KUMB.com August Player of the Month

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Your player of the month for August:

Poll ended at Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:47 pm

Rob Green
2%
Julien Faubert
33%
Herita Ilunga
No votes
Jonathan Spector
0%
Danny Gabbidon
No votes
Matthew Upson
1%
James Collins
13%
James Tomkins
No votes
Scott Parker
5%
Mark Noble
3%
Radoslav Kovac
0%
Junior Stanislas
6%
Jack Collison
24%
Kieron Dyer
0%
Luis Jimenez
3%
Carlton Cole
9%
Frank Nouble
No votes
Zavon Hines
0%

Total votes: 342

claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: KUMB.com August Player of the Month

Post by claret parrot »

joyful wrote: it's encouragement, szola. It's like when at school they ignored the hundred good things done by the well-behaved pupil and praised the time the yobbo kid picked up the teacher's pencil.
It's the prodigal son isn't it. A bit of a bummer for the son who always kept his nose clean no doubt, but some things need to be recognized and celebrated.
West Ham Boy's Club

Post by West Ham Boy's Club »

Collison is in the lead on the OS. More votes for him on here please, although Faubert has improved he's not deserving of this honour quite yet.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

saludo de carlitos wrote:Collison all day long for me, that man has so much bravery. :crest:
My reason for voting for him too. Truely heroic.
:clap:
leeo272

Post by leeo272 »

I haven't read the thread back but I assume that the people voting for Faubert are the same as those lauding Boa Morte last season. What the f*** has Faubert done? Because they were awful before, people mistake more recent average or below average performances for something praisewothy. He's been ok. His crossing is better but he left Collins overexposed to quick wingers far too often.

No one can deny that he's better, but a pat on the back and a keep it up will suffice, not a player of the month award.
Rocky_Balboa

Post by Rocky_Balboa »

leeo272 wrote:What the f*** has Faubert done? Because they were awful before, people mistake more recent average or below average performances for something praisewothy. He's been ok.
Name me one player who has done better then a few above average performances.

No one really stands out as a definite player of the month.

1 win, a draw and a loss in the league. And the win vs Millwall where Fauberts cross for Stanislas helped us win the match.

People are saying on this thread because of his past at the club and the fact he is coming good plays a part in the vote, sure it does and I see nothing wrong with that. But some of those who see something wrong with that are also saying vote for Collison because he played after his father died. I feel sorry for the lad and he was very brave but does that make him deserve the POM award? Expect big things from Collison and believe he'll become a great player and has massive potential but tbh he wasn't very good this month, definitely not the POM if you look at how he performed on the pitch.

The fact people have been worried about the right back situation since Neill was released and no direct replacement signed with Faubert doing well in that position probably also plays a part in his success in the vote.

Faubert deserves it imo and this is hopefully the start of a long successful Faubert West Ham career. :thup:
leeo272

Post by leeo272 »

Rocky_Balboa wrote:
Name me one player who has done better then a few above average performances.

No one really stands out as a definite player of the month.

1 win, a draw and a loss in the league. And the win vs Millwall where Fauberts cross for Stanislas helped us win the match.

People are saying on this thread because of his past at the club and the fact he is coming good plays a part in the vote, sure it does and I see nothing wrong with that. But some of those who see something wrong with that are also saying vote for Collison because he played after his father died. I feel sorry for the lad and he was very brave but does that make him deserve the POM award? Expect big things from Collison and believe he'll become a great player and has massive potential but tbh he wasn't very good this month, definitely not the POM if you look at how he performed on the pitch.

The fact people have been worried about the right back situation since Neill was released and no direct replacement signed with Faubert doing well in that position probably also plays a part in his success in the vote.

Faubert deserves it imo and this is hopefully the start of a long successful Faubert West Ham career. :thup:
If you read things properly you would have noticed that I didn't give Faubert the false praise of 'above average'. He hasn't been above average, he's been ok at best. Noble and Upson have both been better than him so far. And if playing above expectations is your main criteria then Stanislas beats him on that too.
Rocky_Balboa

Post by Rocky_Balboa »

leeo272 wrote:
If you read things properly you would have noticed that I didn't give Faubert the false praise of 'above average'. He hasn't been above average, he's been ok at best. Noble and Upson have both been better than him so far. And if playing above expectations is your main criteria then Stanislas beats him on that too.
That's your opinion, not mine

Do not agree with that either obviously

Never said it was my main criteria

Think Fauberts performances have been the best of an average team performance this month. But the fact he is starting to come good after a leg break plus is doing well in the position he has been doubted in hasn't ruined things for him to get my vote though.
Antnee

Post by Antnee »

Don't understand how Faubert is leading this! He has been looking good going forward but there are still question marks about him defensively for me.
Cole was my vote. I think he has played very well in each game. Looking more and more difficult to knock off the ball as each 90 minutes pass!
head ache

Post by head ache »

Hammer123 wrote:I knew that everyone was going to vote for faubert :lol: he has not been our best player but has been a far better player than what we have previously seen of him :thup:
i think u have a crush on him
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

head ache wrote:i think u have a crush on him
No text speak on this forum please. The word is 'you'.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Collins for me.

Despite all the speculation he has played a blinder for us.
Rodney
FKA hammer123

Post by Rodney »

:eh:
Neil.C
Has liked: 80 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Neil.C »

Collison for me although Faubert does look a different player so far this season.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Neil.C wrote:Collison for me although Faubert does look a different player so far this season.
You sussed it Neil..He IS a different player. It's someone else and not really him.

Phew, that's a relief...

:lol:
skadzz

Post by skadzz »

Collison also, wasn't overly impressed by him at Wolves but has since went on to play well and grown up in my eyes over a month.

My opinion, which has always been positive, has been changed and he is a massive stand out to me - If we could sign up one player on a long term deal based on the month it would be him.

Keep it up though Julian - My runner up :thup:
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

Have you guys heard of this Matt Upson guy in our side? Heard he's the captain, possibly scored a goal, has been a rock for a year and a half, does very little wrong, is an England international, and is generally an all around nice guy that could have left us for greener pastures some time ago.

On the other hand, we have Faubert who is playing well but looks like Jose Boswinga to everyone because he played like a donkey wearing blinders for the past two seasons.

Collison is mature beyond his years. I feel for him, especially at his age. Still, he hasn't even been our best midfielder let alone player. I think if you asked him he'd tell you the same thing. ****, now I want to vote for him. Can I get a redo UTJ?
Tommy B

Post by Tommy B »

Noble for me I think he looks comfortable on the ball this year looks like he belongs in the side. Wasnt great against Blackburn but not many were and think he controlled the first half.
mitchell916

Post by mitchell916 »

westhamerica wrote:Have you guys heard of this Matt Upson guy in our side? Heard he's the captain, possibly scored a goal, has been a rock for a year and a half, does very little wrong, is an England international, and is generally an all around nice guy that could have left us for greener pastures some time ago.

On the other hand, we have Faubert who is playing well but looks like Jose Boswinga to everyone because he played like a donkey wearing blinders for the past two seasons.

Collison is mature beyond his years. I feel for him, especially at his age. Still, he hasn't even been our best midfielder let alone player. I think if you asked him he'd tell you the same thing. sh*t, now I want to vote for him. Can I get a redo UTJ?
I agree with you 100% about collison and faubert... upson got my vote
hamagram
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hamagram »

Hines
Changed the game vs MIL*****
The ability to make an impact is something we're missing.
Sure..its based on one game..but a youngster coming on in a game we HAD to win for so many reasons.
maybe should be performance of the month but hey ho
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Cole , despite that pass .