Mo Diame

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Re: Mo Diame

Postby mightyhammer on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:47 pm

so nobody thinks its strange that he waits till the 24th January to say this, the day after Wenger is reported not being interested in signing him?.......I d say all the "slagging off" has been totally justified, the 3.5mill clause was put in clearly so he could use us as a stepping stone, so expect him to go in the summer......but he could have put an end to the speculation going on this month a lot earlier if he really was happy here.....
mightyhammer

Postby wizzo_66 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:58 pm

mightyhammer wrote:so nobody thinks its strange that he waits till the 24th January to say this, the day after Wenger is reported not being interested in signing him?.......

You mean the day after he praised him as an effective player? He didn't say anything of the above.
wizzo_66

Location: Sunny Bournemouth & the Bobby Moore Lower on Matchdays

Postby the wren on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Bamber Gascoigne "Redknackers has spoken about signing everyone - he even lists the Barnstonworth players from Ripping Yarns as players he likes...."

:lol:
Classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9KXrRUZqtw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the wren

Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Postby westlondonhammer on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:13 pm

mightyhammer wrote:so nobody thinks its strange that he waits till the 24th January to say this, the day after Wenger is reported not being interested in signing him?

The problem with this forum is that people 'think' too much (some who really really shouldn't...such as Puff and all his conspiracy theories). Everything suddenly becomes a conspiracy.

Diame came out today because yesterday there was a very damaging report in a newspaper...there have been mere gossip but yesterday had claimed he has actually done something, which he didn't.

Do we need every player who gets linked to another club continually reassuring us how happy they are? Are some really that insecure? Jesus

When Diame signed he inserted clauses into his contract to protect himself... just as the club do with some of their clauses to protect their best interests.

As long as he is here, happy and willing to put 100% in I really don't care about the rest.

Some people on here need to stop taking everything they read so personally.
westlondonhammer

Postby mightyhammer on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:40 pm

wizzo_66 wrote:You mean the day after he praised him as an effective player? He didn't say anything of the above.

I never said that Wenger actually said that, I said it was "reported", there is a difference.....and as Sam himself said today that all the speculation unsettles players, there was nothing stopping Diame nipping this all in the bud much earlier in the month if he was/is so happy here.......
mightyhammer

Postby wizzo_66 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:46 pm

mightyhammer wrote:I never said that Wenger actually said that, I said it was "reported", there is a difference

Cut out the condescending tone. Where was the report then? It was quite the opposite. - You need to look at what's being printed rather than make it up in your own head yourself. Wenger has praised Diame regularly.

On reports - Why should a player have to dispell rumours every time a paper prints something?

The facts are he has a contract with us and he has been playing well overall.

**** him off if he does engineer himself a move, but don't do it before.
wizzo_66

Location: Sunny Bournemouth & the Bobby Moore Lower on Matchdays

Postby BLT319 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Does this mean hell sign the new contract?
BLT319

Postby Pompey Hammer on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:01 pm

BLT319 wrote:Does this mean hell sign the new contract?

MoMo love money!

Or, could be as said above, like a Chairman giving a Manager their Vote of Confidence
Pompey Hammer

Postby Pulls up Trees on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:00 pm

westlondonhammer wrote:The problem with this forum is that people 'think' too much (some who really really shouldn't...such as Puff and all his conspiracy theories). Everything suddenly becomes a conspiracy.

Diame came out today because yesterday there was a very damaging report in a newspaper...there have been mere gossip but yesterday had claimed he has actually done something, which he didn't.

Do we need every player who gets linked to another club continually reassuring us how happy they are? Are some really that insecure? Jesus

When Diame signed he inserted clauses into his contract to protect himself... just as the club do with some of their clauses to protect their best interests.

As long as he is here, happy and willing to put 100% in I really don't care about the rest.

Some people on here need to stop taking everything they read so personally.

Spot on!
Pulls up Trees

Postby DODGYDAL on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:06 pm

I believe today's statement today was false he is off
DODGYDAL

Postby HamburgHammer on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:20 pm

Apparently we've offered him improved terms of 50K a week or more and given him a deadline to sort out a new deal with us. Even IF Spurs, Everton, Arsenal or Fulham were to activate his release clause the question for Diame then is:

Will the other teams offer similar or higher wages ?
Will he play more games than he'd be playing for West Ham ?
Will those teams guarantee him European football ?

According to most reports I've read recently he is happy and settled (unlike his agent). It would take a very good offer from one of those mentioned teams to prise him away from West Ham at this point.
HamburgHammer

Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise

Postby Doc H Ball on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 pm

westlondonhammer wrote:The problem with this forum is that people 'think' too much

Beats working.
Doc H Ball

Postby DODGYDAL on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:36 pm

Don't know why I said today twice. It is my opinion that Diame will NOT be a west ham player at the close of the transfer window
DODGYDAL

Postby Bobby Orangeboom on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:42 pm

HamburgHammer wrote:Apparently we've offered him improved terms of 50K a week or more and given him a deadline to sort out a new deal with us. Even IF Spurs, Everton, Arsenal or Fulham were to activate his release clause the question for Diame then is:

Will the other teams offer similar or higher wages ?
Will he play more games than he'd be playing for West Ham ?
Will those teams guarantee him European football ?

According to most reports I've read recently he is happy and settled (unlike his agent). It would take a very good offer from one of those mentioned teams to prise him away from West Ham at this point.

I've never known a poster to make our beloved game sound more like a soap opera than you.

You seem to read and believe every awful tabloid there is, and unfortunately share it on here.
Bobby Orangeboom

Postby HamburgHammer on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:50 pm

I don't know what soap operas you are watching, but my comment had very little soap opera about it, merely mentioning rumours of which there are plenty (unsurprisingly considering a lowly release clause amount of 3.5 million for a player like Diame) and giving my opinion on those.

If only cold hard facts were allowed to be discussed on here we'd have pretty little to discuss most days...
HamburgHammer

Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise

Postby Westcliff Hammer on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:54 pm

West Ham News ‏@WHUFC_News

The Guardian: Spurs, Everton, Fulham and Arsenal all looking to activate Momo Diame's release clause. #whufc #goodbye

I've tried not post what i saw on twitter i realised that it was getting on peoples nerves but i found this.
Westcliff Hammer

Postby claret and bobby on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:09 am

That would relate to this..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/24/tottenham-mohamed-diame-west-ham

...which is why twitter is a load of b*llocks really. Read the article and it says nothing we don't know already. No offers have been made, Mo says he's happy here. Bloody hope he doesn't go to Spurs, but if they do come in with an offer he'll go sadly.
claret and bobby

Postby York Ham(mer) on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:10 am

Not a good idea to post stuff off Twitter. Worse than than that Football Rumours website (unless DG says it).
York Ham(mer)

Postby WCpete on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:31 am

Well, West Ham News has just asked David Gold why the official site has lied about Diame. Says it will be revealed in the morning that the release has been activated.
WCpete

Postby Lincolnhammer92 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:11 am

WCpete wrote:Well, West Ham News has just asked David Gold why the official site has lied about Diame. Says it will be revealed in the morning that the release has been activated.

What if the release clause was activated AFTER the OS said it wasn't?
Lincolnhammer92

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion