't be replaced by the end of the window?, if we are so skint then why splash £5m on Behrami when we already have a number of players who can play in that position?, why not put that £5m towards a striker?.
il_martello_di_genovesi

Splash £5m on Behrami after bringing in about £7m? :lol:. £5m for Behrami is a disputed figure anyway. Vurbishley has been trying to play Hines as much as possible. We sold Zamora ages ago...and made no attempt to replace him, despite having injury prone strikers. Yes, we shall wait til the end of the month...that's fair enough. But considering what has been said lately...it doesn't seem likely just yet.

Behrami can also cover a number of positions...that has been identified by Curbishley...who said he's looking to see Behrami use his versatility. That's one reason he was probably a number one target. As it means not having to spend to cover other positions. Plus the fact he had contract issues with Lazio...which is why I think we paid nearer to £3m.
west ham dancing shoes

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:Splash £5m on Behrami after bringing in about £7m? :lol:. £5m for Behrami is a disputed figure anyway. Vurbishley has been trying to play Hines as much as possible. We sold Zamora ages ago...and made no attempt to replace him, despite having injury prone strikers. Yes, we shall wait til the end of the month...that's fair enough. But considering what has been said lately...it doesn't seem likely just yet.

Behrami can also cover a number of positions...that has been identified by Curbishley...who said he's looking to see Behrami use his versatility. That's one reason he was probably a number one target. As it means not having to spend to cover other positions. Plus the fact he had contract issues with Lazio...which is why I think we paid nearer to £3m.
So if the worse comes to the worse we will be watching Behrami and Cole up front. :lol:
martwhu

Post by martwhu »

The Bob wrote:I'm gonna cheer him as much as possible. Forget retiring the number 6 shirt - give it to Thatcher and let him lead us to victory in the Bobby Moore cup!

I'll be singing his name for 90 minutes.....

"Theres only one Benny Thatcher"
"Super, Super Ben"
"We all follow Ben Thatcher, over land and sea...."
"Thatcher for England"
"Are you Pantsil in disguise?"
"Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up"
Lobster, Lobster, Fish, Fish
[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by [HH] »

Dyer, Bellamy, Bowyer, Neill & Thatcher - we really buggered up on missing Diouf, eh?