Mo Diame

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Mo Diame

Postby gatesytheqs on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:56 pm

After watching the first half against QPR I feel compelled to comment on Mo Diame's future. I dont think it is a coincidence that he was warming the bench for Wigan last year as Martinez must have clearly seen what I keep seeing....takes the wrong option more often that not, either to run or to pass or to shoot & for me seems more interested in his own performance than that of the teams. McCarthur & McMarthy were both keeping him out of the Wigan team for doing exactly the opposite, they choose the right option and play for the team.

Granted we do seem slightly better with him in the side than without but he doesnt offer that much more than GON in my opinion.

Watch him bang a couple in in the 2nd half now! & i hope he does.....
gatesytheqs

Re: Mo Diame

Postby EastEndIRON on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:58 pm

How dare you!

Leave immediately

:wink:
EastEndIRON

Postby baritalia on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:58 pm

The best player at West Ham United.
baritalia

Postby D C on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:20 pm

He really isnt though. Athlete. No football brain. Easily replaceable.
D C

Postby GaryP on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:26 pm

oops
GaryP

Postby Denbighammer on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:32 pm

D C wrote:He really isnt though. Athlete. No football brain. Easily replaceable.

Harsh. He isn't our best player but he clearly isn't easily replaceable otherwise we'd have let him go for £3.5m and got someone else in.

IMO, there are some clear holes in his game, his decision making is frequently suspect but a player with his engine and ability to change a game with a burst of pace or piece of skill is a rare thing and I think he's very important to our team.
Denbighammer

Postby D C on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:59 pm

No one has bid 3.5m have they? (genuine question as im out of the loop a bit) So how do you know we wouldnt sell him and bring someone else in? Im not saying we should be inviting clubs to take up his clause, but if he goes we'll find another energetic athlete to replace him in the summer.

Besides if he was half as good as some on here make out, why arent clubs queing up to get him at such a low price?

All imo of course.
D C

Postby aaronwhufc on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 pm

He's our most influential player. Have you been watching the games he's been missing? He adds something which we lack, energy and willingness to run.
aaronwhufc

Postby VikeltAussie on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:01 pm

baritalia wrote:The best player at West Ham United.

really? Based on 3 good performances this season? I'd say Winston wins it at a canter
VikeltAussie

Location: Sydney, Sydney, oh Sydney said I, I will stand in Moore Park til the day I die

Postby baritalia on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Really? Does it have anything to do with you being from the same continent? In case you watched today's game, did you see who failed to do the offside trap?
baritalia

Postby aaronwhufc on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:08 pm

I don't think i can accept any argument (rational or not) from someone who believes Gary O'neill is capable of the same things as Mo Diame. I'm sorry, but that's laughable.

He covered us on so many occasions today when Demel and the others were further upfield. The guys making runs left right and centre to open up some space.

I just don't get the criticism. Who would you rather play?
aaronwhufc

Postby VikeltAussie on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:10 pm

baritalia wrote:Really? Does it have anything to do with you being from the same continent? In case you watched today's game, did you see who failed to do the offside trap?

......................................... New Zealand.... same continent.... as Australia...

holy **** you are ignorant.

Yes, he made a mistake today. But l'd say the general consensus would be he's been far more vital to this season than MoMo who has been anonymous in more than one game.
VikeltAussie

Location: Sydney, Sydney, oh Sydney said I, I will stand in Moore Park til the day I die

Postby New Jersey on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Diame is a big player for us, don't want to lose him. He shines in our side, but he wouldn't stand out in a top four team. That's why I hope he wants to stay with us. Big fish, small pond rather than squad player in a big pond.
New Jersey

Postby bspur1 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:40 pm

New Jersey wrote:Diame is a big player for us, don't want to lose him. He shines in our side, but he wouldn't stand out in a top four team. That's why I hope he wants to stay with us. Big fish, small pond rather than squad player in a big pond.

Agree, good player for us but IMO hes not a 70-80K player if thats what it takes to sign him he can go. Especially with his condition.

He wont play in a top 4 side any way, whilst his best is more than good enough , he makes too many mistakes

His overall game isn't good enough.

His Game against Arsenal sums him, his goal was absolute class of the highest order, however he conceded 2 goals by loosing possession in poor positions twice.
bspur1

Postby Lincolnhammer92 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:41 pm

He's very good but he's not irreplaceable. He's not, and will never be, a world-class box-to-box midfielder but he's more than good enough for a mid table Premier League side.
Lincolnhammer92

Postby Kendal Iron on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:46 pm

baritalia wrote:The best player at West Ham United.

He has been very good for us this season, but has had several poor games as well.

Too call him our best player is well over the top.
Kendal Iron

Postby rudeboydubs on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:46 pm

ive had enough of caring if he is staying or going...whereas to start with i would of paid some of his wages myself lol but as it drags on my love for west ham comes through and if he doesn't want to stay he can go. I know alot of people said this to start with but some of us were blurry eyed by his occasional flash of what hes capable of,
rudeboydubs

Postby fmgod on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:18 pm

The reason we miss him when isn't playing is due to the fact we have no other player like him with strength, pace and power but footballing wise he's very average, poor passing, poor decision making at times, his nothing special, personally think we are about his level.
fmgod

Postby Simply Moore on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:23 pm

I would be disappointed to see Diame leave but I would be devastated to see Winston go. By far more important to us than Mo.
Simply Moore

Postby bspur1 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm

Simply Moore wrote:I would be disappointed to see Diame leave but I would be devastated to see Winston go. By far more important to us than Mo.

You must be another Kiwi, apparently he is so **** unless you come from the great Continent of New Zealand you couldn't possibly think he has had a better season than Diame
bspur1

Next

Return to General Discussion