Relegation: who's responsible? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Who do you blame, primarily, for our impending relegation?

Sullivan & Gold
11%
Avram Grant
25%
Barry Silkman
1%
The playing squad
13%
Gudmundsson & Magnusson
1%
Griffiths/Sheffield United
No votes
A combination of two or more of the above
48%
Something else entirely
0%

Total votes: 295

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Relegation: who's responsible? [POLL]

Post by Up the Junction »

With our impending relegation all but cemented by Wolves' 3-1 win yesterday and the boards awash with threads on the subject I thought we'd have a Monday poll. See above...
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Re: Relegation: who's responsible? [POLL]

Post by Aceface »

I've voted for Grant. I said when the January window closed that there could be no excuses now - he had the players needed to get the team to 17th place (17th for god's sake!) and it's looking increasingly unlikely. I suspect we've now got more chance of finishing dead last than we do of reaching 17th
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

The "who ain't?" list is shorter.
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 247 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Went for the combo option.

Lack of guile and poor management from Grant but the 'couldn'tgiveafuckedness' of the majority of players also deserves some mention.
brookingsboots

Post by brookingsboots »

Whilst Grant is obviously partly responsible, and the two Daves shouldve outed him at Christmas.
I have to say the ultimate blame has to lie with the players...There is quality there, we have seen it in glimpses this season, but the majority of them think they are far far better than they actually are and havent put in the effort to keep us in the league.
mjustincredible
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

voted 'combination of 2 or more of the above' but if i had to pick 1 then i pick avram grant, absolutely useless.

(oh and the pink palermo for going on for weeks how we will finish comfortably mid table :lol: )
munichhammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by munichhammer »

Avram is responsible for the poor performances and motivational issues, but unltimately the buck stops at G and S because it was their decision not to sack him. G&S for me !
hammersgirl7573

Post by hammersgirl7573 »

munichhammer wrote:Avram is responsible for the poor performances and motivational issues, but unltimately the buck stops at G and S because it was their decision not to sack him. G&S for me !
100% agree.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Bit of everything really. The players simply have not been good enough and should have a lot more fight then they have shown. If teams like Wolves and Wigan can battle and grind out points when needed i dont see why we cant do the same...especially when you look at our team and would think man to man we have better players. Lacked hunger and passion all season, and that partly comes down to the manager who hardly looks like he has got the respect of the players. He has positive ideas but when you are low down the table 4-3-3 formations just dont work especially when you are asking forwards to get up and down the pitch and help a defence who have been pretty ***** all season.

The board have tried hard in January, but signing players like Barrera and Reid and then not using them is a waste of a transfer kitty, and the club is in such a state (which they never fail to mention) that you question whether the risk was needed. They also haven't done any favours with how Avram was treated and secretly trying to bring O'neil in, and sticking with Grant once they failed..

Accepting relegation, not showing up to Man City and telling us players will have to be sold before a ball is kicked at blackburn is very poor :thdn:

Everyone has contributed to our downfall for me...simply not been good enough. We now have to depend on other results if we want to stay up, its been a massively poor season.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Past & Present Owners
The majority of the players - not least the current 'captain'
The manager
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 179 likes

Post by James P »

It's a combination of a number of things. The icelandics dumped us in a hole which has hamstrung our ability to shape the squad how we would like. The most senior players have let us down massively whilst other key members have simply not been up to the job. Grant looks to have been without a solid gameplan for much of the season.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Brady's missing from the list......

"When times are good, it pays to get people motivated. When times are tough, you¹ve GOT to get them motivated"
http://www.karrenbrady.co.uk/news/speak ... 040511.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really Karren?
e1hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by e1hammer »

Nick Clegg
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Westbourne Bill wrote:Brady's missing from the list......

"When times are good, it pays to get people motivated. When times are tough, you¹ve GOT to get them motivated"
http://www.karrenbrady.co.uk/news/speak ... 040511.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really Karren?
Just tell them to Bog Off !
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

I agree that it's a combination.

A lot of individuals, if they'd done their individual jobs better, could have changed the expected overall outcome.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

The players (bar one or two exceptions) have no commitment, desire or cohesion, but it's the manager's job to instill these qualities. Therefore I vote 'two or more'.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Grant - Tactically clueless, seems to just randomly drop players, put all his eggs in the basket of Barrea and Reid and neither have hatched
Players - Lack of effort, silly mistakes, Keane is the last few weeks has potentially cost us 4 points or so with chances he would normally put away for breakfast
G & S - For not sacking Grant at Christmas or before, for their silly off field distractions
The fans at home - For making Upton Park such a nervy place for the home side not away
hessa
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by hessa »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote:Went for the combo option.

Lack of guile and poor management from Grant but the 'couldn'tgiveafuckedness' of the majority of players also deserves some mention.
About sums it up for me!
beckton

Post by beckton »

A few other contributing factors but not on the list, Duxbury, Nani and Clattenburg.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

mjustincredible wrote:voted 'combination of 2 or more of the above' but if i had to pick 1 then i pick avram grant, absolutely useless.

(oh and the pink palermo for going on for weeks how we will finish comfortably mid table )
Reckon I'd win this poll if I was mentioned as an option . :lol: