The new kits thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

MrTwoIrons

Re: the New kits thread

Post by MrTwoIrons »

QPR's new kit

An unknown Canadian kit supplier does a better job that Nike has ever s*** out in the last 2 years for them. Quality shirt that.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Does anyone know if the training tops are actually in Sports Direct stores around Essex ?

I know they sell the main shirts but wondered if the training stuff might only be available online ?

Not being lazy, I live up in the North West so obviously they don't sell them in store up here, but I'm visiting friends in a few weeks and have a voucher to use in store.
Rayleighammer

Post by Rayleighammer »

Home goalkeepers kit is orange
Samo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Samo »

Is it the same as last years but with a new badge?
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Hammersfaniow wrote:Does anyone know if the training tops are actually in Sports Direct stores around Essex ?

I know they sell the main shirts but wondered if the training stuff might only be available online ?

Not being lazy, I live up in the North West so obviously they don't sell them in store up here, but I'm visiting friends in a few weeks and have a voucher to use in store.
I'd be very surprised if they were, as of yet I've never seen the training stuff anywhere other than in the club shops.
Hammersfaniow

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Harry Hound wrote:
I'd be very surprised if they were, as of yet I've never seen the training stuff anywhere other than in the club shops.
That's what I thought. Hopefully if anyone pops into SD they'll let us know :thup:
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Hammersfaniow wrote:
That's what I thought. Hopefully if anyone pops into SD they'll let us know :thup:
I'm going to Romford next week, I will check. The SD store is opposite the official store, so no sure if that will have an impact.
Hammersfaniow

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Cheers Sweeney, that'd be much appreciated
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Norwich City New Home Kit

Steve Balmer-Walters, City’s head of retail, said: “This year’s home kit is a combination of historical kits from the club’s history mixed with a modern flair. With the mesh finish on the side of the shirts, shorts and socks, we have really focused this year on producing a lifestyle kit which has a complete look. The kit we’ve created for the 2016/17 season has a modern, stylish and retro feel and I believe the fans will love it as much as we do.”

What absolute rubbish, modern, stylish and retro! :lol: It's not actually that bad a shirt but the neck is weird and it's just an Errea template, there's nothing historical about it!
MrTwoIrons

Post by MrTwoIrons »

Jumby wrote:Norwich City New Home Kit

Steve Balmer-Walters, City’s head of retail, said: “This year’s home kit is a combination of historical kits from the club’s history mixed with a modern flair. With the mesh finish on the side of the shirts, shorts and socks, we have really focused this year on producing a lifestyle kit which has a complete look. The kit we’ve created for the 2016/17 season has a modern, stylish and retro feel and I believe the fans will love it as much as we do.”

What absolute rubbish, modern, stylish and retro! :lol: It's not actually that bad a shirt but the neck is weird and it's just an Errea template, there's nothing historical about it!
At least it's far from what the kits from last season were like, whoever designed that third kit of theirs was clearly a rugby fan!
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 506 likes
Total likes: 1301 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Karren Brady has tweeted the new home shirt will be available to pre-order tomorrow (online and in store):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cmg2amEW8AAGH2D.jpg:large" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by The Terminator »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Karren Brady has tweeted the new home shirt will be available to pre-order tomorrow (online and in store):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cmg2amEW8AAGH2D.jpg:large" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That neck :thdn:
lukechadwick
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 122 likes

Post by lukechadwick »

Hammersfaniow wrote:Does anyone know if the training tops are actually in Sports Direct stores around Essex ?

No West Ham stuff at all in Colchester, had last seasons kits (limited stock and reduced to £25) and new away in Basildon but no training gear.
Samo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Samo »

Home goalkeeper is up and it is indeed orange. However only teaser pics on the outfield home.
Hammersfaniow

Post by Hammersfaniow »

lukechadwick wrote: No West Ham stuff at all in Colchester, had last seasons kits (limited stock and reduced to £25) and new away in Basildon but no training gear.
Thanks for the heads up :thup:
the bubble hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by the bubble hammer »

Samo wrote:Home goalkeeper is up and it is indeed orange. However only teaser pics on the outfield home.
The home is the one already seen, the one with the square collar.
whufcmarc

Post by whufcmarc »

Samo wrote:Home goalkeeper is up and it is indeed orange. However only teaser pics on the outfield home.
From the pictures it is looking like white shorts and claret socks to go with the home kit
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Is that a return to the good old days? When the keeper wore the same shorts/socks as the the outfield players.
whufcmarc

Post by whufcmarc »

Dover KUMB fan wrote:Is that a return to the good old days? When the keeper wore the same shorts/socks as the the outfield players.
Sorry should of made it clear, was talking about the outfield home kit. The keepers is all orange. I meant that the outfield players looks like they will have white shorts and claret socks
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

I went into Sports Direct Romford yesterday and didn't see any training gear.