Jack Collison

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Jack Collison

Postby Yea Why Not on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:10 am

All this talk of Joe Cole and the transfer window has over shadowed the return of Jack Collison. Two 90 minutes on the trot, it's great to see him back playing again!

:crest:
Yea Why Not

Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Re: Jack Collison

Postby Status Kev on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:32 am

Great to see the lad back. Let's hope his injury problems are behind him. He deserves a decent break after all he's been through.
Status Kev

Postby _fortunes_ on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:33 am

I'll get in before Paddy O'Hammer and just say...'JINX' :D

But seriously though from talk of never being the same again both Jack & the medical teams have done a phenomenal job onwards & upwards!
_fortunes_

Postby Muddy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:00 am

Fantastic to have him back in a West Ham shirt. Always liked Jack, had a good game.
Muddy

Postby Bobby Orangeboom on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:08 am

Two really good 90 mins too. :thup:
Bobby Orangeboom

Postby VikeltAussie on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:20 am

Hear hear!
VikeltAussie

Location: Sydney, Sydney, oh Sydney said I, I will stand in Moore Park til the day I die

Postby Viking_Hammer on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:33 am

Yep has looked very good and I always forget how mature and composed he is when playing. If he keeps growing the way he has when he´s been injury free he´ll be one hell of a player in a few years time.

Really hope our physio team can keep his knee under control from now on.
Viking_Hammer

Postby RyanWHUFC on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:51 am

Jack has been superb in the middle against both Norwich and Man U. Fully deserving of a starting place against Sunderland IMO. Knocks it about nicely, works hard, has an ability to ghost into good positions in and around the box and can finish, hopefully we can start seeing some more of the latter soon. :thup:
RyanWHUFC

Postby baritalia on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:02 am

I owe him and our medical team an apology. I really thought he was finished but Andy Rolls seems to be doing a fantastic job.
baritalia

Postby mushy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:23 am

Quick feet and a proper footballing brain.
Makes Nolan look very pedestrian indeed.
mushy

Postby Mad Professor on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:30 am

baritalia wrote:I owe him and our medical team an apology. I really thought he was finished but Andy Rolls seems to be doing a fantastic job.

I can second that. I thought he was finished too. Good to see him back playing 90 and quite frankly looking the part!
Mad Professor

Postby AlfieG on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:32 am

Why does every player have to be compared to a team mate? (Is this a playstation Fifa feature?)

They all have strengths and weaknesses and as long as they are contributing all they can to our winning team I couldn't give a flying one about who looks pedestrian. :D
AlfieG

Postby Matt of iron on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:52 am

He is a classy player on the ball, needs to switch on a bit regarding tracking back but we got done like a kipper by that move.
Matt of iron

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:56 am

Thought he had one of his best games for the club yesterday. Considering he's been out for over six months.
westham,eggyandchips

Location: Playing drums for the worlds greatest air guitar band.

Postby mumbles87 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:02 pm

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Thought he had one of his best games for the club yesterday. Considering he's been out for over six months.

Such a better corner taker aswell compared to noble...

He not only beat the first man with his first.. he found diarra.
mumbles87

Postby Lincolnhammer92 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:22 pm

His corners are constantly dangerous. One of my favourite players, always looks good going forward, makes intelligent runs and passes and can score a goal like we saw last season. Hope his injury problems are behind him for good.
Lincolnhammer92

Postby Jumby on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Fantastic to see him back, two very good displays from him, he's doing his dad proud. What has happened to Jack would break many players but this boy is showing us all what he's made of
Jumby

Location: Skewered on a pin, in the glare of others, supposed, intellect

Postby Hambrosia Stu on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Jumby wrote:Fantastic to see him back, two very good displays from him, he's doing his dad proud. What has happened to Jack would break many players but this boy is showing us all what he's made of

Indeed. He's done very well imo
I was half expecting him to be a shadow of his former self. Maybe a bit tentative, maybe looking like he was lacking fitness, perhaps lacking in confidence

But no, he's been excellent from the word go, and has shown plenty of glimpses of the excellent player he is. He's actually improved us since his return, so hopefully with a few more games under his belt, he can put his injury worries behind him and become a regular and key player for us. I do feel we are a stronger side with him in it

We have enough options now to ease him in a bit gradually, so he can build up his stamina and match fitness, and surely he'll only get better with a run of games behind him.
Onwards and upwards young Jack :thup:
Hambrosia Stu

Postby Johnny Pa(i)ntsil on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Glad he's back. He needs a touch more sharpness on putting those follow-up blasts away and not in to row J. But that will come soon enough if he keeps getting match time and training. Considering the time he's missed and the severity of his injuries, I'm very, very pleased for him.
Johnny Pa(i)ntsil

Postby eastendborn on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:20 pm

You're gonna hate me- but am i the only one that thinks that Jack Collison is over-rated? He did nothing to mark Cleverley for Man U's first goal on Saturday- appeared statuesque to me, and when he shoots ( al ot when he would be better playing a ball into the box/ or a one-two) - 9 times out of 10 the ball goes over the bar. Sometimes he has a reasonable game- but often seems sloth-like. Can't fault his desire to play for West Ham- but sorry i do not rate him as a quality player.
eastendborn

Next

Return to General Discussion