Brooking/Brady/Hoddle [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

In order of greatness...

1. Brooking 2. Brady 3. Hoddle
39%
1. Brooking 2. Hoddle 3. Brady
22%
1. Brady 2. Brooking 3. Hoddle
16%
1. Brady 2. Hoddle 3. Brooking
6%
1. Hoddle 2. Brady 3. Brooking
3%
1. Hoddle 2. Brooking 3. Brady
14%

Total votes: 116

tonkaman
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Re: Brooking/Brady/Hoddle [POLL]

Post by tonkaman »

Brooking

Best goal! Plus it shows a little shimmy from Dev to get past Talbot to the line and cross the ball!
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

the oldham stripper wrote:1 brooking
2 brooking
3 brooking
:lol: "My heart says Brooking, my head says.. Brooking!" To paraphrase.
RM6

Post by RM6 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23SEE3dfmo0

If you've got 10 minutes to spare.
WCpete
Has liked: 1497 likes
Total likes: 3201 likes

Re: Brooking/Brady/Hoddle

Post by WCpete »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Not how they performed, or position, but simply the style of player.

Veron/Hoddle being a tall, elegant player with a brilliant long and short passing ability, brilliantly 2 footed, without too much speed, but not needing to rely on it.

Brooking/Riquelme - good and strong on the ball, 2 footed, not great in the air, doing the simple things well, not possessing or needing too much intricate skill, not overly pacey

Van Persie/Brady - more one footed, more direct, hard shot, a lot of craft and vision, bit more pace, bit more skill, more intricate than the other 2.
Brooking didn't have great pace off the ball, but his ball control was so naturally a part of his stride that I think he was comparatively quite quick on the ball. And for me, I get the RVP comparison but imo Brady was a far more hard nosed player than RVP. He had a slight build, but he could get stuck in. Not so RVP. In that sense, I get the Scholes comparison someone made (although Scholes can't actually tackle).