Hammers on Loan 2012/13

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Hammers on Loan 2012/13

Postby LeonRivers on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:46 pm

2012/13 Loans:

Jake Larkins - Grays Athletic : 28th Sept - 17th Oct (recalled)
Appearances: 2
Conceded: 2
Clean Sheets: 0

Dan Potts - Colchester United : 22nd November - 3rd January (recalled)
Appearances: 5
Goals: 0
Yellow Cards: 1

Declan Hunt - Braintree Town : 16th November - 5th January
Appearances: 1(3)

Blair Turgott - Bradford City : November 22nd -March 3rd
Appearances: 2(7)

Paul McCallum - AFC Wimbledon : November 22nd - March 3rd
Appearances: 6(3)
Goals: 4
Red Cards: 1
League 2 Player of the Month: January

Paul McCallum - Aldershot Town: March 8th - April 27th
Appearances: 5(3)
Goals: 3

Robert Hall - Birmingham City : November 22nd - March 16th
Appearances: 11(2)
Assists: 7

Robert Hall - Bolton Wanderers : March 28th to end of season
Appearances: 1

Stephen Henderson - Ipswich Town : 16th October - 5th January (recalled) /31st January - 21st March (recalled)
Appearances: 24
Conceded: 32
Clean Sheets: 8
Penalty Saves: 1

Ravel Morrison - Birmingham City : 2012/13 season
Appearances: 26(4)
Goals: 3
Assists: 4
Yellow Cards: 5
Official MoM: 3

Alou Diarra - Stade Rennais 31st January - end of season
Appearances: 8(3)
Assists: 1
Last edited by LeonRivers on Wed May 29, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 90 times in total.
LeonRivers

Re: Hammers on Loan 2012/13

Postby LeonRivers on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Ravel Morrison

Birmigham v Barnet (League Cup R2)

Ravel started the match, playing 78 minutes.

According to BBC's live text updates, Ravel's only contribution of note was to give away a free kick for a foul on Abdullah.

Olly Lee, Jordan Brown, Ahmed Abdullah and Anthony Edgar all started for Banet. Brown provided the assist for Barnet's goal.
LeonRivers

Postby chunkay on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Up to you if you want to include this, but Mad Rav also got a goal and a man of the match award for a pre-season friendly playing with Birmingham
chunkay

Postby LeonRivers on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Apologies for the delay. I've had to wait until today to get an account on a blues website validated. I'll be using http://bcfcforum.co.uk/index.php? for fan comments.
Here's how the bluenoses rated Ravel's debut:

abblue
"Morrison - The only one who was trying to play some constructive football early on."

NeilM
"Morrison was ok, too much side ways passing for me, didn't seem to see chances for forward passes very often when they seemed the best option, could frustrate a bit this season."

dant1875
"I think we're all getting a bit ahead of ourselves regarding Ravel - the lad hasn't even been here a week yet & has already been thrown into 2 games. Give him some time & once he starts knowing where his team-mates are likely to be we will see the reason he was at Man ure. Yes he missed a couple of passes that would have put us on the attack, but I think we can already see how the others think of him, as virtually every player was looking for him when they had the ball."

11thhour
"Morrison , young and willing to work , there is something about this kid if he keeps his head."

Blacksmith
"Morrison 7 - Some very clever passes. Always wants the ball and not afraid to hold onto it, but sometimes held onto it too much."
LeonRivers

Postby baritalia on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Does Ravel live in Manchester now and only comes to Brum for games or what?
baritalia

Postby pdbis on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Lee Clark said that he sees a bit of Paul Gascoigne in Ravel so we can expect him to turn up for training wearing a dressing gown holding a fishing rod and a plastic bag containing cans of beer /chicken. :lol:
pdbis

Postby Iron Spine v2.0 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:55 pm

pdbis wrote:Lee Clark said that he sees a bit of Paul Gascoigne in Ravel so we can expect him to turn up for training wearing a dressing gown holding a fishing rod and a plastic bag containing cans of beer /chicken. :lol:

He's already had a dentist's chair celebration...
Iron Spine v2.0

Postby casshammer on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Played another 63 mins today. Good to see him getting a run of games, hopefully this will settle him down and not give him too much free time to f*ck it all up.
casshammer

Postby LeonRivers on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:25 pm

Ravel Morrison

Birmigham v Charlton (Championship)

Ravel started the match, playing 63 minutes. He was named Man of the Match.

BBC's live text updates:
39:51 Ravel Morrison has a shot on goal from outside the area which misses left.

That's it. Views of the fans to follow......
Last edited by LeonRivers on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:35 am

Fan's views: (a tremendous Mullins v Morrison debate happened in the player ratings thread :lol: )

willvbcfc
"How many times did no one drop deep to ask to receive the ball from the defence, so we had to go long? Was it Mullins' job or was it Morrison's? Which one of them was the advanced midfielder and which one was delegated to sit? It didn't look as if they knew."

blackrose
"Morrison showed some real quality at times"

bluesfanCA
"the problem is we have too many good players in the center of the midfield. gonna have to start mixing and matching with Amrbose and Ravel in the middle up front and Redmond down the left wing "
"its just tough because CAM is also Ravel's role. and he has to be on the pitch too because its obvious he's also got great quality and im sure its written in the loan deal with west ham that he is required to see a certain amount of time playing. obviously it is a good problem to have, too have too many good players "

blueoscar
"Ravel Morrison 6 showed some nice touches but faded, needs time to settle"

bcfc1955
"However at the moment I see a midfield of FAhey and Morrison possibly being our best option."
"Mullins performances in midfield both in the friendlies and the two matches this week have not been good enough and he has been 2nd best in my opinion to Morrisons performances."

clapton bluenose
"Ravel 6 thought he was good at times very clever player with vision just wandering whether he would be better running with the ball as oppose to looking for a side ways pass all the time."

Jakeee
"Morrison - 5 - Awful, never did his job, he was pretty much doing Mullins' job by passing it sideways and looking for openings except without the tackling, he never really looked to charge forward and create chances. How he got MOTM, I'll never know."
"Morrison also only passes sideways, that's not what he should be there to do. He should be running forward with the ball and playing it forward instead of Mullins. Ambrose in for Morrison for me next game in the middle and Redmond out wide."
"Morrison should have linked up the play more with the wingers and full backs and go forward more, with and without the ball, too often he would pass it sideways himself and sit back a little, when that's not what he should be there to do. I only saw him burst forward once with the ball and he created a chance and his shot went wide, other than that, it was garbage."

Papaulski
"Ravel didn't do much wrong and can't think of him really misplacing a pass."
"Morrison wasn't amazing but still kept the ball ticking. I wanna see Ambrose and Ravel in the middle together."

11thhour
"Morrison 7.5 I thought this lad looked the part , tried things, no lack of confidence, this kid COULD be a player..."

NeilM
"I have seen 3 games with them playing together and I still think Mullins and Morrison can't play in the same team, they are too similar in their positional play and try and cover the same areas, which means other areas are not covered and are left free for the opposition, the only way they could work is to tell Morrison to sit further forward and link up with the forwards, whilst Mullins links with the backline, but that is not happening. Morrison was a bit better at the end of the 1st half when he actually moved to ball forwards for the first time, and then he had a run and shot, he needs to do more of that, he has the skill and that will help our general link up play."
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:44 pm

Ravel is going to be live on TV tonight. Brum game televised.
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Ravel Morrison

Watford v Birmigham (Championship)

Ravel came on as an 82nd minute substitute.

BBC's live text updates:
84:12 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jonathan Hogg on Curtis Davies. Strike comes in from Ravel Morrison from the free kick.

I watched the match, and he had a couple of nice touches, creating space for himself nicely.

That's it. Views of the fans to follow......
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:42 pm

The_Bear
"What is Morrison doing with his fing shorts? FFS this is foot ball not a fashion parade, Jesus."

petebaldwin
"30 seconds in and Morrison has done more than Ambrose managed whilst he was on."
"Morrison 7 - Didn't have long but won a decent free kick and made a nice burst into the box at the end. I assume he's been injured but he has to start now."

The Yeung Pretenders
"Poor from Ravel, bad first touch and bad cross. But at least he got into an attacking position."

DarrenBCFC
"Ravel ? only had a few minutes but was neat and tidy on the ball"

bluesfanCA
"RAVEL: 6.5, at least he looked to attack in his short cameo"

blackrose
"thought Morrison was good, like the look of him, when he gets used to playing at this level in a few games' time, he will be a great player for us."

07blues08 - clearly a bonehead
"Butland - awful
Redmond - awful
Morrisson - awful

Send them out on loan" :lol:
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:58 am

Ravel started their first two games, came on as sub in the third, unused sub in the last two games.

Bluebird
"Still early days but I would be playing Lovenkrands up front with Ravel just behind him.... "

Zeus
"It seems Clark doesn't rate Morrison so we can probably forget him starting,"

bluenose1875
"Morrison in for mullins will give us the much needed quality in midfield."

MikaelForssell
"Ravel next to him [Gomis] can burst forward to help the attack, and sit in and do some of the dirty work if need be...can also take the sting out of a game by putting his foot on the ball under pressure and helping us keep possession, something we drastically lack currently."

They hate Mullins on there.
LeonRivers

Postby Jarvo on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Cheers Leon :thup:

Do we have any other Hammers out on loan? Or is it just Ravel?
Jarvo

Postby hudds town hammer on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:00 pm

good idea this post, hope we can have some info on our other players out on loan aswell as morrison though,, although i keep an eye on brum as it will be intresting to see how clark does after getting the boot from Town
hudds town hammer

Postby Scaloni Is The Messiah on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:32 pm

hudds town hammer wrote:hope we can have some info on our other players out on loan aswell as morrison though

Like?
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Postby LeonRivers on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:32 pm

haha.

I must admit that, after last season's seemingly endless list of loanees, I was expecting a little more subject material this time around.
I guess that, now the transfer window is shut there might be some lower league sides sniffing around our youngsters. Mid october I think the loan window shuts, isn't it?
LeonRivers

Postby Pepin on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:20 pm

Can anyone provide more info on how is Ravel doing in Birmingham?
He was named MoTM in two of his first three games over there and no playing time since if I'm correct. Strange, isn't it?
Pepin

Postby LeonRivers on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Ravel was an unused sub again in Birmigham's 2-2 draw at Forest on Saturday.
LeonRivers

Next

Return to General Discussion