Carlton Cole

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Re: Carlton Cole

Postby VikeltAussie on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:02 pm

And will the doubters give him credit? Will they ****. Hide in your holes fellas until the next chance you have to slag him off
VikeltAussie

Location: Sydney, Sydney, oh Sydney said I, I will stand in Moore Park til the day I die

Postby rudeboydubs on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:04 pm

shows what he can do once again....couldnt fault anything he did i dont think?
rudeboydubs

Postby JBs Caravan on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Thorshammer
The answer to my silly question is he has scored 30ish
Premiership goals not 44 ish
As for the defence you are correct but what can you expect with
JT playing ? certainly very few 0-0s
JBs Caravan

Postby nickkarkie on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 am

Absolutely superb movement by cole for our equaliser, watch it from side angle, great movement and header
nickkarkie

Postby West Ham Matt on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 am

It was a great header, I'll give him that.

he is still pony though.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington

Postby speculator on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 am

As a non- fan of Cole i thought he did well today. However, with three out and out strikers on the books i think he should be the one to go.
speculator

Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Postby COYI on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:43 am

But what happens when the others' loans finish at the end of the season?
COYI

Postby West Ham Matt on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 am

If we had stayed up, I would expect a significant level of investment which will see the likes of Cole et al, replaced by better players.

We are desperate for a good centre forward.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington

Postby Yea Why Not on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:02 am

West Ham Matt wrote:If we had stayed up, I would expect a significant level of investment which will see the likes of Cole et al, replaced by better players.

We are desperate for a good centre forward.

This is all I keep hearing. Why does Cole need to be replaced? Sure, we could do with a better center forward as first choice but I don't think Cole has ever been seen as an ideal first choice by the management or many of our fans for that mattter. He just always ends up playing due to injuries and other players being, well, sh*tter than he is.

For a mid table club Cole is a decent back up striker. And what makes things even better is he'd actually be happy to take up that role

Point is, just because we need a good first choice striker, that doesn't mean we need to show Cole the door
Yea Why Not

Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Postby bobcar on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:54 am

West Ham Matt wrote:I have no idea what managers have seen him and it depresses me that he has played for us so many times.

DaveWHU1964 wrote:Do you think that all of his many managers have been wrong then? Or do you concede they might just know a little bit more about such matters than you or me?

No, Matt knows more than PL managers. I hear Manure have him lined up for when Ferguson retires.

I'd be slightly disappointed if Carlton was our number one choice next year but as a second choice he's better than most teams out of the top 6. As an example I give Everton - first choice Jelovic second choice Anichebe, how many would swap the second choice from a team much better than us for Carlton?
bobcar

Postby e17 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:01 am

West Ham Matt wrote:It was a great header, I'll give him that.

he is still pony though.

I'm surprised you ain't brought back your "Carlton Cole is ****" monicker, now he is no longer helping to fire us to victory in the play offs & it is "safe" to mug/slag him off again
e17

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:21 am

West Ham Matt wrote:It was a great header, I'll give him that.

he is still pony though.

That's big of you Matt. As if he needs your approval or fake partial support. You're a broken record.
DaveWHU1964

Postby Irrons on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:26 am

bobcar wrote:As an example I give Everton - first choice Jelovic second choice Anichebe, how many would swap the second choice from a team much better than us for Carlton?

Anichebe has scored twice as many goals as Carlton this season with about half the pitch time. He is also five years younger. I like Cole and he gives his all for the shirt but I'd swap him for Anichebe in a heartbeart and I'm sure Sam would too
Irrons

Postby geowhu on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:29 am

I like Carlton Cole as a Person and he seems a Decent Fella , He has shown Loyalty to Us and i Appreciate that , But he is Just Not good Enough as a 1st Choice Striker , He cannot Score simple as that , What ever else he does is Secondary , as a Striker he has to Score and he Doesnt .
geowhu

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:48 am

Irrons wrote:
Anichebe has scored twice as many goals as Carlton this season with about half the pitch time. He is also five years younger. I like Cole and he gives his all for the shirt but I'd swap him for Anichebe in a heartbeart and I'm sure Sam would too

And maybe he would. But as you pointed out he's a) much younger and b) scores more in less game time. So it wouldn't be a simple swap would it? How much money would we have to hand to get someone like him? Have we go that money? Do Everton need to sell him? Would they want to? And if they did, would Anichebe leave an established team that challenges for 4th place to join us?

So why use him as a stick to beat Carlton and by extension Allardyce with unless there's even a remote possibility that this could happen.
DaveWHU1964

Postby chickawah on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:02 am

bobcar wrote:I'd be slightly disappointed if Carlton was our number one choice next year but as a second choice he's better than most teams out of the top 6. As an example I give Everton - first choice Jelovic second choice Anichebe, how many would swap the second choice from a team much better than us for Carlton?

I'd take them both over Jelavic while under Allardyce. Every time I've seen Jelavic this season (4 or 5 times) he's been proper ****. He's still netted 6 league goals though, so maybe I'm just watching the wrong games.
chickawah

Postby MarylandHammer on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:06 am

Yea Why Not wrote:This is all I keep hearing. Why does Cole need to be replaced? Sure, we could do with a better center forward as first choice but I don't think Cole has ever been seen as an ideal first choice by the management or many of our fans for that mattter. He just always ends up playing due to injuries and other players being, well, sh*tter than he is.

For a mid table club Cole is a decent back up striker. And what makes things even better is he'd actually be happy to take up that role

Point is, just because we need a good first choice striker, that doesn't mean we need to show Cole the door

^^^this.
Carlton played great today. Is he going to set the world on fire - hell no.....is he a good squad player as a backup to a better all rounder - yes.
The guy stuck with WH - plays his heart out - and as today displayed brings something to the table. For 90 minutes, maybe not but as today proved, as a replacement to throw his weight around - hell yeah.
MarylandHammer

Location: on the freedom bus to nowhere city. And we haven't even told our parents what time we'll be back.

Postby bspur1 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:14 am

Was disappointed when Chamkah was subbed i thought he was offering something upfront, however when cole came on he offered more.

I cant understand not offering him a contract, he is a perfect squad player for the type of football allaydyce plays and he is only on squad player wages.
bspur1

Postby sutts07 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:27 am

As many have said... As a squad player, you can not ask for any more from him. He knows that he is not a world class striker and he accepts being second choice to Carroll. He never throws a strop, he always gives his all, and every now and then will either score or assist a very important goal.

You need good squad players in this league. Cole is definitely one of those.
sutts07

Postby BMLGirl on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:08 am

geowhu wrote:I like Carlton Cole as a Person and he seems a Decent Fella , He has shown Loyalty to Us and i Appreciate that , But he is Just Not good Enough as a 1st Choice Striker , He cannot Score simple as that , What ever else he does is Secondary , as a Striker he has to Score and he Doesnt .

This.

Sadly seems to apply to all the strikers we have at the club.
BMLGirl

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion