Olympic Stadium Pub Thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Olympic Stadium Pub Thread

Postby coyi27 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:29 pm

Anyone know if Trurib is any good? Thinking about going there on Mon.
coyi27

Postby Eastlondonboy on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:10 pm

coyi27 wrote:Anyone know if Trurib is any good? Thinking about going there on Mon.

Trurib alright mate Rib man there too and not far to walk to ground
Eastlondonboy

Postby coyi27 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Thanks mate.
coyi27

Postby Wembley1966 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Albie Beck wrote:Just about everywhere's a good half hour, Rom - that 's the trouble!!

Howling Hops, The Crate and Trurib are 10 minutes, the boat bars are 5 minutes.
Wembley1966

Postby likemydreams on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:30 pm

Albie Beck wrote:Just about everywhere's a good half hour, Rom - that 's the trouble!!

carpenters is 10-15 mins
likemydreams

Postby Albie Beck on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Yeah, sorry - it was a bit tongue in cheek, but I just get hacked off with all the stop-go and zig-zagging both before and especially after. We go in the Railway before and it takes about 25 mins to walk over, with a comfort stop at Stratford Int. :D

Afterwards we usually go past the Carpenters, but not everyone could get in anyway. Same for the Bricklayers. Otherwise we go over the footbridge (which can also take a while) and up to the Eddie. Another 25 mins. I appreciate there are other places a bit nearer, but not in the general direction of the station.
Albie Beck

Postby roblo on Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:50 am

mushy wrote:Tredegar is one of my favourite pubs, do you walk from there?
if so, how long would it take?

Takes about half an hour to get to block H. Walk along Roman Road and there's a good chippy with a Polish newsagents that sells cheap cans of US craft beer. Still not been to Stratford station on a matchday - if you're in no rush and live other side of London, Mile End is perfect.
roblo

Postby likemydreams on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:49 am

does anyone if kids are allowed in the black bull
likemydreams

Postby @dave_boy on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:39 pm

Romford wrote: I can think of half a dozen around 15 mins mate...

The Lighthouse is a sprightly 15 mins away. Sausage rolls for £2 and guest beers at £3 a pint.

Formans will let you in for a fiver (includes a free drink). Bit strange in there though (IMHO). Salmon bagel anyone?
@dave_boy

Postby Porkeyes on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:34 am

I fancy a new beer venue on Saturday. where is the boat ive heard mentioned and is it worth finding? Got a couple of 13 year olds with us too.
Porkeyes

Postby the polecat on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:18 pm

We popped into the Eleanor Arms before today's game for a quick half. I couldn't believe how empty the place was - it was practically deserted.
the polecat

Postby Pop Robson on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:38 am

Fella sitting next to me Northerner had done a few pubs in Roman Rd area and said all quite no West Ham to be seen and drinking out of proper glasses !!
Pop Robson

Postby e10hammer on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:57 am

Went to the West Ham way event at the East ham working man's club yesterday, i was surprised how many was there every table was full with people standing at 11.00, i would thoughly recommend it, hosted on stage by Mark Ward with about an hour's QandA with Phil Parkes who was more than pleased to have his photo with fans after, the cost was £25 and that includes as much beer as you like and a coach to the stadium and back, it was well organised and we left at 2.10 and was in the stadium by 2.40.
e10hammer

Postby EugeneSpeed on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Mates son refused entry to Howling Hops as he was wearing colours. Six years old. Hilarious.

The guy saw sense after a very drawn out discussion.

All good though, as a couple of groups left tables covered in empties that he scooped up and got the deposit back on. Made himself £19 which is going straight into his Andy Carroll shirt fund for next season. Demanded that we only drink there from now on.
EugeneSpeed

Postby Ifebbubbles on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:45 pm

e10hammer wrote:Went to the West Ham way event at the East ham working man's club yesterday, i was surprised how many was there every table was full with people standing at 11.00, i would thoughly recommend it, hosted on stage by Mark Ward with about an hour's QandA with Phil Parkes who was more than pleased to have his photo with fans after, the cost was £25 and that includes as much beer as you like and a coach to the stadium and back, it was well organised and we left at 2.10 and was in the stadium by 2.40.

We went to the John Moncur. Reckon we will probably go back there for Spurs. Definitely worth going to but you need to get there for about 10 to get a table.
Ifebbubbles

Postby James P on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Also give a big thumbs up for The West Ham Way event at the EHWMC. Very enjoyable.
James P

Postby mushy on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:05 pm

e10hammer wrote:Went to the West Ham way event at the East ham working man's club yesterday, i was surprised how many was there every table was full with people standing at 11.00, i would thoughly recommend it, hosted on stage by Mark Ward with about an hour's QandA with Phil Parkes who was more than pleased to have his photo with fans after, the cost was £25 and that includes as much beer as you like and a coach to the stadium and back, it was well organised and we left at 2.10 and was in the stadium by 2.40.

Bumped into a load of completely pissed up blokes at HT, said they had been to this event, all young and at least half of then unable to stand up.
One of them told me that some people just go for the £25 of beer, drink till they drop and don't even bother with the matches.

I fear this might not end well.
mushy

Postby Big George on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:11 pm

likemydreams wrote:does anyone if kids are allowed in the black bull

Yep, but it gets very rammed, I went in there when it was raining and it was unpleasant for the nippers
Big George

Postby Ofuzz on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:53 am

I fly over once a year for a couple of matches. The Black Lion was always part of the routine before, but I was wondering if a crowd still goes there for pre-match pints? I hate to break a great routine that added to the trip but if no one goes??? Thanks for any insight. :crest:
Ofuzz

Postby Big George on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:22 am

Ofuzz wrote:I fly over once a year for a couple of matches. The Black Lion was always part of the routine before, but I was wondering if a crowd still goes there for pre-match pints? I hate to break a great routine that added to the trip but if no one goes??? Thanks for any insight. :crest:

There's plenty who still go. If you leave at 2.15 and get the bus opposite you'll be in your seat by 2.50
Big George

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion