Carlton Cole

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Re: Carlton Cole

Postby Puff Daddy on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Haven't we told him to find himself another club ? Well, I read some while ago that it was Zola when he was coming towards the end of his playing career at Chelsea, who took CC aside and spent many hours one-to-one coaching him and that he really rated Carlton. That said, he may like to have him again, now that he is Watford manager. So, could it be that we might be able to broker a deal with Zola for CC to to Watford with Vydra coming to us as part of that deal. We all know the two Daves like deals like this that don't cost them too much money.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Location: In the back of The Gretta Garbo Home for wayward boys and girls

Postby upton o'good on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:12 pm

I can qwuite see that we might not be able to promise Carlton first team football next season - indeed we havent promised it hism this year. But the idea we'll recruit botha starting striker and a better substitute no 9 than Cole takes a bit of believing.
upton o'good

Postby stu1 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:08 am

Puff Daddy wrote:Haven't we told him to find himself another club ? Well, I read some while ago that it was Zola when he was coming towards the end of his playing career at Chelsea, who took CC aside and spent many hours one-to-one coaching him and that he really rated Carlton. That said, he may like to have him again, now that he is Watford manager. So, could it be that we might be able to broker a deal with Zola for CC to to Watford with Vydra coming to us as part of that deal. We all know the two Daves like deals like this that don't cost them too much money.

Carlton said in an interview for sky sports on Saturday that there is no chance of him moving.

As for the Zola link, if Carlton leaves he'll be staying in the prem, as despite what some people seem to believe he's proved that he's of prem class. Plus isn't that Vydra about 5ft 8? Allardyce has no use for strikers under 6ft, wingers yes but strikers no.
stu1

Postby THORSHAMMER on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:50 pm

People always think other options are better until they come and you realize what we had already was just as good or better and at a cheaper price with less headache

If a striker comes and does well. He'll be off so we are in a catch 22 situation
THORSHAMMER

Postby Hot Bot on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 pm

westhamnick wrote:has a player ever had such a long thread on this forum??

proves he is a legend.......

Eidur Gudjohnsen?
Hot Bot

Postby THORSHAMMER on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:26 am

BFS/Sullivan are trying to offload CC to some turkish teams ......
THORSHAMMER

Postby JBs Caravan on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:21 am

Apparently its 15% tax out there,so thats why it appeals to all and sundry
JBs Caravan

Postby Jumby on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:20 pm

Maybe it's best for all concerned if we let him go to a Turkish side, if they offer 3m then we have to take it, our strikiner situation, with or wothout Cole, looks pretty goalless :(
Jumby

Location: Skewered on a pin, in the glare of others, supposed, intellect

Postby fmgod on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:21 pm

As said earlier can't see Cole going out of London, think he is too settled but Anton Ferdinand has gone out there bizarrely but I think Cole is happy in London, if he goes now or the end of the season a decent chance it will be QPR/Fulham.
fmgod

Postby Jumby on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Carlton Cole wouldn't be the answer to QPR's problems but if they offered 3m I'd bite their hand off for it!
Jumby

Location: Skewered on a pin, in the glare of others, supposed, intellect

Postby stu1 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:23 pm

So we sell Cole for 3 mil, then at the end of the season Carroll and Chamack leave and that leaves us just with Miaga who is totally unproven in the prem. Not to mention for the remainder of the season we'll be relying on two flops a random Brazilian and an untested player from the French league.

Doesn't sound like the greatest idea to me. :asleep:
stu1

Postby comebackjoecole on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:50 pm

I am not going to buy another season ticket until he has gone,
he may be loyal, lovely bloke and kind to old ladies, but he is a crap footballer

Delighted to hear the Davids are touting him, they go up in my estimation every window.
comebackjoecole

Postby jenkins89 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:52 pm

comebackjoecole wrote:I am not going to buy another season ticket until he has gone,
he may be loyal, lovely bloke and kind to old ladies, but he is a crap footballer

Delighted to hear the Davids are touting him, they go up in my estimation every window.

I hope you're jsut fishing and not being serious. What have we got that's better than him? Or at least, who could we replace him with permanently who is better?
jenkins89

Postby baritalia on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:53 pm

comebackjoecole wrote:I am not going to buy another season ticket until he has gone,

Fantastic username.
baritalia

Postby Absentee Hammer on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Oh dear, Im sure the club will be happy to hear your threat, I suspect it wont have them quaking in their boots though! I think it is best you go back to hiding behind the sofa mate, maybe you will find a couple of old dropped maltesers to play with in the meantime.
Absentee Hammer

Postby Sloop John B on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:57 pm

stu1 wrote:So we sell Cole for 3 mil, then at the end of the season Carroll and Chamack leave and that leaves us just with Miaga who is totally unproven in the prem. Not to mention for the remainder of the season we'll be relying on two flops a random Brazilian and an untested player from the French league.

Doesn't sound like the greatest idea to me. :asleep:

Flip side though is that if you add Cole to that group (two flops, brazilian, untested etc) then it STILL doesn't look like GOALS.

I really like CC but he doesn't score and/or create enough chances to be a lone forward for me. He works hard, puts a shift in, top lad etc... However if they aren't going to offer him a new contract then we'll need to be cashing in on him very soon.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason

Postby bobbymooresbracelet on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Trouble is no c*nt will buy him.
bobbymooresbracelet

Postby Sloop John B on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:11 pm

bobbymooresbracelet wrote:Trouble is no c*nt will buy him.

Don't think that's true. Think we've had bids for him in the past few windows.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason

Postby Hammersfaniow on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:22 pm

Weren't Liverpool rumoured to be in for him in one of the previous windows ? Seem to remember watching on SSN deadline day rumours of helicopters to take him up there and the like.

The trouble with Carlton is that while I don't knock his workrate for the team, much like Bobby Zamora worked his socks off every game, but unfortunately he's just not the sort of person who will get goals, and that's what we need. He wasn't even prolific last year in the lower league, and I don't agree that what he offers the team helps balance his lack of goals or poor performances. Whilst he has been a good servant and stayed throughout the relegation etc, I feel it may be time to get money for him if possible before the end of the month.

I just hope that in the summer we make an Ashton-esque type signing, spending money on a proven goalscorer in the highest league to show we mean business.
Hammersfaniow

Postby BLT319 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:26 pm

I think its absolutely ridiculous we havent offered him a new contract.. loyal and been our best striker the last few years. As cover hes more than good enough. Hes 29? Id give him a 3 year deal right now and be fone with it.
BLT319

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion