Harry Redknapp

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Re: Harry Redknapp

Postby mushy on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:34 pm

Hampshire Hammer wrote: simple as that is it; is the question not - should I go to a club very likely to get relegated and run the risk of having that on my cv and possibly being clubless again at the end of the seasonl or should I stay at a club likely to finish mid-table (and maybe improve in future seasons) playing well and looking good, and possibly attract an offer from a bigger and more successful club?

Put like that, the question is more money now (risking possibly losing money long term) or less now with the possibility of more later. Surely Fernandes would not be stupid enough to throw huge wages at players for the next 5 years with no get out clauses, so double your wages for 5 years is unlikely.

You are probably right but QPR are in no real position to negotiate, they are in a desperate state.
If they are serious about signing players then it will cost them serious money. Diames agent will see to it that all the clauses are in his favour and he wont be out of pocket no matter what.
Personally I think Fernandez would be better off writing off this season and start planning for next.
I cant see Diame going there to be honest.
mushy

Postby LeonRivers on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Just seen this on NewsNow:

"QPR open talks over six new signings Metro.co.uk 18:42"

Classic Harry. He's not a wheeler and dealer though....
LeonRivers

Postby Tommy B on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Anyone else notice that every time you look at the sky sports home page there is a picture of harry with a new and quite frankly 'sad' story about him and spurs and even more humourously the latest player to reject qpr. I don't think he has quite delt with the fact he was sacked at spurs keeps banging on about how it's the same team he left and that they could fielded 2 PL quality teams blah blah.
Tommy B

Postby 1966 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Tommy B wrote:Anyone else notice that every time you look at the sky sports home page there is a picture of harry with a new and quite frankly 'sad'

Sad? Hair do? Only yesterday my gf said he's staring to look like Ronald McDonald.

Postby Wembley1966 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:12 pm

From today's Independent - poor Harry

Harry Redknapp: Loïc Rémy was happy enough to meet me when I was at Spurs. Now I'm at QPR...

In the days when he was Tottenham Hotspur manager, Harry Redknapp could travel Europe and command an audience with just about any player who was potentially on the move. Last week he found out that his new position at Queen's Park Rangers does not confer quite so many privileges on the incumbent.

He was back in Marseilles to watch Loïc Rémy, the striker he has been chasing since he took over at QPR in November. As Spurs manager he had met with the player before but on this occasion he was politely informed by associates of the 26-year-old that Rémy had declined the opportunity to see Redknapp.

"Didn't want to come," Redknapp said, when asked if Rémy – now tracked by Arsenal as well as Newcastle United – was a potential recruit for the relegation battle. "I went over last week to watch him, not that I needed to, as I watched him seven times when I was at Spurs. Then he just did not want to speak about coming. I couldn't even get a meeting with him."
Wembley1966

Postby Doc H Ball on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Willtelll wrote:I am certain Redknapp was sacked.

Excellent posts Willtelll, sums up my feelings towards HR.

As for the 'sacking', worth remembering that Harry's mum or dad had literally just died when he went to see Brown and he was always likely to kick off. I think they came to some sort of 'agreement' but in reality Brown got shot of him.

I was at that meeting on video. Pretty much every supporter thought Matty Holmes was better than Frank and when H said he'd play for England f'sure there was much mirth. Shows what we knew as opposed to what H knew.

He was an incredibly good manager for us warts and all. Brown was the villain of the piece in my book.
Doc H Ball

Postby speculator on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Well done Harry a point against a top three side. Put your money on him keeping QPR up.
speculator

Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Postby Bobby Orangeboom on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Top 3 side my arse.

They've gone above Chelsea on GD having payed a game more than them, in January.

That doesn't make a team a top 3 side, they've never finished I the top 3 in the history if the Premier League.

And I'll take anyone's money H will take that Ship down, although I'm unsure if he'll go down with it as that ain't his style.
Bobby Orangeboom

Postby e17 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:46 am

Harry's at it again. There's some absolute classic H catchphrases in this one.. But AVB's response to loaning Livermore actually made me laugh the most:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21001553

Is there any other manager, who on naming their targets like he does to his media mates wouldn't get done for tapping up, or at least some sort of trouble with the FA?
e17

Postby smuts on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:54 am

Typical Twitcher...."I'd love player X, but it's with the chairman so I don't know if he's done a deal with Club Y....but I'd love Player X here for sure"............. :arry:
smuts

Postby York Ham(mer) on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Smart man Mr Remy. I like him.
York Ham(mer)

Postby claret and bobby on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:26 pm

I don't get why clubs don't grass him for tapping up more often. Harry pulling his classic moves to lure odemwingie, it's like football turns a blind were when he's concerned..
claret and bobby

Postby JBs Caravan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:23 pm

Jim,Jim "I dont see us doing an buisness" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Next day 4 players join
JBs Caravan

Postby EastLondonHammer on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:02 pm

QPR were 6 points adrift when Harry Redknapp took over. £25m and 19 games later #QPR are 7 points adrift
EastLondonHammer

Postby chuffster on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:15 pm

EastLondonHammer wrote:QPR were 6 points adrift when Harry Redknapp took over. £25m and 19 games later #QPR are 7 points adrift
:lol:
chuffster

Postby speculator on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:44 pm

Yes, but there a lot better side now. Unlucky not to get a point tonight at Fulham.
speculator

Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Postby thejackhammer on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:56 pm

speculator wrote:Yes, but there a lot better side now. Unlucky not to get a point tonight at Fulham.

Are you Harry Redknapp?
thejackhammer

Postby Modern on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:01 pm

His post match interview confused me, he had a good at Samba for "wondering up front in the last 10 minutes"... causing them to play long ball. Why didn't he just tell him to move back if he didn't like it?

Strange
Modern

Postby Jumby on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:14 pm

He thought he was going to roll up at Loftus road, buy a load of players, keep them up and then cruise to mid table or above next season and be the Messiah, look what has happened though :lol:

It's good for football what is happening with Harry and QPR. Meanwhile you have to admire Southampton, a club that were in a right mess a few years back, no thanks to Harry I might add. They've not spent mega bucks, they changed their manager, much to the dismay of many, and now they're looking like they're going to stay up, and doing it playing some wonderful football.

I can't wait to see the mess at Loftus Road this summer, all those big earners will have to go, on the cheap no doubt too, Harry will be full of excuses, it's going to be great to watch!
Jumby

Location: Skewered on a pin, in the glare of others, supposed, intellect

Postby pharaoh on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Jumby wrote:He thought he was going to roll up at Loftus road, buy a load of players, keep them up and then cruise to mid table or above next season and be the Messiah, look what has happened though :lol:

It's good for football what is happening with Harry and QPR. Meanwhile you have to admire Southampton, a club that were in a right mess a few years back, no thanks to Harry I might add. They've not spent mega bucks, they changed their manager, much to the dismay of many, and now they're looking like they're going to stay up, and doing it playing some wonderful football.

I can't wait to see the mess at Loftus Road this summer, all those big earners will have to go, on the cheap no doubt too, Harry will be full of excuses, it's going to be great to watch!

Southampton bought quite heavily at the start of the season if I remember well and have also sacked their manager.
pharaoh

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion