Allardyce: Stick or twist?

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Re: Allardyce: Stick or twist

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Whats Di Matteo up to these days? He'll get our lads playing some nice stuff and is also not afraid to park the bus :P
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

This is really beginning to drive me nuts. I've never been a big fan of Sam, but recognize the good things he has done. Got us up, kept us up. However, I also see the bad. The terrible football (at times), the surrender at Forest, his arrogance, his (seeming) lack of affinity with the club.
But now I just wish they would sack him or back him.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

ToiletDuck wrote:Hambrosia Stu
I should have made myself clear, after he got given a stay of execution in the summer I was in the back him camp as both he and the club seemed to make the right noises about moving forward.

regarding the defeats in the tour, what gauls me is that the manager of syndney said no EPL team should loose to an A-league side. And Newcastle another cub apparently in turmoil managed to get results out there.

I appreciate that in pre seasons its about the workout more than the performance but it was embarrassing, lets be honest. Also I have stated that I will reserve judgment so to speak until after the Sampdoria game as this will give the new players, coaches etc time to gel together more. But until a realistic replacement is there I will support the players and the manager.

I am sure that all supporters would want some decent positive news over the next few days rather than the injury, blame, in, out, debt, poor performance news we seem to be getting a lot of.

in future I will try to make my points clearer
Fair play mate. I'm much the same really (would have twisted in the summer, but once that wasn't going to happen, get behind him for one last season....)
I guess for me there's a large element of
Claretandblueyank wrote:2) NZ is far away and players were obviously not ready to play those matches. Crazy decision to make squad travel there for a few days just to build brand. Plus, games are not an indicator: we were **** hot in preseason under Grant.
about the NZ tour. Not something I could blame Sam for really...

We'll have a better idea once we start playing games back in Europe
snooperpooper
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by snooperpooper »

[quote="SBB"

I see little evidence to support that.

How do you expect me to recognise that. What possible evidence do you have that the board realise he is the best man to deliver thier long term plan. I wold say that exact opposite. Id love to know what makes you think this..................[/quote]

Hang on where did I mention long term plan?
Billi Bollox
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Billi Bollox »

I think the problem now is that he is a dead man walking and the players know it. The owners have created a situation where the players may well not try for the manager knowing that his time will be up shortly.

Tbh they should just let him go and get someone else before the start of the season as BFS staying with the current situation will only do us more harm than good.

I am far from impressed with the way our owners have behaved, frankly its embarrassing and makes us look like a bunch of amateurs. As for social media, the spunk brothers should stay well clear as their utilization of it currently leaves alot to be desired.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2659 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

last.caress wrote:...Sullivan Jong-il AND Sullivan Jong-un...
Someone really needs to photoshop this...
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

Billi Bollox wrote:I think the problem now is that he is a dead man walking and the players know it. The owners have created a situation where the players may well not try for the manager knowing that his time will be up shortly.

Tbh they should just let him go and get someone else before the start of the season as BFS staying with the current situation will only do us more harm than good.

I am far from impressed with the way our owners have behaved, frankly its embarrassing and makes us look like a bunch of amateurs. As for social media, the spunk brothers should stay well clear as their utilization of it currently leaves alot to be desired.
I wouldn't imagine there will be many in that squad who wouldn't put it in if the manager is still around
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Does anyone know now what sacking BFS would cost...

I know figures of 4-6 million were mentioned last January... But now he is under the year is it more or the same or much less?

I only say more because I know some clauses can contain compensation amounts if the figure set against time left on the contract is less than a percentage of a minimum figure ?
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

I think we're all in agreement that we want West Ham improving/evolving as a football team..Agreed?

I think everyone was happy enough with the first two seasons with SA, but its solely last season that has split the fans. I'm giving SA the benefit of doubt & believe that we played quite bad more times than not due to injuries.Other side of fence think it was sh*t & SA is not up to the job(saying all that there were some decent highlights).

I have a managers name that I think will do a very good job at West Ham..Aitor Karanka

Done a very good job at Boro last season. Plays some good stuff but I would like to see how he gets on this season. Was assistant to Mourinho at Real Madrid.Worth keeping tabs on & in my opinion would ne an excellent appointment.

So I think one or two seasons more with Allardyce & bring in Karanka.

Saying all that if SA wins West Ham a cup or gets us into the UEFA Cup then what do we do? :lol:
Last edited by Cardiff here we come..... on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

Steve Clarke was assistant to Mourinho too.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

ooh look who it is wrote:Steve Clarke was assistant to Mourinho too.
Clarke was assistant to Mourinho to keep the Chelsea fan's onside rather than being anything special.

I confident that AK will be a good manager & has a real good knowledge of the Portuguese & Spanish leagues...West Ham fans cry out for technically gifted players, he would build one...

Ohh look, stop trying to piss on my parade. :wink:
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

Hopefully a signing with a statement from Sulli and S.A smoothing things over will put all this to rest. Then go and win our next friendly and everyone can calm down.
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

[quote="Cardiff here we come
Clarke was assistant to Mourinho to keep the Chelsea fan's onside rather than being anything special.

I confident that AK will be a good manager & has a real good knowledge of the Portuguese & Spanish leagues...West Ham fans cry out for technically gifted players, he would build one...

Ohh look, stop trying to piss on my parade. :[/quote]

Couple more shakes Cardiff. I'm nearly done. :lol:
simon hammer
Has liked: 993 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

wizzo_66 wrote:David Gold‏@davidgold·
After a 33 hour flight from New Zealand, I was in my car scanning through my tweets and it seems I accidently favourited one (1/3)

David Gold‏@davidgold·
It has made some of the papers today so I should clarify that I did not and would never deliberately or... 2/3)

David Gold‏@davidgold·
..intentionally endorse a tweet that questions our manager's position. Lesson: don't use twitter when you're jet lagged! (3/3) dg
Beep beep beep "WARNING...THIS VEHICLE IS REVERSING" beep beep beep.
Iron Works

Post by Iron Works »

I hope someone else was driving or a jet lagged Mr Gold was driving and checking his phone at the same time.
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

The way i view it is as such.

The board should have got rid Sam at the end of last season purely based on their current problems with him. If they arent convinced by him to do the job they want, they should have removed him. If he chose him and stuck by him, then they need to back HIS decisions. His...not theirs.

Its becoming apparent they are not in sync with Sam and that tensions are brewing. How is this conducive to anyone, most of all the team?

Even the Morrison situation shows exactly what direction the owners are going long term. They would rather tie down Ravel against Sam's wishes...who do we think they want here the following season after this...Sam or Ravel? Its clear they don't view Sam as long term beyond this season.

Its all a bit of a shambles.
DrVenk
Has liked: 362 likes
Total likes: 469 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Should this farce ever end, I still think Paul Clement would be a top managerial appointment for us. He's keen to move into management soon.
El_Diablo

Post by El_Diablo »

he can stay if he plays this formation

adrian

jenkinson reid cresswell

kouyate noble

downing ravel valencia

zarate remy

bench - poyet, caroll, nolan, tomkins, demel, jarvis, jussi

just find £10m or so for remy
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Iron Works wrote:I hope someone else was driving or a jet lagged Mr Gold was driving and checking his phone at the same time.
He has a driver don't you know 8-)
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

El_Diablo wrote:he can stay if he plays this formation
That's very generous of you.

What if he doesn't and a new man comes in and doesn't play your own pet formation? Will you allow him to stay?