The new kits thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Re: the New kits thread

Post by Kludgehammer »

I don't actually mind the England white shirt/shorts, but the red socks with the white kit and the blue socks with the red kit, just looks stupid. And having taken a 2nd look at it, the red shirt is dreadful
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Those England kits are awful, red socks on a home kit, I though it was April 1st for a min :lol:
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

They look as though they have a built-in sports bra!

As much as I like sky blue sleeves on a home kit, it's not for England. Why sky blue? The St George cross is red and white, and the Scottish part of the Union Flag is dark blue, where did sky blue come from?
I think this is worse than the Umbro effort with the multi-coloured frecks of dandruff across the shoulders and yoke.
And I agree that the socks are a mismatch.
a86

Post by a86 »

I totally get the concept of the England kits because the world footballing governing body are trying to make all the national kits be all "one tone" to remove the element of kit clashing. Studies suggest that the shirts and shorts are the main elements of the kit that a fellow teammate recognises during the game. If a game contested between Poland and Switzerland this would be a melt down in the players visual ability, I know it sounds stupid to think that a player can't tell the difference between a red shirt and a white one, but its the conflict between white shirt red shorts combination and red shirt white shorts combination.
which is why they have to provide change of shorts.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/pol ... d459190774

what I do find strange is that Adidas implemented this change at the world cup 2014 when Germany had an all white kit, Spain had an all red kit and Argentina changed the shorts from black to white. now the Euros come around... they've gone back to their respective original combinations. Spain will be able to get away with it this year because they have an dark tone shirt and short combination... where as Germany will have to change their shorts from Black to White for their home shirt. when they play Northern Ireland this summer, they will be in all white and Northern Ireland will be in all Green ad they will have to use their away kit shorts.

In regards to England's kit combination, they can use the Blue Socks from the away kit and use the red socks for the away kit if they wish, the main objection with using blue socks for the home kit was that it was too much like the England Rugby Kit. The FA - Association Football body which to detach any relationship with the Rugby Football body. this is why we have red socks.

But this isn't the first time have England played in red only socks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SCyXGiJ-jc
John Barnes Wonder goal v Brazil in 1984.

the combination for me does bring a fresh outlook on the retro kits - I'm up for change but I'm not a fan of the light blue shoulders on the home kit - should have been a light grey or silver - the light blue ruins it for me. the Red Away kit is lovely, but the Purple GK's kit is a thing of beauty :thup:

the combinations does open my mind, I for one would love to see West Ham have claret shorts for their home kit with claret socks - after all we are those B*Ds in claret and blue... no white mentioned.
a86

Kit Sponsorship - 2016/17

Post by a86 »

Betway's Kit sponsorship will end this season after providing an 18month deal taking over from alpari.

I've heard this rumour that shouldn't be ignored as it's come from different people who have no connection apart from being associated with myself.

there's a good chance that Barratt Developments PLC will be the new kit sponsor from next season.

Barratt Development PLC (who have a revenue of £3.2b as of 2014) are also known as "Barratt Homes" nationwide and "Barratt London" in London (funny enough) have a couple connections already with the club.

Barratt's are in a joint venture with Galliard Homes for the redevelopment of Upton Park and Head offices are based in Stratford - along with developing homes across the east of London over the years.

it's assumed that the Upton park site was sold to Galliard Homes instead of Barratt Homes to remove the direct connection between the club. Once the site was sold, galliards appointed Barratt homes once west ham united was unattached from the deal.

another rumour that the shirts will have

Barratt London on the home kit

and

Barratt Homes on the away kits.

again this is just hear say and needs investigating further
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Re: Kit Sponsorship - 2016/17

Post by -DL- »

a86 wrote:Betway's Kit sponsorship will end this season after providing an 18month deal taking over from alpari.
Pretty sure it was a 3.5 year deal.
trick88

Post by trick88 »

-DL- wrote: Pretty sure it was a 3.5 year deal.
Bang on.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... rship-deal
a86

Post by a86 »

-DL- wrote: Pretty sure it was a 3.5 year deal.
lots of press "undertood/understand" that it is a 3.5 year deal...

however the official website doesn't disclose a term - http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015 ... ponsorship

West Ham United are delighted to announce a new long-term partnership that will see leading online gaming platform Betway become the Club's new principal sponsor.

8th on the list - although it says 2 years, they round it up if its over a year
http://www.totalsportek.com/football/pr ... hip-deals/
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

A86 trust me Barratts would not let another builder buy the site from it to avoid a direct connection with the club. The site has a GDV of over £120m which probably means Barratts foregoing half of the site GP of c£35m so it can spend money sponsering us?!? Makes zero sense. Moreover, there is no-one on the Barratts board that as far as I'm aware has any connection with WHU at all - i I know them well.
a86

Post by a86 »

BrownFatwa wrote:A86 trust me Barratts would not let another builder buy the site from it to avoid a direct connection with the club. The site has a GDV of over £120m which probably means Barratts foregoing half of the site GP of c£35m so it can spend money sponsering us?!? Makes zero sense. Moreover, there is no-one on the Barratts board that as far as I'm aware has any connection with WHU at all - i I know them well.
all I'm saying is that this has been told from various sources but needs further investigation. to me personally it would make sense because its a fantastic opportunity for both parties.
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by War Pony »

I thought Westfield's would sponsor us! Interesting though a86!
a86

Post by a86 »

War Pony wrote:I thought Westfield's would sponsor us! Interesting though a86!
they could still sponsor the stadium or it could already be tied up within the blanked out documents. again would make sense because they are already in the area, but I do not think they have the revenue to spend on stadium sponsorship. a lot of their money is tied up in assets with over 30 shopping centres across the globe.

To sponsor a stadium based on man city - your looking at £20-30m a season - I think west ham will buy the naming rights from the council like man city did with their council (£2.5m paid to council - £25m sponsorship paid to the club from Etihad....£22.5m profit per year)
War Pony

Post by War Pony »

Have you posted on S/city mate? Someone there might have insider info if its to do with a construction firm
a86

Post by a86 »

War Pony wrote:Have you posted on S/city mate? Someone there might have insider info if its to do with a construction firm
nah I haven't as I don't have an account and cba lol
War Pony

Post by War Pony »

I'll do it for you, worth a shot I suppose :)
a86

Post by a86 »

War Pony wrote:I'll do it for you, worth a shot I suppose :)
up to you mate.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

a86 wrote:lots of press "undertood/understand" that it is a 3.5 year deal...

however the official website doesn't disclose a term - http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015 ... ponsorship

West Ham United are delighted to announce a new long-term partnership that will see leading online gaming platform Betway become the Club's new principal sponsor.

8th on the list - although it says 2 years, they round it up if its over a year
http://www.totalsportek.com/football/pr ... hip-deals/
You even highlighted the long term bit yourself.

Since when has 18 months been long term?
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

That England shirt's a shocker. Doesn't even look like an England shirt....if that makes sense?
a86

Post by a86 »

-DL- wrote: You even highlighted the long term bit yourself.

Since when has 18 months been long term?
define long term? what is a long term contract?

to me "Long term contract" is a contract that is NOT completed in the same year that it was entered into.

don't you find it strange that the club haven't confirmed a specific number of years of the deal? normally when things like this has been announced you find out directly from the club that it is a 3/5 year deal. I find the statement to be elusive.

here is another deal statement where the term HAS been confirmed.

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015 ... with-Umbro

The deal with Alpari was supposed to run to the end of this season anyway because the club wanted to be a sponsor free club starting its first year in a sponsor free stadium to open up a marketing opportunity for all types of investment. A capital city team playing in the biggest football league in the world with a mega bucks TV revenue package where the entire globe will have access to games... its a marketing goldmine for the club especially if a company are willing to get as much exposure as possible.

why does Emirates sponsor Arsenal's kits and stadium naming rights?
why does Etihad sponsor Man City's Kits and Stadium Rights?
think about it.

the club will earn millions next year by having a blank canvas. Barratt's could use the sponsorship as advertising to sell homes in the UK to British ex-pats in other countries, as every other developer does.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Are you sure it's not Barratt Holmes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGPt1Cz3jBw