Hammerettes [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Should we have the Hammerettes back?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:27 am

Yes
81%
No
14%
Undecided
4%

Total votes: 160

gash

Re: Hammerettes [POLL]

Post by gash »

Let's get 'em back! Maybe we could win some half time lurid sex act performed on a lotto winner in the centre circle at half time. The disabled could get 2 tickets for the price of one and we could recruit the dancers from Hornchurch or Serbia.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

double pie'n'mash luv wrote: Show your support for THE REAL Hammerettes and Hayley, and leave a post, as i think Hayley may use this in her presentation :raver:

To Pop Robson, Amy was an original :wink:
There's only one Amy, un-replaceable, lets get her back in a very tight fitting West Ham kit :thup:
WHID to deserve this?

Post by WHID to deserve this? »

double pie'n'mash luv wrote:From the look of the poll above, seems you are in the minority :wink:
A lot of people also like most of the tat they sell in the club shop, the MDF towers outside the ground, R+B music, customising Vauxhall Nova's, white trainers, Magaluf, hotdogs, Matalan, carlsberg lager and ready salted crisps. Does not make them right though does it? On the whole I woldl say I am right most of the time; the poll is wrong, you're all wrong who voted to bring them back. I do have impeccable taste and style.

Essentially chaps, we have a a longer attention span (or I thought we did) than your average American. Cheerleaders, I think, are used to fill the voids during TV commercials and such like in the grid iron game thing they play. We don't need it (in my correct opinion), have a hot dog, have a pint, discuss the game you have been watching and get ready for the second half.

First step cheerleaders, the next thing you know there will be stars and stripes handing over Piccadilly and we will be singing "the star spangled banner".
double pie'n'mash luv

Post by double pie'n'mash luv »

Pop Robson wrote:
There's only one Amy, un-replaceable, lets get her back in a very tight fitting West Ham kit :thup:

I've been told that Amy will be returning Pop, If their team get the gig. So i'd cross everything :lol:
double pie'n'mash luv

Post by double pie'n'mash luv »

WHID to deserve this? wrote:
A lot of people also like most of the tat they sell in the club shop, the MDF towers outside the ground, R+B music, customising Vauxhall Nova's, white trainers, Magaluf, hotdogs, Matalan, carlsberg lager and ready salted crisps. Does not make them right though does it? On the whole I woldl say I am right most of the time; the poll is wrong, you're all wrong who voted to bring them back. I do have impeccable taste and style.

Essentially chaps, we have a a longer attention span (or I thought we did) than your average American. Cheerleaders, I think, are used to fill the voids during TV commercials and such like in the grid iron game thing they play. We don't need it (in my correct opinion), have a hot dog, have a pint, discuss the game you have been watching and get ready for the second half.

First step cheerleaders, the next thing you know there will be stars and stripes handing over Piccadilly and we will be singing "the star spangled banner".

I kind of know what your saying, but the Hammerettes are hardly a new thing, Pop Robson posted a photo of the girls from 5 years ago, infact they have been around since the 70's. I think it's a for gone conclusion they'll be coming back. I'm just bigging up a friends bid to get her team back in through those MDF towers :wink: :lol:
WHID to deserve this?

I know, I don't like em and think its a bit ***** - like when we try to rip any American idea off. Compare and contrast the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and the hammerettes.

Its the whole concept of cheerleaders that annoys me - hence the comparison to music after goals. Its like some mug in the stand telling me when to sing/stand/cheer/sit down/piss. No thanks not for me .... I am not a number.

The fact they have been around for a while is neither here nor there as far as I am concerned - if its poor taste/poorly executed/poor product then no thanks but if you want to try it with speedway be my guest.

I care not that they have been at West Ham for a longer than five years.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

As I have said before, they are about as entertaining as watching paint dry
claret and bobby

Post by claret and bobby »

Compare the old hammerettes with american football cheerleaders and, maybe bar 2 or 3, the hammerettes look like a bunch of wobbly dogs. I'm all for cheerleaders, who doesn't want to look at cheerleaders? But please, lets raise the standard a bit!
WHID to deserve this?

The whole concept of cheerleaders at football is just wrong. They are absolutely rubbish no place in the game. Its the same with the mascots - pure waste of time. "Yay, some girls are telling us to stand up and root for our team, yah come on guys lets sing for the Hammers...." That sounded a bit Bill Hickslike there

Will be 4 quarters next - just mark my words. 22 minutes each way twice.
Pez.

Post by Pez. »

Anyone who don't want to look at girls prancing around in spandex is GAY ! :lol:
Bring em back i say ... :raver:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

double pie'n'mash luv wrote:From the look of the poll above, seems you are in the minority :wink:
Interestingly perhaps this is the lowest return (in percentage terms) of any poll we've conducted on KUMB ... only 170-odd votes from 14,000+ members.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

We had American Cheerleaders at the Boleyn Ground for one game a few seasons ago.

All blonde hair, white teeth, tanned, pretty and very very fit.

The Hammerettes were just the girl next door, that had joined a dance club and ended up on the pitch.

We had Hammerettes way back in the late 60's/early 70's, short skirts and knee high boots back then.
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

Due to cut-backs I have heard the reception birds are going to have to double up at half-time.
tonkaman
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by tonkaman »

Up the Junction wrote:Interestingly perhaps this is the lowest return (in percentage terms) of any poll we've conducted on KUMB ... only 170-odd votes from 14,000+ members.
That's probably because they're all still perusing photos like these:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2vinq8i.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

2, 3, 1
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

they can hammerette my poll if they like..
Green's Hand

Post by Green's Hand »

Ben wrote:they can hammerette my poll if they like..

That was awful, but slightly amusing. :lol:
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

WHID to deserve this? wrote:The whole concept of cheerleaders at football is just wrong. They are absolutely rubbish no place in the game. Its the same with the mascots - pure waste of time. "Yay, some girls are telling us to stand up and root for our team, yah come on guys lets sing for the Hammers...." That sounded a bit Bill Hickslike there

Will be 4 quarters next - just mark my words. 22 minutes each way twice.
Whats wrong with a little half time entertainment? It's not like they are on the sidelines all game...
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2940 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The Hammerettes were crap .

They probably are still crap .

Read out the half times quietly , once in a while have an old favourite on the pitch and at Christmas time play a few carols - but not too loud .

Why the need for entertainment at half time ? Don't see that much of it either side of half time most weeks .And hardly anyone complains .
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Classy ...