Big Sam. Do you love him yet?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Big Sam. Do you love him yet?

Postby RM6 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:11 am

Last edited by RM6 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
RM6

Re: Big Sam. Do you love him yet?

Postby kayahammer on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:17 am

He's been growing on me...
kayahammer

Postby Smonnie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:33 am

Think Vaz Te as a player type is a revelation about the style the manager aims for. Sam likes wingers who put in a real shift. Vaz Te showed today that it is possible to be effective in attack and defence, through sheer hard work. Sure, we want flair. But why should flair give a player a free ticket to being a passenger, á la Diamanti et al?

Obinna could have been this type of player if he had a brain.
Smonnie

Postby neilbob on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:48 am

from what limited amount I've seen Vaz Te catches my footballing eye much more than Diamate and Ribena ever did. A very astute buy.
neilbob

Postby Hayden on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 am

We were a relegated side, lost our best player and leader, lost our best goalscorer, some good players...

Signed some absolute quality (especially for the Champ), we're top with a game in hand, we've just got 7 from 9 (edited) with ten men...

Safe to say I think Big Sam is doing a fantastic job! I've grown to like him massively - I was never a fan before. Looking forward to him taking us onwards and upwards...

Though he might want to have a word about these red cards - my heart can't take it much more!
Last edited by Hayden on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hayden

Postby Tsinclair on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:58 am

Top manager. Although there are many criticisms you can draw out from him, at the moment I don't have a bad word to say about him. He has injected something into the team which we have been missing for years, I can't pin point what it is, or whether it's more than one thing. b*llocks, grit, red cards and an attitude that we can win games no matter what. Whether you love him or hate him, he's a great manager. Obviously this is my opinion and many of you will be able to point out how he could improve or what he lacks, but this is a great foundation to build our club upon, because realistically we need to be built up again.

He definantly deserves the title, big SAMs claret and blue army.
Tsinclair

Postby johnpantsil on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:53 am

Whilst I wasn't overawed at his appointment, it was clear to me that the team needed someone like Allardyce to get it organised and motivated. Never in my wildest dreams did I envisage the sheer b*llocks he would install in a few short months! His buys have good to great, especially for this division. Kudos should also go to the Dave's for backing him financially.

Top job so far BFS. You might, just might, get your name sung out at this rate.

"Big Fat Sam's Claret and Blue Army?" We'll see...
johnpantsil

Postby Pocket Pardew on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:09 am

Hayden wrote:We were a relegated side, lost our best player and leader, lost our best goalscorer, some good players...

Signed some absolute quality (especially for the Champ), we're top with a game in hand, we've just won three in a row with ten men...

Safe to say I think Big Sam is doing a fantastic job! I've grown to like him massively - I was never a fan before. Looking forward to him taking us onwards and upwards...

Though he might want to have a word about these red cards - my heart can't take it much more!

No we haven't.
Pocket Pardew

Postby ironilunga on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:18 am

In a short space of time he has done a very good job. He seems to be doing the basics very well. Enough has been said about the shambolic regime of Grant. SA has instilled a team spirit and never say die attitude that was sadly lacking.

Whilst the crazy moments that are WHU still remain Sam seems to be able to temper these with a streak of sanity and control.

:thup: from me
ironilunga

Postby richneal on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:54 am

Nope. Mr Entertainment is still a big fat northern monkey who should be sent back to big fat northern monkey land.
richneal

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.

Postby shammy on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:01 am

Not yet, but I must admit to a little stirring.
shammy

Postby Jabsco79 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:23 am

Allardyce was appointed with the sole objective of gaining promotion at the first attempt. Should he succeed in that then I will have respect and admiration for him. He was not my favoured appointment and equally would not be my prefered choice to manage West Ham in the Premiership. I'm not hypocritical to change my core opinion based on where we are as yet.

I'd suggest from his perspective there are still things to review and clarify should we get promoted, most notably would he himself commit to West Ham and life in London? Playing devils advocate, should Bolton be relegated or even stay up by the skin of their teeth, I'd imagine he would be a strong contender to return there?
Jabsco79

Postby Countryboy on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:46 am

Big Fat Sam's Ten-Man Army ... :raver:
Countryboy

Postby miles on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:57 am

If Collison rightly keeps his place ahead of Nolan when he gets back, it might help. :lol:
miles
This site...

Postby regandwendy on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:00 am

NO ! let him get us up then bring in PDC !!!!!
regandwendy

Postby Heart0fIron on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:19 am

How can you not love him?? My ex wanted to bake him chocolate muffins ffs.....can you imagine some nice looking brunette strolling up to BFS in the dugout before kick off with a tray of muffins.....wishing him and the lads luck.....how would he react???
Heart0fIron

Postby Hayden on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:21 am

Pocket Pardew wrote:No we haven't.

Quite right - I got carried away in the drunken moment!
Hayden

Postby morrisey is a hammer on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:21 am

Dont love him, but have alot of respect for the job his doing. Top of the league and very happy.
morrisey is a hammer

Postby Hayden on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:22 am

I think it will be a while before Big Sam's Claret and Blue Army!
Hayden

Postby Old Fat Tits on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:41 am

If he gets us promoted/wins the title and performs 'Bat Out Of Hell' live in the center circle at The Boleyn I will.

Oh!, at risk of repetition...he s NOT a northerner and he certainly aint no monkey
:crest:
Old Fat Tits

Next

Return to General Discussion